Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

On 29/08/2020 at 11:08 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Hopefully we never line up with a false 9 ever again after Di Matteo, Conte and Sarri using it over the years here. Bar Guardiola, what manager has ever successfully incorporated one in his team?  

Klopp.

3 minutes ago, Stats said:

Very similar to Aubameyang. They often start of from the left but will often end up in CF position and they both will always score goals. What a finish :clap:

Excellent comparison. Similarly to Auba, Werner is razor sharp in and around the box. Also like Auba if he gets a sniff you just expect he will always score.

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Timo cannot play as number 9, he is shit for Germany...

How many times we heard this?

As a solo striker he scored against Spain, France and Netherlands for Germany.

He is playing from the left no?

38 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Timo cannot play as number 9, he is shit for Germany...

How many times we heard this?

As a solo striker he scored against Spain, France and Netherlands for Germany.

37 minutes ago, DDA said:

He is playing from the left no?

He played clearly as central striker. The guys writing him off as sole no.9 probably just made their impression based on his pre-2019 performances. He has matured a lot last season. and works tight spaces much better. Has even improved his passing massivley in the last few months which was priorly his weakness

30 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He played clearly as central striker. The guys writing him off as sole no.9 probably just made their impression based on his pre-2019 performances. He has matured a lot last season. and works tight spaces much better. Has even improved his passing massivley in the last few months which was priorly his weakness

He started off from the left and often interchanged positions. Either way he had a very good game and he was a different animal second half. However his goal was a CF finish. He will be a clinical goalscorer for Germany playing as the loneman upfront, no doubt about it.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Klopp.

Maybe (if your on about Firmino that is).

Depends though how you look at Firmino. He isnt necessarily a 9 to some people but he reminds me of Karim Benzema and has played as a number 9 in a similar system to what Real used with Benzema centrally dropping in, linking the play and Bale and Ronaldo coming infield from wider positions as forwards and running in behind. 

I would class him as a centre forward if I am honest, I know he was an attacking midfielder in in Germany but I would say he is a modern CF.  Suppose just a matter of opinion. When people say false 9 I think more of Messi or even Gotze with Germany and Bayern. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

It wasn't clearly from the center at all. 

11 minutes ago, DDA said:

It wasn't clearly from the center at all. 

It’s just his natural movement pattern as a right footer to move in from the left. Officially we played 352 with same and Werner as central strikers with no wingers but wing backs. So no idea how more central you can play in that system as a striker. Anyway, The point is that Werner has often be dubbed to only be able to play off a bigger striker like poulsen as an inside forward or as a second striker. He clearly proved opposite today

6 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

It’s just his natural movement pattern as a right footer to move in from the left. Officially we played 352 with same and Werner as central strikers with no wingers but wing backs. So no idea how more central you can play in that system as a striker. Anyway, The point is that Werner has often be dubbed to only be able to play off a bigger striker like poulsen as an inside forward or as a second striker. He clearly proved opposite today

I understand what you meant but to me it just looked asif he was playing a similar role to what he played at Leipzig, from the left. I agree though, I think he will be fine playing centrally from the glipses he has shown when positioned there. At first, I had doubts but am now starting to think it might not be a problem at all. His link up play looks better than I initially thought too 

I understand what you meant but to me it just looked asif he was playing a similar role to what he played at Leipzig, from the left. I agree though, I think he will be fine playing centrally from the glipses he has shown when positioned there. At first, I had doubts but am now starting to think it might not be a problem at all. His link up play looks better than I initially thought too 
It is just his playing style. He will never be a classical CF like Drogba etc.
He will always move to the wings couple of times during the match, so Havertz can move to CF.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

6 hours ago, killer1257 said:

It is just his playing style. He will never be a classical CF like Drogba etc.
He will always move to the wings couple of times during the match, so Havertz can move to CF.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I'm too excited man..