Coronaviral

Vesper

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

speaking of cunts.............

Jacob Rees-Mogg's investment firm set to make fortune from the coronavirus crisis

EXCLUSIVE: Somerset Capital Management, which the MP co-founded, says market volatility offers a “once or twice in a generation” opportunity to make “super normal returns”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jacob-rees-moggs-investment-firm-21814351

Tory toff Jacob Rees-Mogg’s firm stands to make a fortune out of the turmoil caused by the coronavirus crisis.

The MP owns at least 15 per cent of a company investing in businesses hit by falling share values.

Somerset Capital Management says investors have a “once in a generation” chance of “super normal returns”.

Mr Rees-Mogg stood down as a director of SCM to become Leader of the House of Commons. SCM said it was focusing on clients’ long-term security.

It came as the UK death toll rose by a record 708 – including a boy aged five.

As millions face financial misery, SCM managers are buying into businesses where valuations have tumbled – but should bounce back. Potential gains of 500 per cent are touted.

snip

Jolyon Maugham, the campaigning lawyer who backed legal action against Brexit, described the criticism as "silly."

"No fan of Rees -Mogg, and of course super profits must be properly taxed, but this is a bit silly. SCM wants to invest in bombed out share prices. This is actually a good thing as higher share prices will make it easier for those businesses to attract fresh capital and survive," Maugham said on Twitter.

On 04/04/2020 at 3:19 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Actually it dipped after the election. But yes, it has surprisingly gone up now 

Johnson will always have the satisfaction of knowing that,  all it took was the near complete collapse of human civilisation to do it.

Oh dear!!!

On 04/04/2020 at 6:04 PM, Vesper said:

Do the maths

herd Immunity will occur at around 70% infection rate (give or take 5 % or so)

around 46m or so in the UK with it

let's say it has a 2.5% mortality rate

1.16 million DEAD

On 05/04/2020 at 7:44 AM, Fulham Broadway said:

You say governments should 'put their own first', yet condemn Germany for keeping their own equipment. Banning exports of your own equipment is different from hijacking a shipment already bought and paid for in transit by another nation. You also say 'none of us should stoop so low', then you do exactly what you are criticising.

Blimey Vesper, for someone so clearly bright, you do read things the wrong way sometimes.

I did not condemn Germany for actually banning the export of equipment. I condemn then for double standards they've shown towards America taking the masks.

Both actions are as bad as eachother, but under these horrendous circumstances I support the actions of both America and Germany doing what they did.

I care about everybody, but I care about my family and those close to me, more than I do complete strangers. I care about the health and safety of the British people more than I do about the people of other countries.That's just basic human nature!

On 04/04/2020 at 7:31 PM, Vesper said:

our death rate is exploding, especially compared to the rest of the Nordics

I want to hang Anders Tegnell from a lampost

it is NOT just economics (which is a barbarous way of looking at it)

Tegnell and the rest of the cunts maintains for ages that COVID-19 was barely transmittable, and are pro-immigration/refugee ideologues who let that factor into their calculus, in regards to using the refugees as a reason to not shut the schools down and accusing Denmark, Norway, Finland, etc of being racist

you love to paint a picture of Left v Right in terms of ideology

it is NOT that simple

The US and Sweden are two examples

a fucked up pseudo variant of the LW (Sweden, NOT Denmark, Norway, Finland who are overall so-called LW BUT are streets ahead of us on immigration AND COVID-19) and a fucked up RW/Corporatist systemic form of control scheme (the US) BOTH making disastrous decisions

The UK is also in the US camp to a point, and is actually even more fucked atm in terms of deaths per 100,000 that Sweden is

going for herd immunity is fucking genocidal with this absolute cunt of a virus

I have not made issue Left vs Right. I have clearly said ALL govenmnents have made some mistakes but they're all working their asses off and doing their very best for the people of their countries.

What i have done is condemn those who have tried to use this virus as a stick to beat their political enemies or promote their ideology and all I'm seeing is left leaning people doing this. David Lammy using an interview to promote his book Others saying Brexit should be stopped.  Even today some commie bitch in the Guardian using  non white health workers in the UK as a reason why the insane levels of immigration should continue. 

I understand that all countries who take quarantine is more to help social workers and hospitals. To slow down virus a little bit. Because imagine all at once, no health system in the world would be able to handle that.

So if Sweden think they can handle situation in their one way nothing wrong with that I think.

57 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I understand that all countries who take quarantine is more to help social workers and hospitals. To slow down virus a little bit. Because imagine all at once, no health system in the world would be able to handle that.

