Hakim Ziyech

Jase

Chelsea-bound star slams ‘bullshit’ Eredivisie decision

https://www.football365.com/news/hakim-ziyech-ajax-eredivisie-cancelled-chelsea

Future Chelsea signing Hakim Ziyech has slammed the Dutch Football Federation’s decision to cancel the Eredivisie season and not name a champion.

The Eredivisie became the first major European football league to end its season because of the global pandemic on Friday.

In addition to champion being named, promotion and relegation to and from the top flight will not take place for next season.

The decision not to crown an overall winner seems fair, with Ajax leading AZ Alkmaar on goal difference after both having played 25 games. But winger Ziyech, who will leave for Chelsea this summer, clearly disagrees.

“Come on, what nonsense I have heard?” Ziyech said to AD.

“We are at the top anyway. All those stories that AZ deserved more because they defeated us twice. So the goal difference, as it always is, doesn’t count now?

“Bullshit, of course. How did PSV become champion in 2007? Exactly, on one goal.

“That we are not official champions, well. Of course, I would also have preferred to have won the title on the field, but if you have to choose one club as champion, that is Ajax to me.

“That would have been my closing in style. As it is now, you do not want it to end. But over a longer period of time, I will cherish my best memories.

“And then, of course, that brings up last season. The championship, but especially our journey in the Champions League, how we amazed the whole world with our game. It all fit.

“That not only gives me a special feeling for all the players, but I think it will last forever. We left something at Ajax. And for me, it is now time for something new.”

snip

Hakim Ziyech says he will be a Chelsea player on July 1 as planned

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11978576/hakim-ziyech-says-he-will-be-a-chelsea-player-on-july-1-as-planned

Hakim Ziyech says he will be a Chelsea player as planned on July 1 and is not concerned his move to Stamford Bridge could be impacted by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

The 27-year-old signed a five-year deal ahead of his move to west London this summer after Chelsea agreed a £33.3m fee with Ajax for the attacking midfielder in February.

snip

It will be interesting to see how Ziyech adapts to the league and where we are going to play him exactly. From looking at the squad projects going forward you would imagine he will play RWF in a 433. 

At this moment in time I am fairly happy with him but I would say his floor and ceiling are pretty high/low. For me, things I am really looking forward to from him are; 

Set pieces 

Ability to assist 

Excellent passing range

Things that concern me; 

Physicality - not sure if he will be able to take the rough stuff coming his way. For every Hazard there are two Reyes and whilst I am not too concerned here because of his confidence, you cannot tell until they have been thrown in the deep end. 

Shooting - he shoots from everywhere and anywhere. This is something I feel he is going to have to stop and become more selective with. I am happy that we will have someone that can/will shoot from distance but some of his shots are just ridiculous. If he does too many ridiculous shots he will not get away with like he does in the Dutch league as ball retention is much more important in the PL owing to the quality of the teams. 

Stamina - As with all players coming from lower quality leagues were they are the premier skill players there are some questions over his ability to keep up. 

Overall I think he will be a very good player for us and I think the concerns I have will not be that bad/an issue. However, I do think he may take a little time to adapt to the requirements of the league.

The main question I have is where he will play. 

He is by far best as CAM with free role, so he can spray passes and shoots. He is certainly not that great to have this free role here like Eden had. And secondly, we dont play with CAM. 

So are we going to shift him on wing? Which brings another question. Is it going to work on wing given he isnt quick at all?

I think he is not going to be a standout player here. For 30m its no brainer, but thats it. I absolutely dont like players like Cesc or Ozil. They make nice statistics but they become mentaly weak turds in and tactical liability against any bigger opponent. KDB or Modric are proper creative midfielders.

Yep, Im not too keen on Ziyech before he even played a game here. But dont get me wrong, he has all the time to prove himself in blue shirt. He is now a blue.

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

He is by far best as CAM with free role, so he can spray passes and shoots. He is certainly not that great to have this free role here like Eden had. And secondly, we dont play with CAM. 

We have? 

