Unbeaten season ?

Mirror

Scolari: I want to go through the season unbeaten

Luiz Felipe Scolari last night set his table-topping Chelsea the ultimate challenge, saying: “I want to go through the season unbeaten.”

Liverpool tomorrow aim to frustrate Scolari and become the first visiting team to earn a league win at Stamford Bridge in 87 matches stretching back to February 2004.

But after nine wins and three draws from his 12 games in charge, which have extended Chelsea’s run to 29 Premier League games without defeat, Scolari handed his team an even bigger ultimatum.

Scolari said: “At this stage, we are not invincible, nobody is. But we need to fight to make sure we don’t lose. This is what I want from my players.

“When I look at them I see a team that doesn’t accept they might lose – and that is why I feel it’s possible to go through the league season undefeated.”

Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal “Invincibles” were the only team in the modern era to go through a league season without defeat in 2003-04.

The Brazilian believes Rafa Benitez’s side represent the biggest test to date and warned: “Even when they concede one or two goals, they are confident they will score three.”

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't give a f**k about stuff like this, as long as we win the league. :-)

Would be so good though to beat Arsenal's record that they gloat about so proudly.

Ask them what they won with that record. Ask them did they get the highest point ever with that record... :P

I don't give a f**k about stuff like this, as long as we win the league. :-)

Would be so good though to beat Arsenal's record that they gloat about so proudly.

I just find it kinda funny that as said they didnt set a record with points etc and that the team who achived that only about 4 players remain

And we came close!Just that sodding City game that screwed us up but to only loose one game in a season and set a record for points not bad :D

'till now : How to jinx your team with such idiotic comment ? Anyway, must be the journalist who put that in Scolari's mouth...

Oh shut the fuck up. Idiotic comment? I wonder if you're even a Chelsea supporter. All you do is moan at the players and manager day by day. Well news to you, we're not going to win every single game

Edited by Joe Cool

As long as we win the league and the champ league who cares?

Fucking spot on. Fuck the home record, at least we'll play more positively. Its a bitter pill to swallow, but that record's gonna stay for a looooooong time. Well, for another four years till we reach 87, anyway :)