Coronaviral

Vesper

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So theres no problems upto 10pm? They cant use 1/2 measures. Its plain daft.

Too far one way causes the virus to spiral out of control while too far the other causes mass poverty amoung other grim things. Every country in the world are trying to strike a perfect balance between the two, some measures will be right, some wrong.

Half measures is the only option until this thing does one.

Just now, Tomo said:

Too far one way causes the virus to spiral out of control while too far the other causes mass poverty amoung other grim things. Every country in the world are trying to strike a perfect balance between the two, some measures will be right, some wrong.

Half measures is the only option until this thing does one.

I am supposedly in the high risk band. Age,health etc. But I never knew I had it.

Of course there are some fit,healthy,young peeps who have not been as lucky. But all the people Ive talked to who have had it barely noticed the symptoms. 

Why not let peeps wear masks when/where they want. Let others risk their lives.

Many know smoking/drinking isnt good for you and kills many. Theres warnings saying these could kill you. They continue to do it.

Let peeps die. Its their decision. All you can do is warn peeps and let others take their own precautions.

Ive not always felt this way and was one for total lockdown. Ive changed my mind.

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Why not let peeps wear masks when/where they want. Let others risk their lives.

I am NOT taking sides on masks

but the one BIGGEST thing they are for is NOT to protect yourself

it is to stop you (and all others) from spreading it to others

asymptomatics have no clue they are spreaders

a non N95 or above mask is better than nothing at protecting you, but it is not remotely close to 100% effective

it is far closer to 100% effective, however, in stopping an infected person from spreading it

that is why people go bonkers on non mask wearers, as they are (when taken as a whole) literally putting the other people around them in what could be mortal danger (generally only if you are over 50 or 60 or have comorbidity)

remember, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Denmark said from the beginning to NOT wear masks

and all but Sweden had and have insanely low deaths

and we only have had so many deaths due to huge HUGE cockups in the elderly care system, plus we have a massively higher (than the others) level of immigrants/refugees, who live differently than native or long term assimilated Nordics by nature, and they took a beating too

On 28/09/2020 at 9:31 AM, Ryan Fong said:

Just wear the god damn mask, even my 2 yr old boy wears a mask at public places.

The problem is that for some, especially the yanks, it has become a political battleground. In the US anti-maskers (95+% are RW Trump cunts) violently lash out, even killing people over it.

It is framed in a violent way there. Here in Sweden, almost no one wears a mask, never have, but whether you do or do not, there has been zero or near zero violence. I NEVER feel violent here, on the streets.

I watch what goes on in the US (not just masks) and I can see myself getting involved violently (especially uf it goes racial). That is super crazy to do there, as so many carry guns. I am so not a typical girl when it comes to physically (and skillfully) defending myself, but I am not bulletproof. Also, as a part black woman, I am in danger from the yank police, no matter how posh I look. I know this from first hand experience from when I lived in NYC whilst reading for my MBA and from visiting my sister when she lived in Atlanta. Driving whilst black (especially in a brand new S-Class) is a real thing and I now know what it feels like to have Atlanta coppers, roided up and racist as shit, aim guns at you all because of the skin colour of 3 of the 4 people driving in a Benz at night, in Buckhead (poshest part of Atlanta) even though the driver, yer sister's fiance, OWNS the car and the HOUSE you are driving too.

33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The problem is that for some, especially the yanks, it has become a political battleground. In the US anti-maskers (95+% are RW Trump cunts) violently lash out, even killing people over it.

It is framed in a violent way there. Here in Sweden, almost no one wears a mask, never have, but whether you do or do not, there has been zero or near zero violence. I NEVER feel violent here, on the streets.

I watch what goes on in the US (not just masks) and I can see myself getting involved violently (especially uf it goes racial). That is super crazy to do there, as so many carry guns. I am so not a typical girl when it comes to physically (and skillfully) defending myself, but I am not bulletproof. Also, as a part black woman, I am in danger from the yank police, no matter how posh I look. I know this from first hand experience from when I lived in NYC whilst reading for my MBA and from visiting my sister when she lived in Atlanta. Driving whilst black (especially in a brand new S-Class) is a real thing and I now know what it feels like to have Atlanta coppers, roided up and racist as shit, aim guns at you all because of the skin colour of 3 of the 4 people driving in a Benz at night, in Buckhead (poshest part of Atlanta) even though the driver, yer sister's fiance, OWNS the car and the HOUSE you are driving too.

