Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Coronaviral


Vesper
 Share
Followers 3

Recommended Posts

We are in serious danger here again in the UK with this shit....BJ is going to announce another u-turn by going "go to work" to now today "work from home if you can"

This government are an absolute laughing stock....EAT out to help out they said.....that has contributed to cases rising I am sure of that, now the pubs are closing at 10pm because COVID doesn't come out before 11pm

Dear me.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, i just want to say, take care of yourselves and your families during this horrible pandemic, stay safe always and God bless you all. Hug 🙏💪👊

Good article - history shows governments are really slow to withdraw big brother state apparatus and surveillance when emergencies are over. Theyre also quite keen for everyone to have the Covid

Strange times. We've surrendered our liberty and freedom to the State. Parliament has disappeared. All private enterprise has been Nationalised. Movement controlled. All our freedom just given up with

Posted Images

Been taking temperatures going into the office my mate works in the City. He had a temp and they did a test and he was positive. Sent him home. Locked himself away from wife / young grand kids they have custody over. They were tested - negative. 2 weeks later he was tested again. Negative. Said he had no signs of symptoms.

Ive heard various similar stories.

Yet my cousin 52 female very fit,runs/exercises. She got it and was hospitalized.

I dont see theres a particular type of people it hits stronger than others. If anyone should have gone down from it its me!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Special Juan said:

We are in serious danger here again in the UK with this shit....BJ is going to announce another u-turn by going "go to work" to now today "work from home if you can"

This government are an absolute laughing stock....EAT out to help out they said.....that has contributed to cases rising I am sure of that, now the pubs are closing at 10pm because COVID doesn't come out before 11pm

Dear me.

A few weeks ago there was a fuss how people aren't going back to the offices and should stop being scared blah blah...

Its been a shit storm right from the start. I know other parties/people might not handled it better but Boris.. all the guidance given been so wishy washy. His own bloke went off on a journey and nothing done..its daft.

He's a idiot and how on earth is he running a country?!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Special Juan said:

now the pubs are closing at 10pm because COVID doesn't come out before 11pm

Also good to know the virus doesn't like cinemas, theatres...

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Been taking temperatures going into the office my mate works in the City. He had a temp and they did a test and he was positive. Sent him home. Locked himself away from wife / young grand kids they have custody over. They were tested - negative. 2 weeks later he was tested again. Negative. Said he had no signs of symptoms.

Ive heard various similar stories.

Yet my cousin 52 female very fit,runs/exercises. She got it and was hospitalized.

I dont see theres a particular type of people it hits stronger than others. If anyone should have gone down from it its me!

Think it depends how much 'viral load' hits you - and young kids can apparently be carrying 50 times more but show no symptoms. Which is why a lot of schools are massive petri dishes for spreading it back to households

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Think it depends how much 'viral load' hits you - and young kids can apparently be carrying 50 times more but show no symptoms. Which is why a lot of schools are massive petri dishes for spreading it back to households

Well me an the old girl went to quacks yesterday and she had the antibody test which came back positive. So shes had it too. Which is a worry I wont go into why yet but I asked him if it would affect things and he wants us to go back weekly for tests. Hopefully she caught it months ago,

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Well me an the old girl went to quacks yesterday and she had the antibody test which came back positive. So shes had it too. Which is a worry I wont go into why yet but I asked him if it would affect things and he wants us to go back weekly for tests. Hopefully she caught it months ago,

Nightmare mate. So you both got to isolate now ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

Nightmare mate. So you both got to isolate now ?

No bid the antibody test shows if you had it in the past. I had my test back in April so I caught it pretty early. There was many others that caught it too.
We dont know when she caught it but doesnt have it now. So we are both good. I dont know if it helps the immune system. Quack said the antibody happens but nobody knows how long for and peeps can get it again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

No bid the antibody test shows if you had it in the past. I had my test back in April so I caught it pretty early. There was many others that caught it too.
We dont know when she caught it but doesnt have it now. So we are both good. I dont know if it helps the immune system. Quack said the antibody happens but nobody knows how long for and peeps can get it again.

