Hakim Ziyech

Jase

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Told you not to worry, always seemed nothing but a formality the way the two clubs announced things the other week.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

This is ridiculous. 

Ajax acting like proud parent who sent kid to college :doh:

They probably are just accepting of their situation, it's better to be that than be bitter about a player moving onto bigger things like Liverpool were when they lost Torres and Sterling.

If more clubs accepted their position on the football food chain the way Ajax do things would be a lot easier.

If I was a young talent, I'd love to join Ajax knowing how good they are with their youth and how they won't stand in your way when you want to make that step to the next level. Ajax knows their place in world football right now, they aren't delusional. If Eredivisie ever becomes more competitive league again in the future, things will change and they will not act this way anymore.

He will improve our creativity, but Im just waiting for the inevitable pointing that he is not athletic enough, much like Jorginho.

I may be realy wrong here, but the board just doesnt get it these days. You need to be a hard worker and dynamic in the first place to succeed in PL, then focus on the qualities. Ziyech can make a pass and he will solve our set pieces but thats about it. Cant defend, doesnt have tacical requirements and lacks athletic abilities.

Then again people loved Cesc here for his assists, yet we were never an elite side with him because he was at fault for getting our midfield overrun by any big team, so in a way it might work like that with Ziyech too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So let me get this straight, with the Dutch league ending he’s free to join us in July, but won’t be eligible to play until the new season starts? Which is looking to be late this year or early next year? 

What a crock of shit. Best case scenario he isn’t playing competitive football for nearly 10 months! Surely this is grounds for legal action? A year of his playing career is being thrown away. 

52 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So let me get this straight, with the Dutch league ending he’s free to join us in July, but won’t be eligible to play until the new season starts? Which is looking to be late this year or early next year? 

What a crock of shit. Best case scenario he isn’t playing competitive football for nearly 10 months! Surely this is grounds for legal action? A year of his playing career is being thrown away. 

It is fair. He is not registered for this season. Imagine Newcastle buy tomorrow 10 players for 500m and can play them all last 9 games of the season? 

Also it is more than likely he will play here earlier than in Netherlands.

If I understood, you think this season will continue in June but next season wont start till end of the year? This season has to end by August 3rd and next season will start like 2 weeks later.

Bundesliga starts again in two weeks.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

If I understood, you think this season will continue in June but next season wont start till end of the year? This season has to end by August 3rd and next season will start like 2 weeks later.

Bundesliga starts again in two weeks.

And I will tell you again, the Premier league has rejected any notion from UEFA regarding the league ending as it is. It will be pushed back as far as it needs to be for it to finish, which is looking like September now from recent reports. 

That said, Ziyech and every new signing from the Dutch league will be in limbo for months. 

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Imagine Newcastle buy tomorrow 10 players for 500m and can play them all last 9 games of the season? 

I know you're only taking hypothetically but I can't help but cringe when people think Newcastle would be able to just spend hundreds of millions like nobody's business and that players will just line up to join them...

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know you're only taking hypothetically but I can't help but cringe when people think Newcastle would be able to just spend hundreds of millions like nobody's business and that players will just line up to join them...

I personally don't. First FFP is still a thing. And secondly top players won't want to go there. Maybe some of them for crazy money like James Rodriguez or Cavani... 

9 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'm probably missing something here but if the season goes beyond June and we lose Pedro and Willian for games we would have otherwise had them available for surely we could find a loophole somewhere to get Hakim playing in games post July 1st?