Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

11. Timo Werner

Jas
Followers 9

Some responsibility lies with the manager. 

Even though Werner was supposed to play striker today against city, he played very much like he always plays: as a winger but more central.

did not make enough runs to catch crosses and passes. Players don’t do what they are told, but what they are used to doing in practice and games.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really taking the piss now 

Werner has never been the most clinical of players. Last season in the Bundesliga he recorded 20 big chances missed, only second to Lewandowski at 24. That said, it comes with the territory. He's

A bit of class by RB Leipzig by posting the 'one step beyond' and now saying "Look after him for us, we will be rooting for Frank's young guns next season" Classy as fuck

Posted Images

He was terrible, no runs in behind, never attacked the central spaces, was constantly staying wide and providing us with no presence in the center. And on top of all this he refused to shoot every time he had a chance. It's getting annoying now. 

Lampard doesn't know what to do with him

3 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Lampard doesn't know what to do with the team. Period. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

He was terrible, no runs in behind, never attacked the central spaces, was constantly staying wide and providing us with no presence in the center. And on top of all this he refused to shoot every time he had a chance. It's getting annoying now. 

He doesn't make runs in behind because there is literally nobody in the team playing the passes.

I have seen him run in behind loads of times in other games for the midfielder.. mainly Mount.. to turn around and play it back.

He has zero confidence in the providers so then runs out wide or deep to fetch the ball and he isn't good enough to make something happen from there... it isn't his game. 

He needs to be running onto through balls or attack low crosses.... which we do nether of lol.

If Werner was playing for Liverpool or City he would be scoring regularly and that's the simple truth.

• Like 4
He doesn't make runs in behind because there is literally nobody in the team playing the passes.
I have seen him run in behind loads of times in other games for the midfielder.. mainly Mount.. to turn around and play it back.
He has zero confidence in the providers so then runs out wide or deep to fetch the ball and he isn't good enough to make something happen from there... it isn't his game. 
He needs to be running onto through balls or attack low crosses.... which we do nether of lol.
If Werner was playing for Liverpool or City he would be scoring regularly and that's the simple truth.

I highly doubt that Werner has the technical abilities to play for Man City

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just now, killer1257 said:

I highly doubt that Werner has the technical abilities to play for Man City

He was reportedly wanted by Guardiola in the summer.

Pep had other flops too

lol Okay, hater.

lol Okay, hater.
If you think Werner is able to play one touch football at Man City, that is your opinion. I don't think he can. #justsayin

If you think Werner is able to play one touch football at Man City, that is your opinion. I don't think he can. #justsayin

Whatever hater. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Liepzeg played one touch football with Werner. Lampard only plays crosses so Werner cant show that he can play that style here

Liepzeg played one touch football with Werner. Lampard only plays crosses so Werner cant show that he can play that style here

I don't think you know how bad Werner's technique is to play one touch football. He is like Diego Costa. You need to feed him with fabrepasses, so he can score goals. But Costa had the advantage that he was much more physical and was good in the air. So, he had other things apart from pace and good runs that made him good. Diego Costa would also not been able to play Pep football, but I am just a hater apparently. I loved Diego btw.

At least, I was one of the few guys that realized before Werner came to us that he had many weaknesses. TC did not see it.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

I don't think you know how bad Werner's technique is to play one touch football. He is like Diego Costa. You need to feed him with fabrepasses, so he can score goals. But Costa had the advantage that he was much more physical and was good in the air. So, he had other things apart from pace and good runs that made him good. Diego Costa would also not been able to play Pep football, but I am just a hater apparently. I loved Diego btw.

At least, I was one of the few guys that realized before Werner came to us that he had many weaknesses. TC did not see it.

Yes I know Werner has so many weaknesses. I'm one of the most blunt Chelsea fans you can meet as I say things the way I see it. 

Werner's first problem is his terrible first touch (Lukaku levels) which even affects his first time shooting.

He has major problems but the system of play we employ is a disaster for Werner. I saw a stat that Bruno Fernandes has played more through passes this season than the whole Chelsea team combined. 

How does a player who lives on the shoulder of the last defender survive without balls through the middle? 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Yes I know Werner has so many weaknesses. I'm one of the most blunt Chelsea fans you can meet as I say things the way I see it. 

