Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

On 17/08/2020 at 1:53 AM, BlueLyon said:

thats the thing. Hate on the media for being subjective twats. Hate on fans for being twats.

If the players are twats and get cocky, I will dislike them. I never liked Fabinho or Henderson. But their front 3, Alisson, TAA, Robertson are good players. I despise Barca and I couldnt stand Alves, but man he was superb fullback. Or Ramos. Dude is actualy a twat. But anyone would kill to have a captain like him. 

If Klopp and his team plays well and entertain, credit where its due. 

I mean when I was younger, I remember it was popular to hate on them, but eventualy it makes no sense, its childish to me nowdays. Unless I watch a game and they dive and cheat, foul, sure thats disgusting and I hate them, but what happens outside or with media, the fans, I mean I couldnt care less.

I guess if you are english and have interactions with their toxic fans and media every day, thats another thing.

For me thats a non issue. I know a few arse, united, pool "fans" but they are all good so its not problem. 

When it comes to clubs, its obvious to hate rivals in england or europe, but its also a great experience to learn how to control emotions and appreciate good players and football. That way you experience more.

I used to despise many players cuz they beat us or something and you would go on with oh that guy Alves, Ronaldo, Gerrard etc...they are such cunts yadayada. They aint shit. But at the end they are all world class players. And its joy to watch.

But when it comes to games where we play against them..then I turn that appreciation off and its us above anyone. Chelsea win no matter what. 🙂

What pisses me the most however are the refs and var. I hate that more than I will ever hate pool or spuds or anyone. For a while, I even considered to stop watching footie for sometime, I mean the game is good, but refs and var fuck everything up like its rigged. Its impossible to watch then. 

Yeah but the problem is the Dipper fan base and the club in general. Here is a list of things they have done: 

Murdered 39 Juventus fans. Never took responsibility (initially they said it wasn't their fans and tried to infer that it was the Chelsea Headhunter's - their Chairman/board member kept on saying that their was 'cockney voices on the terraces'.) Then when that didn't wash, they blamed UEFA for holding the game at a ground that wasn't suitable. 

Fall out from this was a 6 year ban for all English clubs (why didn't they just give the Dipper's a 20 year ban or lifetime ban?). 

Then you have Hillsborough. This one was a bit more complicated as the Police did f*ck up. However, the fact of the matter is that thousands of Dipper's without tickets rushed the gates. 

Then you have the t-shirts in support of someone banned for racism. 

In the Athens final in 2007, after spending 27 years crying about Hillsborough, their fans tried to pull the same trick of turning up without tickets and rushing the gates. UEFA called them the worst fans in Europe, the media and Dipper's went into meltdown over the accusation and blamed UEFA for holding a high profile football game at a Olympic Stadium without proper turnstiles. 

On Twitter they go crazy when anyone calls them murderers or Dipper's. Saying that such comments are hurtful/hateful. Then at club sanctioned events their fans sing songs celebrating the Munich tragedy. 

When visiting teams turn up at their ground they throw bricks and flairs at it. 

This is all before when get to the media love in and the self aggrandising they do all the time. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Yeah but the problem is the Dipper fan base and the club in general. Here is a list of things they have done: 

Murdered 39 Juventus fans. Never took responsibility (initially they said it wasn't their fans and tried to infer that it was the Chelsea Headhunter's - their Chairman/board member kept on saying that their was 'cockney voices on the terraces'.) Then when that didn't wash, they blamed UEFA for holding the game at a ground that wasn't suitable. 

Fall out from this was a 6 year ban for all English clubs (why didn't they just give the Dipper's a 20 year ban or lifetime ban?). 

Then you have Hillsborough. This one was a bit more complicated as the Police did f*ck up. However, the fact of the matter is that thousands of Dipper's without tickets rushed the gates. 

In the Athens final in 2007, after spending 27 years crying about Hillsborough, their fans tried to pull the same trick of turning up without tickets and rushing the gates. UEFA called them the worst fans in Europe, the media and Dipper's went into meltdown over the accusation and blamed UEFA for holding a high profile football game at a Olympic Stadium without proper turnstiles. 

On Twitter they go crazy when anyone calls them murderers or Dipper's. Saying that such comments are hurtful/hateful. Then at club sanctioned events their fans sing songs celebrating the Munich tragedy. 

This is all before when get to the media love in and the self aggrandising they do all the time. 

Scumbags

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Well yeah they are dirty twats but still what has Salah for example got to do with it? Like I said I couldnt give two fucks about their entitled fans (or Barca, Real, Utd,...fans for that matter). If the club performs well and doesnt cheat and use cheap tactics, I give credit. 

I know a couple pool fans here and they are ok. 

But yes Im sure its different if you live in england and interact with bunch of cuntish fans on daily basis.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Well yeah they are dirty twats but still what has Salah for example got to do with it? Like I said I couldnt give two fucks about their entitled fans (or Barca, Real, Utd,...fans for that matter). If the club performs well and doesnt cheat and use cheap tactics, I give credit. 

I know a couple pool fans here and they are ok. 

But yes Im sure its different if you live in england and interact with bunch of cuntish fans on daily basis.

Yeah, I have nothing against the players themselves, except for when they start banging on about how great and 'down to earth' their fan base is. Klopp for instance is particularly bad at this. 

However, their fans and the club in general are horrible and the most self-deluded fans you could ever wish to meet. Honestly, Barca, Real and Bayern are arrogant as can be but the Dipper's are on a completely different level when it comes to lacking self-awareness and generally just being lowlifes. 