Hopefully youve both a stronger immune system now to fight it off if need be.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Guardian view on Boris Johnson’s second wave: made in Downing Street

 
The prime minister’s over-promising and under-delivering has to end. If he tries to spin his way out of the looming coronavirus disaster it will cost the country dear

The country is facing a second wave of coronavirus because the government is losing track of the outbreak’s spread. Testing capacity is being outpaced by an exponentially growing epidemic. Without testing the people who need testing, the authorities can’t see where cases are rising. With visibility of the disease’s extent obscured, its transmission is harder to slow. A second wave of Covid-19 could be more serious than the first. The NHS, still reeling from the disruption of the last few months, is dealing with a backlog of patients. Winter is coming and with it the possibility of a joint flu epidemic and Covid pandemic. Britain has been put in a dangerous place by Boris Johnson’s administrative failure.

The government messed up its Covid response in the first wave of coronavirus, making blunder after blunder. Britain had no mass testing capacity and was forced to impose a damaging lockdown that plunged the economy into its deepest recession in 300 years. England recorded the highest excess death rate in Europe. Ministers have had months to put things right. A new testing system was devised. The rationale of coming out of the national lockdown was that a functioning test-and-trace system would help the government to spot and suppress local outbreaks. This was the “whack-a-mole” strategy. But it only works if you know where the moles are.

There was little doubt that there would be a problem in autumn and winter. But we are barely out of summer and Mr Johnson’s system can’t cope. If the government can’t provide enough tests for people at this point in September, when ministers knew schools would be returning and have been actively encouraging people back to work, how will it achieve its “moonshot” ambition to process millions of tests a day? Mr Johnson, and his cabinet, do not look remotely up to the challenge. Instead of being open about the issue they alternate between being furtive, evasive and defensive. Public trust in the government’s Covid response is ebbing away: almost two-thirds of those polled think ministers have handled it badly.

The country has no option but for the government’s scheme to work. If it does not then we will face another damaging national lockdown. There needs to be a reset from the government in the way it acts and speaks. The over-promising and under-delivering by ministers has to end. One cannot spin one’s way out of disaster when there is a breakdown in frontline service delivery that affects millions of people’s lives. People are not at fault for demanding tests when they have been told to ask for them.

It is painfully clear that there has been a serious failure of the private laboratories that ministers created on the hoof to rapidly scale up testing operations. Ministers built the labs to run with itinerant PhD workers, who predictably caused staff shortages when they returned to their universities. The government needs to come clean about the mistakes it has made and demonstrate it has the leadership to put them right. A new political and communications strategy will be required to move the country on. Caution, not overconfidence, should be the order of the day.

Time is running out for Mr Johnson to show he recognises the danger ahead and is willing to prepare voters for difficult times. The government needs a humbler and more realistic way of going about things. Belief in a form of national exceptionalism led to lack of preparedness. Mr Johnson’s excessive self-confidence telegraphs hubris about the country’s ability to withstand a public health crisis. This may have been electorally successful but it has led to overreach and complacency. Britain’s painful Covid-19 experience ought to put a premium on competent and decent government. Yet Mr Johnson stokes Brexit’s politics of resentment to trump the politics of problem-solving. The country will pay a high price unless he changes course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Special Juan said:

We are in serious danger here again in the UK with this shit....BJ is going to announce another u-turn by going "go to work" to now today "work from home if you can"

This government are an absolute laughing stock....EAT out to help out they said.....that has contributed to cases rising I am sure of that, now the pubs are closing at 10pm because COVID doesn't come out before 11pm

Dear me.

It's not about it not coming out before 11, it's about trying to balance the health of the nation with making sure we maintain an Economy that gives us a sustainable life to live when this is finally over.

And i say that as no Tory fan, i couldn't stand the slimeball Boris long before it became a hipster trend!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tomo said:

It's not about it not coming out before 11, it's about trying to balance the health of the nation with making sure we maintain an Economy that gives us a sustainable life to live when this is finally over.