Werner's first problem is his terrible first touch (Lukaku levels) which even affects his first time shooting.

Saw this from Lukaku...

Lampard always talked about working hard in training but I wonder if he's actually working smart with the players in training. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Lampard may just have chosen the wrong player for Chelsea and this might cost him the job

I don't know if it's the lack of pre-season or there's big pressure on him this season but although he changed too much last season, at least he was flexible with the formation. This season, he just seems stuck with 4-3-3, even when it's not working. Werner did his best work as a second striker at Leipzig and yet, Lampard has not tried once this season to play 2 strikers upfront - be it 4-4-2, 4-diamond-2 or 3-5-2. Even 3-4-3 might work, allowing Werner to play closer to the central striker and just focus on chances inside the box, instead of suddenly having to play a dual role with the defensive and offensive work as a winger. If Lampard really doesn't know how to use Werner, then one needs to question why did Lampard even buy him. Really, REALLY curious as to what Lampard said to Werner (and even the others) when he convinced him to join us.

• Like 2
Saw this from Lukaku...

Lampard always talked about working hard in training but I wonder if he's actually working smart with the players in training. 

I have watched Lukaku only one time this season and that was when Lukaku had his disasterclass in Inter's last CL match, so I give him the benefit of the doubt that he has maybe improved this season. But last season, I remember clearly that his first touch at Inter was still horrible. He may have improved a little bit and I would say that his left foot is not as bad as it used to be, but still not good. His right foot was still very bad. Also his passing was still very horrific in a very easy league. Maybe I have watched the wrong games, just like I apparently watched the wrong games last season of Chilwell, but I think it was not good. Lukaku scored many goals, but against the CL teams last season, he struggled and I think he did not score against the bigger sides of Serie A that much.

Also, Conte was at Chelsea. He did not make Willian turn into a world class player, he also did not turn Oscar into a world class player. Instead, he sold one and tried selling the other one too, but failed trying and got the sack instead [emoji23]

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Saw this from Lukaku...

This is a manager that wants a player, knows his weaknesses and has a plan on how to improve them to the benefit of his team. 

Ours just looks like we liked some YouTube videos and paid 50mil :doh:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jason said:

He was reportedly wanted by Guardiola in the summer.

Wouldnt see him starting there.

Not as technically proficient as the likes of Silva, Mahrez, Sterling, De Bruyne, Foden, Gundogan, Torres etc although not to say Pep couldnt of improved him. 

Would of imagined the City links are the same as the old links we had to every player under the sun because we spent a lot of money, we had big managers and clubs/agents would try drive up the price.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't know if it's the lack of pre-season or there's big pressure on him this season but although he changed too much last season, at least he was flexible with the formation. This season, he just seems stuck with 4-3-3, even when it's not working. Werner did his best work as a second striker at Leipzig and yet, Lampard has not tried once this season to play 2 strikers upfront - be it 4-4-2, 4-diamond-2 or 3-5-2. Even 3-4-3 might work, allowing Werner to play closer to the central striker and just focus on chances inside the box, instead of suddenly having to play a dual role with the defensive and offensive work as a winger. If Lampard really doesn't know how to use Werner, then one needs to question why did Lampard even buy him. Really, REALLY curious as to what Lampard said to Werner (and even the others) when he convinced him to join us.

Regardless of which position/system Werner played in for Leipzig, we knew he would have to adapt to fit into the team in one way or another be it off the left or upfront and we all thought he would have the quality to do it. 

I do think the coaching is an issue for the team but theres also got to be a huge emphasis on Timo himself. Same with Kai. There performances really haven’t been good enough for a while.

Talking of tactics and flexibility, I seem to remember you being among many complaining about Lampard not trying 433 earlier on in the season to suit Havertz, Kante, Mount, among others. When we played 4231? Now go 442? Or 352? Or whatever? Again, may work, may not but again theres 11 players the system has to suit not just Timo. Right now, I do think the best thing for Timo is going to be a run out the team in all honesty, if he keeps up with this runs of no goals, be it from the left or up top, its going to be additional pressure. The whole method of creating chances by crossing be it from James, Azpiliceuta or Chilwell, doesn’t suit Timo. 

• Like 2