• Jorginho
    • Mount
    • Barkley
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Considering the number of times you have talked up that Ajax win, you sure seem to be implying that. 

That might actually carry more merit but that being said, the constant overselling the good B-tier teams from you is maddening to say the least. I know we are not near being the best right now but we used to measure ourselves against the very best sides but now, performances/results against the good B-tier sides are being talked up like a 1000 times, like some sort of grand achievement. <_< 

I only "bring it up" because of the amount of times it's implied there's zero signs of something good from Lampard and that's one of the games that strongly support my side of the argument.

And if we had the old guard in their prime I would agree very few games should/would be looked at as "some grand achievement", but when you're trying to build a team to eventually challenge for the major trophies, for example Billy Gilmour was raved over after Grimsby but had that been Jorginho he obviously wouldn't have been.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I only "bring it up" because of the amount of times it's implied there's zero signs of something good from Lampard and that's one of the games that strongly support my side of the argument.

And if we had the old guard in their prime I would agree very few games should/would be looked at as "some grand achievement", but when you're trying to build a team to eventually challenge for the major trophies, for example Billy Gilmour was raved over after Grimsby but had that been Jorginho he obviously wouldn't have been.

You cherry pick all the time and backtrack more than a Tory MP. You have recently said and it certainly sounded that you were contented with dominating possession against Arsenal and running Liverpool and City close. No mention of the wretched performances against West Ham, Newcastle, Southampton, Brighton, Everton a fucking injury ravaged  Bournemouth. If it wasn't for the sendings off against Ajax we wouldn't be playing tomorrow and we were lucky to draw against Valencia.

The negatives have far outweighed the positives recently  but at least we dominated against 10 men you're words verbatim. Everyone wants Lampard and the team to do well but they deserve criticism if things are going badly and I'm certainly not a fence sitter and will continue to post negative replies when they are warranted and not something as wishy washy as at least we gave Man City and Liverpool a good game

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The raving over Gilmour's performance against Grimsby didn't go on for months (or even days) though. Yes, we are building a team for the future (it's still a team with more experienced players than young players) but even then, we should still be measuring ourselves against the best, not against the likes of Wolves, Ajax etc even if victories over them are nice.

19 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

You cherry pick all the time and backtrack more than a Tory MP. 

Since Sarri has come in (ie since we commited to changing our style so drastically) i have consistently said that it will take time to bare fruit properly, and it was going to be a few years until we were challenging for the league again, maybe you should have adapted your expectations to a more realistic level at that point aswell. It will be the beginning of next season minimum my expectations will be back at "title challenge" because we are trying to shift our style/personnel at the same time two of the best ever PL sides are at the absolute peak of their powers. To demand/expect any form of title challenge under these circumstances is moronic, didn't we use to laugh at Liverpool fans for unrealistic expectations?

I could just about get over your "win or we're shit, no grey areas" mindset if we had the old guard in their prime, but even the most demanding Real Madrid fans would probably have a little bit more understanding than you if they were rebuilding in play style while bringing through homegrown talent and alongside that Barca and Atleti were 100 point level teams. Your expectations given the squad we have are just simply far too high.

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

The raving over Gilmour's performance against Grimsby didn't go on for months (or even days) though. 

Probably because he's not constantly called every name under the sun while people say there's no signs of a top player there. Had that happened I imagine that performance would be getting referred to quite regularly (like Mount's August-September performances are repeatedly brought up not just by me and I think even sometimes by you because of the moronic abuse he was getting in some quarters in winter time).

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Liverpool, the team that's likely to become the best team in PL history

Only pool loving media and their fans will claim such a thing ( not saying you are one ), the League is piss poor all over and var has given them 18pts plus so far. They would never do this in the 00's. Arsenal's best team, udt's and ours would have taken them to the cleaners.

59 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Only loving pool media and their fans will claim such a thing, the League is piss poor all over and var has given them 18pts plus so far. They would never do this in the 00's. Arsenal's best team, udt's and ours would have taken them to the cleaners.

They're on course for 110/112 points.

I hate them as much as the next Chelsea fan but you cannot argue those type of figures.

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

They're on course for 110/112 points.

I hate them as much as the next Chelsea fan but you cannot argue those type of figures.

When you have such a team with such a manager surrounded by average rivals, getting helped left right and center then no wonder. They are not as all mighty as the media would have us believe.

18 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

When you have such a team with such a manager surrounded by average rivals, getting helped left right and center then no wonder. They are not as all mighty as the media would have us believe.

Still one draw so far..that's it. They only lost one game last season. Yeah didnt win it but still. Havent exactly dropped away. 2 champions league finals in a row. Dont get me wrong dislike the team but they're here to stay. Didnt think City be losing games here and there!

Plus in terms of VAR I dont think theyve done that great. Beginning of Feb they were level with us in terms of decisions and all. Obviously that has probably now changed but dont think by much. Certain team in red however.....

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Probably because he's not constantly called every name under the sun while people say there's no signs of a top player there. Had that happened I imagine that performance would be getting referred to quite regularly (like Mount's August-September performances are repeatedly brought up not just by me and I think even sometimes by you because of the moronic abuse he was getting in some quarters in winter time).

You're missing the point. I have no issues with you pointing out the good performances against the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Spurs etc but against Ajax (or Wolves or similar clubs), yeah, that I have issue with. :rant:

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Still one draw so far..that's it. They only lost one game last season. Yeah didnt win it but still. Havent exactly dropped away. 2 champions league finals in a row. Dont get me wrong dislike the team but they're here to stay. Didnt think City be losing games here and there!

Plus in terms of VAR I dont think theyve done that great. Beginning of Feb they were level with us in terms of decisions and all. Obviously that has probably now changed but dont think by much. Certain team in red however.....

Klopp cant fuck off soon enough, without him they are half the team. YEs they are good but the best of epl ever? Nahh I cant agree to that Layla. Both them and manu have benifited greatly so far.

I hope FL goes 343 vs BM, contain them, dont let them breath. Im already nervous but they can def be had.

30 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Klopp cant fuck off soon enough, without him they are half the team. YEs they are good but the best of epl ever? Nahh I cant agree to that Layla. Both them and manu have benifited greatly so far.

I hope FL goes 343 vs BM, contain them, dont let them breath. Im already nervous but they can def be had.

I actually think that would be the worst formation to play against them, Salah and Mane take maximum advantage of the space in-between the wingbacks and centre backs.

Apart from Conte, I can't think of anyone else that has played that formation Vs Liverpool and made it work.

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Omg this is just our 3rd knockout CL game in the last 4 years!

I missed big CL nights :wub:

Come on Chelsea! Let's destroy Bavarians!!! 

Need to win one sooner or later, haven't done since PSG 2014.

I just really hope we can make some memories in this year's CL.

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I actually think that would be the worst formation to play against them, Salah and Mane take maximum advantage of the space in-between the wingbacks and centre backs.

Apart from Conte, I can't think of anyone else that has played that formation Vs Liverpool and made it work.

No mate I meant vs Bayern.