Followers 9

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really taking the piss now 

Werner has never been the most clinical of players. Last season in the Bundesliga he recorded 20 big chances missed, only second to Lewandowski at 24. That said, it comes with the territory. He's

he has a real mentality off the field but also different level on it. Hard doesn't faze him, but he's a killer, he is going to get tons of goals this season.

Posted Images

On 20/02/2021 at 17:54, Jason said:

That's your opinion. Considering Klopp wanted him, I'd imagine he had a plan for Werner and it's not like Mane/Salah/Firmino are getting any younger either. 

And by the way, Klopp only went after Jota after Werner decided to join us. Otherwise, he would have signed the latter instead. 

Jota would have been less risky to buy than Werner. Jota is at least PL-proven and one of Wolves' best players.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

Jota would have been less risky to buy than Werner. Jota is at least PL-proven and one of Wolves' best players.

Yet, he wasn't Liverpool's first choice. 

I mean if even Tuchel can't get the best out of him, especially with his assistant coach, who used to coach him, who else can? 🙄

I would be happy with him despite not scoring goals if he had a good first touch. I mean Zouma has a bad touch, but at least he is a CB. Werner is a striker ffs. Why do people like Werner or Lukaku never work on their basics? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Yet, he wasn't Liverpool's first choice. 

It is not like Klopp never had flops. He bought Keita, who was not PL material and Mina did not perform well either. Who knows how this new CB from Schalke is going to turn out

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Prefer Neto to Jota to be honest. I think that boy could be something special. Top work rate and very good close control. 

Edited by King Kante
1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

It is not like Klopp never had flops. He bought Keita, who was not PL material and Mina did not perform well either. Who knows how this new CB from Schalke is going to turn out

Hard to judge Keita properly when he has been injury prone since joining Liverpool.

Don't think Minamino was ever signed to be a first choice.

Kabak was clearly a desperate signing given their injury situation. The fact it's only a loan deal says it all. 

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I do not think Kloop picks many of the signings to be fair, I think Liverpool's signings are largely decided by their analytics team. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I would be happy with him despite not scoring goals if he had a good first touch. I mean Zouma has a bad touch, but at least he is a CB. Werner is a striker ffs. Why do people like Werner or Lukaku never work on their basics? 

I don't know why I'm doing this but I'll bite again. With the way people go on about Werner's bad touch, one would think every - and I mean EVERY - pass to him has resulted in a loss of possession. There are people who keep on complaining about Werner's touch and the same ones who would keep quiet over Abraham's bambi on ice control, for example.

Just now, Jason said:

I don't know why I'm doing this but I'll bite again. With the way people go on about Werner's bad touch, one would think every - and I mean EVERY - pass to him has resulted in a loss of possession. There are people who keep on complaining about Werner's touch and the same ones who would keep quiet over Abraham's bambi on ice control.

Abraham gets swept under the rug because he's "one of our own" and not part of the £200m+.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Abraham gets swept under the rug because he's "one of our own" and not part of the £200m+.

If people are gonna complain about the basics, then it should be applied to everyone. 

7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I do not think Kloop picks many of the signings to be fair, I think Liverpool's signings are largely decided by their analytics team. 

Think Klopp does get his fair amount of say at Liverpool. Otherwise, I'm not sure he would have stayed there for so long if all the players bought are dictated by someone else. Am sure there's a proper collaboration between Klopp and their sporting director when it comes to transfers, instead of one trying to impose themselves over the other. 

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think Klopp does get his fair amount of say at Liverpool. Otherwise, I'm not sure he would have stayed there for so long if all the players bought are dictated by someone else. Am sure there's a proper collaboration between Klopp and their sporting director when it comes to transfers, instead of one trying to impose themselves over the other. 

At BVB, their scouts identified most of their talents like Lewandoswki for instance. So I think Klopp is used to be just a coach

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't know why I'm doing this but I'll bite again. With the way people go on about Werner's bad touch, one would think every - and I mean EVERY - pass to him has resulted in a loss of possession. There are people who keep on complaining about Werner's touch and the same ones who would keep quiet over Abraham's bambi on ice control, for example.

I am pretty sure that Tammy's first touch is better than Werner's. Do you know where I can look up such kind of stat😂

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

At BVB, their scouts identified most of their talents like Lewandoswki for instance. So I think Klopp is used to be just a coach

But don't think the setup at Liverpool is quite the same though. 

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I am pretty sure that Tammy's first touch is better than Werner's. Do you know where I can look up such kind of stat😂

original.gif

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Both Serie A and Bundesliga are a dream of pacy strikers, because both league's can't handle fast strikers. 

More where that came from...

For his sake and ours, hope he improves his game going forward...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Both Serie A and Bundesliga are a dream of pacy strikers, because both league's can't handle fast strikers. 

Contes 352 would be great for him. With Lukaku. Not saying we should sell 😆