Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Coronaviral


Vesper
 Share
Followers 3

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

meanwhile in Sweden

home of the shittiest COVID response in the EU (no shutdowns of so many segments of society, only crowds of more than FIVE HUNDRED banned, etc etc)

ffs

duncey berks

 

Malmö

in Skåne, the far south, right across from Copenhagen

grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

 

1585158154_sdll-bdxdvdcm8-nh.jpg

 
 
AND today we had the US population adjusted equivalent of over 10,000 new cases and 350 deaths cry.gif sad.gif scared.gif mad.gif mad.gif
 

The Swedes were once renowned for being very smart and sensible to the point of being branded dull and boring.  Now you seem to be run by complete twats doing their best to ruin your beautiful country.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, i just want to say, take care of yourselves and your families during this horrible pandemic, stay safe always and God bless you all. Hug 🙏💪👊

Good article - history shows governments are really slow to withdraw big brother state apparatus and surveillance when emergencies are over. Theyre also quite keen for everyone to have the Covid

Strange times. We've surrendered our liberty and freedom to the State. Parliament has disappeared. All private enterprise has been Nationalised. Movement controlled. All our freedom just given up with

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well, well, well...

 

Given the amount of people he's been in contact with throughout this period it would have been a bigger shock if he didn't get it!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Convenient. Coincidentally he has an impending deadline for the book he has been commissioned to write. To get the 350k down payment he has to meet the deadline. So excuse me for having doubts about this announcement. I suppose that the problem with being a serial liar, no-one is inclined to believe him whether something is true or not.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Convenient. Coincidentally he has an impending deadline for the book he has been commissioned to write. To get the 350k down payment he has to meet the deadline. So excuse me for having doubts about this announcement. I suppose that the problem with being a serial liar, no-one is inclined to believe him whether something is true or not.

he probably has it, I do not think he is that insane to false claim

who knows though

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he probably has it, I do not think he is that insane to false claim

who knows though

More than likely 50% have it/had it according to Oxford professors. Nearly all get mild symptoms -just in a few it really attacks immune system it seems

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

oh, yes of course, but this is so easily verifiable, especially if the rotter spins off this mortal coil

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chippy said:

Numbers of deaths in the UK now starting to rise very sharply and at this rate we're heading for Italy and Spain numbers.

as predicted :(

so many (NOT saying you m8 or anyone on this board) have been in denial

Sweden is a fucking nightmare due to our governments refusal to close it all down, and the USa is FUCKED

multiple experts have been on telly over there saying the best case scenario for the yanks is around 500K/600K dead, but it could be as high as 5 or 6 million fatalities in the ultimate nightmare scenario

so many of the Red states (or the ones with Republican governors like Florida) are refusing to shut down and Trump is aiming to declare 'all clear' on Easter

it is madness

The UK is going to be hit hard as well, tragically

Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH, this board has been the most rational place on the internet in terms of coronavirus, and I on on a shedload of places

I think it is becuase we are so deep into analysis and risk/reward computations, and to slide it over from footie to pandemic matters is fairly natural

Link to post
Share on other sites

The GPMB  -Global Preparedness Monitoring Board is led by former World Health Organisation (WHO) director-general and past Norwegian prime minister, Gro Harlem Brundtland.

It warned Governments in 2018 

‘A quick-moving pathogen has the potential to kill tens of millions of people, disrupt economies and destabilise national security. 

a future pandemic similar to the Spanish flu could spread faster than ever before due to modern advances in international travel, the document said.

It could take just 36 hours for an airborne illness to travel around the world and kill 80,000,000 people,'

 

Government really ought to pay attention to them.....

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

as predicted :(

so many (NOT saying you m8 or anyone on this board) have been in denial

Sweden is a fucking nightmare due to our governments refusal to close it all down, and the USa is FUCKED

multiple experts have been on telly over there saying the best case scenario for the yanks is around 500K/600K dead, but it could be as high as 5 or 6 million fatalities in the ultimate nightmare scenario

so many of the Red states (or the ones with Republican governors like Florida) are refusing to shut down and Trump is aiming to declare 'all clear' on Easter

it is madness

The UK is going to be hit hard as well, tragically

I don't want to sound cold, but what would be hard though?

We lost 28,000 to flu 5 years ago and averaged out of years we lose about 17,000 a year, yet we almost take these loses as something which happens each year. 

Again, I don't want to sound cold, but if we in the UK  can keep the numbers to somewhere near the high level of flu deaths we had 5 years ago and have the "herd immunity" that we need for the future, then as terribly sad as that number of loses would be, I would see that as good an outcome as we could hope for.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chippy said:

I don't want to sound cold, but what would be hard though?

We lost 28,000 to flu 5 years ago and averaged out of years we lose about 17,000 a year, yet we almost take these loses as something which happens each year. 

Again, I don't want to sound cold, but if we in the UK  can keep the numbers to somewhere near the high level of flu deaths we had 5 years ago and have the "herd immunity" that we need for the future, then as terribly sad as that number of loses would be, I would see that as good an outcome as we could hope for.

 

unfortunately I think thsi is going to far exceed the flu deaths and also we have no clue if there will be a herd immunity effect

that all said

there WILL be a vaccine

it is just a matter of how fast they can make it

I would think by next winter would be the soonest

next up to watch btw

is South America, as they are now entering fall soon and I expect cases to explode there over the next several months

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...