Add $ signs to persons of color and its like an appetizer to racists. Its a sad world sometimes. Answer is to surround yourself with good ones. 

Not the best of times to bring up children. I understand all these peeps that go live secluded hunter gatherer lives.

A lot of increase of infections but less death. 

We might be getting immunization to this.

One example is the ridiculous social distance, but during the black live matter riots everyone was so close and no one die from coronavirus. 

We can get infected but it seems like death are decreasing which is great. 

Do think shutting pubs at 10 although good idea on paper in areas with pubs close together will just cause problems. Everyone be out at the same time which isn't ideal.. 

The whole talk before of children can get it so can't spread it blah blah..still daft. We've had 5 adult postive cases so far and 4 of those all worked with a child who was sent home due to temperature. 

And another staff did a test on a whim..no symptoms but now whole nursery staff self isolating..such fun.. 

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

A lot of increase of infections but less death. 

We might be getting immunization to this.

One example is the ridiculous social distance, but during the black live matter riots everyone was so close and no one die from coronavirus. 

We can get infected but it seems like death are decreasing which is great. 

COVID-19 UK daily deaths the highest since 1 July

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-54336494

Meanwhile, in the US, out in COVID-19 denying, QAnon-loving, Trumpie todger-sucking, white nationalist rural shithole South Dakota (run by one of the stupidest female politicians in high office today, Kristi' 3 shots' Noem)

South Dakota Breaks records with surge in new Covid cases in U.S.

https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/state-and-regional/south-dakota-beats-active-covid-19-case-record-for-fifth-consecutive-day/article_fccfae50-66ed-530f-9f88-79177800bce7.html

A video of the Governor Kristi Noem shooting a bird, and saying more hunting less COVID-19, that is how they do social distancing

Kristi Noem's RNC speech: Who is South Dakota's governor?fuck white nationalist gaslighter Kristi Noem - Democratic Underground

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

COVID-19 UK daily deaths the highest since 1 July

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-54336494

Crazy why in certain places is high then. In NYC is a lot of infection but very little death. 

I wonder what contributes to this? 

Boris Johnson calls coronavirus pandemic a 'massive opportunity' the Tories can exploit

Speaking to Tory activists, the Prime Minister said his party would use the fallout from the pandemic to 'short-circuit' the state and slash taxes

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-calls-coronavirus-pandemic-22790194

there is no depth these cunts will not plummet to

:rant:

Penalty king Antonin Panenka in serious condition at Czech hospital with COVID-19

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/czech-republic-cze/story/4202968/penalty-king-antonin-panenka-in-serious-condition-at-czech-hospital

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F1007%2Fr757144_1296x729_16%2D9.jpg&w=920&h=518&scale=crop&cquality=80&location=origin&format=jpg

Czech footballer Antonin Panenka is in intensive care at a hospital after contracting COVID-19, his former club Bohemians 1905 said on Wednesday.

Panenka, 71, scored a unique winning penalty against Germany in the 1976 European Championship, which has been copied by some of the game's greatest players, to win the tournament for his side.

He led the Czechoslovakia national team to their only international title after he lofted the decisive penalty past a surprised and sprawling German goalkeeper Sepp Maier in the shootout of the '76 final.

The shot -- now called a Panenka -- is a simple technique in which the player gently chips the ball down the centre of the goal assuming the keeper will dive to the right or left.

"Antonin Panenka was taken to an intensive care unit today, in a serious condition. We will not comment more on his state. Tonda, let's go!" Bohemians 1905 said on Twitter.

The club later said that Panenka tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

Many of the world's greatest players have attempted Panenkas in big matches. France's Zinedine Zidane gave France a 1-0 lead over Italy in the 2006 World Cup final with the shot, while Andrea Pirlo netted one for Italy against England at Euro 2012 in a shootout.

Daily English COVID cases double in a week as UK struggles with resurgent virus

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-infections/daily-english-covid-cases-double-in-a-week-as-uk-struggles-with-resurgent-virus-idUKKBN26U16Y

New cases of COVID-19 in England were around 17,200 per day in the latest week to Oct. 1, compared to 8,400 per day in the previous week, an infection survey by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said, while another population survey said daily infections could be as many as 45,000.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is seeking to tackle a second wave of COVID-19 with local measures in an effort to avoid another national lockdown.

But the surveys, which feed into government decision-making, paint a bleak picture, and government scientists warned the epidemic was still growing despite a dip in the reproduction number.

UK coronavirus: Boris Johnson may be taught a cruel lesson in bid to reopen  schools - CNN