Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

I think all our main front 4 have that eye of the tiger mentality. Some of the others 2 of course. Its not something that is taught. Its more like a 6th sense.

Ive got no worries at all about those 4 lads together. It will take a few games till they start reading each other proper but we know that time will come and its gonna be a blast!

Werner on his debut at Brighton...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/09/15/werner-on-his-first-experience-of-english-football-and-delight-a

‘Like everybody said to me before, Premier League football is something different,’ began Werner.

‘It was a tough game. Before the 1-1 in the second half we played not so good, and after it we made it better. Reece scored an amazing goal that brought us back in the game, and his corner decided the game, so we are very happy to win and hopefully we can win more games.

‘I played against three massive defenders, and you don’t have something like that in Germany!’ he continued.

‘The game is totally different. In some situations, we had a lot more space, the field is very big and you can make a lot of runs, like we did in the first half after we led 1-0.

‘Then you come out of the dressing room in the second half and the game was totally different. It changed completely. Brighton did very well and gave us a lot of problems.’

‘If I had one step further I could have scored by my own, but in this case it was not possible. At the end it was a clear penalty. The lead was really important in that time of the game because we were not playing so good, we had some struggles because Brighton did very well from the beginning with their press.

‘Maybe in the second game I will score, it becomes harder because it is against Liverpool, but I will try, give my best, and for now I am happy to give an assist for my team.’

Mentality and work ethics of Timo say a lot. To me, he was MoTM against Brighton. Just look how he obtained this penalty: pace and fearlessness. Yes, it will be a different story against Liverpool. But I am convinced we now have that killer to score goals. 

Aye me too!
He has that perfect German arrogance. Maybe attitude is a better word. The type you can rely on when shit hits the fan. Asks a lot of himself but doesn't have his confidence collapse if he goes through a patch where he doesn't meet those expectations.

The anti-Morata

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Supermonkey92 said:

He has that perfect German arrogance. Maybe attitude is a better word. The type you can rely on when shit hits the fan. Asks a lot of himself but doesn't have his confidence collapse if he goes through a patch where he doesn't meet those expectations.

The anti-Morata

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I said on some post lately that they got the eye of the tiger. As does Puli/Ziyech and couple of others. Not summet you learn. Its a instinct. A sense.

Whatever it is its gonna be fun watching it happen.