Gianfranco_Z

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen that...Poyets gone also.

Spurs are a fucking shambles....long may it continue :lol:

BREAKING NEWS

"Unconfirmed reports have it that Spurs have sacked manager Juande Ramos. They are now waiting for a new manager from China, his name is Win Wun Soon...."
Edited by Tri-Blue

Tottenham sack Ramos and Comolli

_45143346_breaking_news_226x170.gifTottenham Hotspur have sacked coach Juande Ramos, along with sporting director Damien Comolli.

Spurs have also parted company with first team coaches Gus Poyet and Marcos Alvarez, following the team's long string of poor results.

The club also confirmed that Portsmouth have agreed to allow Harry Redknapp to talk to Tottenham about the vacancy.

Backroom staff-members Clive Allen and Alex Inglethorpe will take charge of Sunday's match against Bolton.

The club confirmed the clear-out in a statement on their website.

Spurs are bottom of the Premier League after taking just two points from their opening eight matches this season.

Ramos' last game in charge was Thursday's defeat to Udinese in the Uefa Cup.

Tottenham sack Ramos for Redknapp

_45143355_ramos226getty.jpg Ramos has paid the price for Spurs' terrible start to the season Tottenham Hotspur have sacked coach Juande Ramos and sporting director Damien Comolli and have appointed Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp.

Spurs have also parted company with first team coaches Gus Poyet and Marcos Alvarez, following the team's long string of poor results.

Backroom staff-members Clive Allen and Alex Inglethorpe will take charge of Sunday's match against Bolton.

Spurs confirmed the clear-out in a statement on their website on Saturday.

Spurs are bottom of the Premier League after taking just two points from their opening eight matches this season.

Ramos' last game in charge was Thursday's defeat to Udinese in the Uefa Cup.

Well, bugger me. That happened fast.

this is bad timing for them, but it's great for us.

They haven't said anything about Redknapp yet, tho.

Redknapp has confirmed that it was Pompey Board's decision to allow Spurs to talk to him. He has agreed as Pompey are in desperate need for money.

Harry Redknapp has confirmed to Sky Sports News that he is going to be the next manager of Tottenham Hotspur.

Shortly after confirming the departure of manager Juande Ramos, sporting director Damien Comolli and assistant boss Gus Poyet - Spurs confirmed they had made a move for Redknapp.

Portsmouth quickly agreed to Spurs' offer of £5million for their manager and now Redknapp is on his way to North London.

Redknapp explained Spurs made their first move on Thursday.

"I was in Portugal, waiting for a flight back [after Portsmouth's Uefa Cup match against Braga] and we got a phone call from Tottenham saying they would like to speak to me," he revealed to Sky Sports News.

"They spoke with Peter Storrie [Portsmouth chief executive] and he spoke with Daniel Levy, and I think they came to agreement where the club are actually playing £5milion in compensation which is a great deal for Portsmouth.

"But I think they needed the money, things are right but the club have been fantastic but we only get 19,000 - we tried to sell one more player during the window and in the end I guess they have sold the manager."

Redknapp admitted he could not turn down the chance to move to Spurs.

"It was a great opportunity for me, Tottenham are a great club - but I honestly loved, genuinely love my time at Portsmouth I have never been happier - but Tottenham have come in and £5million is great for Portsmouth and I will now see what I can do at Tottenham."

He also confirmed that he will be Tottenham boss before their match with Bolton and he is likely to pick the side, alongside caretaker management team Clive Allen and Alex Inglethorpe.

"It is going to be done tonight [saturday] and by tomorrow morning I will be in place, and yes I will go to the game and I will pick the team obviously and I will be in the dressing room and hopefully we can get a result, and hopefully Portsmouth will get a result too," he confirmed.

This was incredible really.

Turned 5live on whilst heading to the game today, and the first thing I hear is "and we'll be talking to Harry Redknapp about why he decided to move to Tottenham". I was like, 'ang on!