So if Sweden think they can handle situation in their one way nothing wrong with that I think.

Well, in the past 15 hours

we have had a US-population adjusted equivalent of over 2540 deaths, not cases, DEATHS

new cases in the past 15 hours, population/adjusted 11,600

total deaths to date, pop-adjusted, over 16,650

total cases, to date (and we are NOT testing for shit, only high risk, symptomatics in general)  242,400

it is out of control here and yet we remain open overall, the only Western nation other than parts of the US (the UK and the US are also fucked,, as of course are Italy and Spain

Spain will soon pass 100,000 US equivalent deaths:(

https://c19.se/en

1c8b0277940455bae609c35db3ae061a.png

Pep Guardiola's mother, 82, dies from coronavirus in Barcelona just weeks after the Manchester City manager donated £920,000 to fight the virus in his native Catalonia

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8192235/Pep-Guardiolas-mother-dies-coronavirus-age-82-Manchester-City-confirm.html#comments

20 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pep Guardiola's mother, 82, dies from coronavirus in Barcelona just weeks after the Manchester City manager donated £920,000 to fight the virus in his native Catalonia

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8192235/Pep-Guardiolas-mother-dies-coronavirus-age-82-Manchester-City-confirm.html#comments

RIP :(

In English: King Carl XVI Gustaf's address to the nation

https://www.thelocal.se/20200405/in-english-king-carl-xvi-gustafs-address-to-the-nation

In English: King Carl XVI Gustaf's address to the nation

King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden spoke about the coronavirus crisis and the road ahead in a televised address to the nation.
The speech was broadcast by public broadcaster SVT at 7.20pm on April 5th. Watch it here or read the Swedish transcript here. Read the official English version, translated by the Royal Court, below.

The week leading up to Easter is commonly called Holy Week.

Today, Palm Sunday, marks the beginning of this solemn week. And in many places the mood is more solemn than ever.

Covid-19 has Sweden and the world in its grip. Streets and squares are empty and quiet.

The pandemic has dealt a major blow to our businesses, workers and the Swedish economy – to Swedish society as a whole.

At the same time, in other parts of our society, the week ahead will be all but quiet.

Civic mobilisation is taking place. I am thinking in particular of the health care sector. There, employees and volunteers are now working – together – to save as many lives as they can.

This is a huge task. It requires courage. And it will require endurance. To all of you involved in this vital work, I offer my heartfelt thanks.

Let us turn our thoughts to everyone who is working to ensure that the rest of Sweden continues to function – despite the constraints of the situation and despite the risks to their own health.

And to those of you making sure that older people receive the care they need, that we can buy food, that public transport continues to operate, and everything else we so easily take for granted – my warmest thanks to you all.

As I mentioned, Holy Week leads us to Easter. For me, and for many people in our country, this is an important celebration and one we look forward to.

It is a time when we are keen to travel and perhaps spend time with family and friends. Many go to church.

But, this Easter, some of this will not be possible. We have to accept this. We have to rethink, prepare ourselves for staying home.

We might feel sad about this. But there will be more Easter holidays. After all, for most us, this will require relatively minor sacrifices – especially if we compare this to falling seriously ill or losing a friend or member of our family.

Today, I am thinking especially of all the children in our country who are now at risk of losing grandparents. Of missing out on the security and wisdom they can offer.

For their sake, we must act responsibly and selflessly. Everyone in our country has this obligation. Each and every one of us.

There is still a great deal of uncertainty. But one thing is certain: we will remember these times and look back on them.

Did I think about other people? Or did I put myself first? We will have to live with the choices we make today, for a long time to come. They will impact many.

Easter will soon be here. And whether or not we celebrate it, I believe that we can embrace its message:

The journey is long and arduous. But in the end, light triumphs over darkness, and we will be able to feel hope again.

In a few weeks' time, I will be 74. That's quite an age. But this also means that I have experienced many of the crises that our country has endured.

I have seen how crises help us to re-evaluate, to distinguish between important and unimportant. How fear turns into an understanding of the seriousness of the problem and how it can be solved.

And one thing I have learned is this: however deep or protracted a crisis becomes, it will ultimately come to an end.

And when this one does, we will all benefit from the consideration and strength that the Swedish people are now demonstrating.

This strength will be an asset to our country – in the future that we are longing for.

It remains for me now to wish you and everyone in Sweden an enjoyable Easter – in spite of everything.

And though it might be hard, remember: You are not alone.