And i say that as no Tory fan, i couldn't stand the slimeball Boris long before it became a hipster trend!

Fucking hell Tomo I thought you could tell a tongue in cheek comment:blink:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All going bonkers again.

That demonstration in Trafalgar Sq was crazy. No idea why the old Bill were even there, There was no trouble at all till they moved in. There were the majority of normal people there. Families,old people, Just lost and confused. Asking questions our govt. dont have the answers for.

Add a bunch of bad attitude,none mask wearing cops swinging sticks to move people on and you get bonkers. This is nothing new.

That lockdown at that college typifies the random rules set in place. PLEASE tell me what different things will happen after 10pm when they have pubs shut? Does covid become stronger then? 

Made me laugh as its about right,

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

That lockdown at that college typifies the random rules set in place. PLEASE tell me what different things will happen after 10pm when they have pubs shut? Does covid become stronger then? 

Three hours could make a big difference if hypothetically there's an average of 1 infection every 40 pubs between 10-1, that alone would stop over 1,000 new cases.

We can't go back into full lockdown nor can we go back to February's world, until a vaccine or it runs it's course a balance between trying to slow the spread and actually having a world to come out of this too has to be struck, the pub curfew is seen as one of them, time will tell if that proves to be the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Three hours could make a big difference if hypothetically there's an average of 1 infection every 40 pubs between 10-1, that alone would stop over 1,000 new cases.

We can't go back into full lockdown nor can we go back to February's world, until a vaccine or it runs it's course a balance between trying to slow the spread and actually having a world to come out of this too has to be struck.

So theres no problems upto 10pm? They cant use 1/2 measures. Its plain daft.

And does covid stay away from work places? I know peeps that work in factories on work lines with 100s of peeps ion. No mask rules. All working together. 8-12 hours a day. Do they not catch it? Whats the difference with pubs opening longer? Not all hitting the streets at 10pm?

I do see another lockdown coming tho. Boris is in panic mode.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So theres no problems upto 10pm? They cant use 1/2 measures. Its plain daft.

Too far one way causes the virus to spiral out of control while too far the other causes mass poverty amoung other grim things. Every country in the world are trying to strike a perfect balance between the two, some measures will be right, some wrong.

Half measures is the only option until this thing does one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tomo said:

Too far one way causes the virus to spiral out of control while too far the other causes mass poverty amoung other grim things. Every country in the world are trying to strike a perfect balance between the two, some measures will be right, some wrong.

Half measures is the only option until this thing does one.

I am supposedly in the high risk band. Age,health etc. But I never knew I had it.

Of course there are some fit,healthy,young peeps who have not been as lucky. But all the people Ive talked to who have had it barely noticed the symptoms. 

Why not let peeps wear masks when/where they want. Let others risk their lives.

Many know smoking/drinking isnt good for you and kills many. Theres warnings saying these could kill you. They continue to do it.

Let peeps die. Its their decision. All you can do is warn peeps and let others take their own precautions.

Ive not always felt this way and was one for total lockdown. Ive changed my mind.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

 

Why not let peeps wear masks when/where they want. Let others risk their lives.

 

I am NOT taking sides on masks

but the one BIGGEST thing they are for is NOT to protect yourself

it is to stop you (and all others) from spreading it to others

asymptomatics have no clue they are spreaders

a non N95 or above mask is better than nothing at protecting you, but it is not remotely close to 100% effective

it is far closer to 100% effective, however, in stopping an infected person from spreading it

that is why people go bonkers on non mask wearers, as they are (when taken as a whole) literally putting the other people around them in what could be mortal danger (generally only if you are over 50 or 60 or have comorbidity)

remember, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Denmark said from the beginning to NOT wear masks

and all but Sweden had and have insanely low deaths

and we only have had so many deaths due to huge HUGE cockups in the elderly care system, plus we have a massively higher (than the others) level of immigrants/refugees, who live differently than native or long term assimilated Nordics by nature, and they took a beating too

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...