12 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

So are we going to shift him on wing? Which brings another question. Is it going to work on wing given he isnt quick at all?

I think he is not going to be a standout player here. For 30m its no brainer, but thats it. I absolutely dont like players like Cesc or Ozil. They make nice statistics but they become mentaly weak turds in and tactical liability against any bigger opponent. KDB or Modric are proper creative midfielders.

Yep, Im not too keen on Ziyech before he even played a game here. But dont get me wrong, he has all the time to prove himself in blue shirt. He is now a blue.

could not disagree more about Cesc, he is one of the greatest MFers in EPL history

and of course we do play at times with a CAM

no clue what you are on about

13 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Ziyech has already prooved to be a big game player. His performaces in the CL are the reason we went for him. 

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We have? 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

could not disagree more about Cesc, he is one of the greatest MFers in EPL history

and of course we do play at times with a CAM

no clue what you are on about

When Jorgi, Kova, Kante are fit we usualy play them, so the only way Ziyech could play there are the wings. Just because Lamps changed tactics because we had injuries it doesnt mean that is now suddenly our usual formation. Hence you said at times. You need to pick one formation and stick to it and I think it will be 4:3:3

Cesc was great during his Arsenal time. After that he became limited. When he had space and time he had absolutely superb vision and long passing which racked plenty of assists during our title season. And he had prime Matic next to him who covered defensive duties and ran around to accomodate Cesc. But when under pressure he couldnt do anything. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Ziyech has already prooved to be a big game player. His performaces in the CL are the reason we went for him. 

So did Tadic and he was nothing special in Southampton before. 

On 4/28/2020 at 9:44 AM, BlueLyon said:

I think it is pretty obvious that Ziyech will play as right winger or am. He is more of a creator then a winger. Kinda like hmm, Coutinho for pool or Messi for Barca. 

17 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

So did Tadic and he was nothing special in Southampton before. 

Personally, always felt that Tadic was a stand out performer in his time at The Saints. I was surprised then that he was playing at that level .

Ziyech might not be the quickest but you guys make him look like a sloth like Alonso, Mata or Fabregas. He is not rapid but he is above average pace for an EPL player overall I would say. Just look at him running past players in Eredivisie for fun. Also for a young fit guy there are still some possibilities to increase athleticism with plyometrics and other forms of explosive weight lifting

10 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Ziyech might not be the quickest but you guys make him look like a sloth like Alonso, Mata or Fabregas. He is not rapid but he is above average pace for an EPL player overall I would say. Just look at him running past players in Eredivisie for fun. Also for a young fit guy there are still some possibilities to increase athleticism with plyometrics and other forms of explosive weight lifting

well, he isn't that young, he turns 28yo 3/4ers of the way through next season, so if he is going to put on speed he damn well better be working on it now

9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Why do people care about his speed anyway? Have any of you seen how his playing style actually looks like? He is a different kind of winger. Not a classical CR7 type of winger

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

No issue for me. B. Silva and D.Silva are also slow and are/were top players in the PL.

17 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Why do people care about his speed anyway? Have any of you seen how his playing style actually looks like? He is a different kind of winger. Not a classical CR7 type of winger

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I think people are worried because of the makeup of the squad rather than due to Ziyech per se. At the moment, we have a lot of small/slight technical players which is one of the main reasons we get easily overpowered at times. The squad as a whole is lacking in size and pace so it is not illogical for people wanting to see nee signings bring this to the table. 

For instance who in the squad is actually quick? I would say CHO, Tomori and maybe Zouma and that is about it. James gets mentioned a lot but he isn't actually that fast. 

5 hours ago, King Kante said:

For instance who in the squad is actually quick? I would say CHO, Tomori and maybe Zouma and that is about it. James gets mentioned a lot but he isn't actually that fast. 

Funny you did not mention two fastest players in the squad Pulisic and Willian (CHO said this).

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Funny you did not mention two fastest players in the squad Pulisic and Willian (CHO said this).

Tomori is the fastest player on the squad. All the other players have said so. CHO and Pulisic included.