• Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • James (sub)

23 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

He has been arguably our most consistent player over the past 5 seasons. 

Yes, he's reaching the twilight of his career - disgraceful post against a fucking legend in the right back position. 

Why the fuck do you support the team if you have to slate everybody? Grow up or get a life whichever is easier 👍

I can understand if people don't see Azpi as a leader, like Terry or Lampard (boy, were we spoilt for leaders in the past), but to constantly use that stick to beat him up is a total BS. Like you and @killer1257 have said, he was/has been arguably our most consistent player since 2013 and is one of the main reasons why we have won what we won during this period. To discredit him because he is not a big character or does not have the personality like Terry is farcical. There is a reason why Azpi has played consistently under different managers over the years. 

44 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Nah it's good we win and we open up a 5pt gap. I think Utd will drop more points too - they just look awful as a team. 

If we can hit the ground running and start like we did at the beginning of the season- we are in business to cement 4th place.

United looked arrogant - and Spuds looked average at best.

I do not see Utd dropping many points, there run in couldn't have been hand picked better. They have: 

Sheff Utd (H)

Norwich (A)

Brighton (A) 

B'mouth (H) 

Villa (A) 

Soton (H) 

Palace (A)

West Ham (H) 

Leicester (A) 

2 games against current top 7, 5 games against bottom 6.

Ours

Villa (A) - Possibly our biggest bogey ground in the PL 

City (H) 

Leicester (A)

West Ham (A) 

Watford (H) 

Palace (A) 

Sheff Utd (H) 

Dippers (A)

Wolves (H)

That three London derby's plus 5 games against the top seven. 

I would say anything but a win at Villa then 12 points from the Leicester, West Ham, Watford and Palace games and we won't finish top 4 and will have to hope for 5th place getting it for us. 

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can understand if people don't see Azpi as a leader, like Terry or Lampard (boy, were we spoilt for leaders in the past), but to constantly use that stick to beat him up is a total BS. Like you and @killer1257 have said, he was/has been arguably our most consistent player since 2013 and is one of the main reasons why we have won what we won during this period. To discredit him because he is not a big character or does not have the personality like Terry is farcical. There is a reason why Azpi has played consistently under different managers over the years. 

Yeah, Dave has been great. Will be regarded as one of the best FB's in the clubs history. 

1 minute ago, King Kante said:

Ours

City (H) 

Leicester (A)

West Ham (A) 

Watford (H) 

Palace (A) 

Sheff Utd (H) 

Dippers (A)

Wolves (H)

@Tomo might have something to say about Villa Park being our bogey ground. :lol: 

FRANK LAMPARD PRESS CONFERENCE AHEAD OF VILLA

Frank Lampard discusses 'huge talent’ Timo Werner and previews Sunday’s Match against Aston Villa, giving an update on injury news and how the run in will be similar to tournament football.

‘There are big things at stake in this game. There is a lot of work to be done. There is a lot of competition for the top four places. We are in that battle.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/videos/v/2020/06/19/lampard-on-timo-werner--aston-villa---john-terry---manager-s-pre-NBbWVGgd

3 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Yes, he's reaching the twilight of his career - disgraceful post against a fucking legend in the right back position. 

Why the fuck do you support the team if you have to slate everybody? Grow up or get a life whichever is easier 👍

Hahaha how did I disrespect Azpi? 

Look bro in terms of accomplishments or quality he is nowhere near Ivanovic and not sure even Bane is a legend. But Iva was at least leader. So no, Azpi is not  a leader and not a legend. Just solid squad player like Paulo Ferreira or Alonso. 

3 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Delate

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Hahaha how did I disrespect Azpi? 

Look bro in terms of accomplishments or quality he is nowhere near Ivanovic and not sure even Bane is a legend. But Iva was at least leader. So no, Azpi is not  a leader and not a legend. Just solid squad player like Paulo Ferreira or Alonso. 

We will have to agree to disagree 👍

Azpi has leadership qualities in my opinion.

He always looks positive 

He leaves everything on the pitch, every game 

Is rarely injured, so is always present

His team mates seem to like him 

Apart from you, I don't know any fans that don't respect or appreciate 'Dave'

As @Jason has said we have been spoilt in the past with some amazing once in a generation leaders. Dave might not be in their bracket, but he's not far away.

9 hours ago, King Kante said:

I do not see Utd dropping many points, there run in couldn't have been hand picked better. They have: 

Sheff Utd (H)

Norwich (A)

Brighton (A) 

B'mouth (H) 

Villa (A) 

Soton (H) 

Palace (A)

West Ham (H) 

Leicester (A) 

2 games against current top 7, 5 games against bottom 6.

Ours

City (H) 

Leicester (A)

West Ham (A) 

Watford (H) 

Palace (A) 

Sheff Utd (H) 

Dippers (A)

Wolves (H)

That three London derby's plus 5 games against the top seven. 

I would say anything but a win at Villa then 12 points from the Leicester, West Ham, Watford and Palace games and we won't finish top 4 and will have to hope for 5th place getting it for us. 

Yeah, Dave has been great. Will be regarded as one of the best FB's in the clubs history. 

Honestly, just because on paper it looks easy or hard doesn't make it so.

Sheff Utd will get something at Utd I'm sure of it.

We can beat City 

Our game against the bin dippers will be largely irrelevant to them as they will have sealed the title by then and Klopp likes to tinker - so I do fully expect a weakened team. Also if it's us and Utd aiming for Top4 - there's no way they will want Utd to get in - their perfect season is winning the league and Utd missing out on CL.

Have faith 👍

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Accomplishments in terms of what? If we're talking trophies, then both have won everything there is to win at the club, except for the Champions League in Azpi's case.

Quality? At their best, both Ivanovic and Azpi are great defensively. Ivanovic may have scored more goals but then again, he is center back while Azpi is a full back. Going forward from open play, both are not that good to say the least. 

Azpi...a SQUAD PLAYER when he has consistently been in the XI every week, under 4 different permanent managers over 7 years? Okay, now you're just taking the piss...