I mean, just a couple of weeks ago when they won the league they broke the social distancing rules as trashed their own city firing fireworks at buildings and causing fires. But again, wasn't their fault, as they are the salt of the earth. 

Here is an example of them 'celebrating' amongst themselves after their title win: 

Oh, and lets also not forget how although they paint themselves as a great community club who fight for social rights, they were one of the first to put their low paid workers on furlough. 

Honestly, a lot of stuff that goes on with the Dipper's couldn't be made up as someone would say it is too ridiculous too be true. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

I have a bad feeling in my gut that he may struggle playing the lone ST in the Prem. If he's put on the wing where will Pulisic play!

He's not going to be challenging and winning headers against the centre backs but I see no reason why he can't be a success playing centrally.

His movement is excellent, pace is frightening and from what I've seen he's pretty robust and a tireless worker. 

I think the key will be to get players in and around him so he's not left isolated. Full backs will be key here to give the width so the likes of Pulisic, Ziyech and CHO can all be used as inverted wingers with the option and threat to cut inside and the likes of Havertz and Mount will need to get up and down to support him too.

Having said this, if Pulisic continues to be hindered with niggling injuries then Werner may find himself playing from the left quite frequently anyway, with Giroud or Tammy as the central striker.

24 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He's not going to be challenging and winning headers against the centre backs but I see no reason why he can't be a success playing centrally.

His movement is excellent, pace is frightening and from what I've seen he's pretty robust and a tireless worker. 

I think the key will be to get players in and around him so he's not left isolated. Full backs will be key here to give the width so the likes of Pulisic, Ziyech and CHO can all be used as inverted wingers with the option and threat to cut inside and the likes of Havertz and Mount will need to get up and down to support him too.

Having said this, if Pulisic continues to be hindered with niggling injuries then Werner may find himself playing from the left quite frequently anyway, with Giroud or Tammy as the central striker.

Yeh thats how i see it going too.

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

This made me think; Chilwell isnt brilliant crosser, but its not like we have Lewa in attack. 

So I guess the game will be played on the ground. Im not the biggest fan of this because there isnt enough versatility, but at least Kai is tall and might cause some danger in air.

13 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

This made me think; Chilwell isnt brilliant crosser, but its not like we have Lewa in attack. 

So I guess the game will be played on the ground. Im not the biggest fan of this because there isnt enough versatility, but at least Kai is tall and might cause some danger in air.

Giroud still presents the "plan B" option of a target man and aerial threat in the box.

I think the full backs though will be looking more regularly for cut backs or crosses driven across goal which will obviously suit the movement and size of Werner but also should benefit the midfielders expected to make the runs into the box for support (a la Lampard).

To be honest though the more dangerous option is giving Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO, etc time and space to cut inside on to their stronger foot. It can't happen all the time otherwise it becomes predictable but two energetic, athletic full backs that are capable of consistently overlapping should help to create that space for it to be a regular option because somebody has to track them.

I also think the tactical flexibility and versatility of our forward players creates so many options that can be exploited mid game without the need for subs. It's something that Lampard seems to want from his attacking players.

Werner can drift to the left, and Pulisic can exploit the space centrally. Havertz and Ziyech can switch roles. Havertz can push up higher alongside Werner. Lots of interesting options.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Giroud still presents the "plan B" option of a target man and aerial threat in the box.

I think the full backs though will be looking more regularly for cut backs or crosses driven across goal which will obviously suit the movement and size of Werner but also should benefit the midfielders expected to make the runs into the box for support (a la Lampard).

To be honest though the more dangerous option is giving Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO, etc time and space to cut inside on to their stronger foot. It can't happen all the time otherwise it becomes predictable but two energetic, athletic full backs that are capable of consistently overlapping should help to create that space for it to be a regular option because somebody has to track them.

I also think the tactical flexibility and versatility of our forward players creates so many options that can be exploited mid game without the need for subs. It's something that Lampard seems to want from his attacking players.

Werner can drift to the left, and Pulisic can exploit the space centrally. Havertz and Ziyech can switch roles. Havertz can push up higher alongside Werner. Lots of interesting options.

ziyech and kai are also lefties, so that will add extra options to our play. We have been lacking a proper left footed winger for ages.

Very weird seeing Che,sea with a smaller, lightning quick striker rather than the bigger, more traditional #9's that we've had for years and years. He popped up all over the pitch today.

Should be awesome to watch when all of our attackers are fit and on form. Having 2 players with incredible vision and creativity like Havertz and Ziyech combined with two forwards who excell at making runs like Timo and CP will be lethal.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Very weird seeing Che,sea with a smaller, lightning quick striker rather than the bigger, more traditional #9's that we've had for years and years. He popped up all over the pitch today.

Should be awesome to watch when all of our attackers are fit and on form. Having 2 players with incredible vision and creativity like Havertz and Ziyech combined with two forwards who excell at making runs like Timo and CP will be lethal.

And that would be a big problem if he kept drifting in middle. Thankfuly we will have Kai upfront in those moments. 

Timo works in two striker system, but two traditional strikers bring all sorts of tactical problems and you lose a pair of legs in midfield.

So instead of getting another traditional striker to pair him with Timo,  we will have AM who is just as lethal upfront but can play across entire frontline. Could be ridiculously efficient. 

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

They are obviously different strikers and at different age but the contrast was so stark when we saw Werner and then Giroud upfront.