Hakim Ziyech

Jase

Where does this leave Pulisic? a player i rate very highly, i don't want to see him discarded.

Also for that matter what about Mount, i rate him also, probably needs at least next season to find his true form.

As for Ziyech i know very little of him other than seeing him in our 2 games against Ajax.

17 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Where does this leave Pulisic? a player i rate very highly, i don't want to see him discarded.

Also for that matter what about Mount, i rate him also, probably needs at least next season to find his true form.

As for Ziyech i know very little of him other than seeing him in our 2 games against Ajax.

Ziyech is brought in to replace Pedro/Willian...

Lampard on Ziyech...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/02/14/frank-lampard-outlines-the-qualities-that-hakim-ziyech-will-brin?cardIndex=0-0

‘I know his qualities,’ said our head coach. ‘He’s a player we hope can bring creativity. He first came to my attention watching him play in Ajax’s Champions League run last year and I thought he was one of their standout players, particularly in the games against Tottenham.’

‘This season, we’ve come up against him twice so I know a lot about him,’ added the boss. ‘He has a great left foot, plays generally off the right-hand side but can play in behind the frontman as well. When you look at us this season, there have been games where we’ve maybe struggled to unlock the door and he’s certainly a player who we hope can bring that bit of creativity.

‘He will be something different for us so we’re excited. I know he’s not coming in now but I think it’s exciting for us as a club and for the fans to know that he’ll be here next year.’

I must admit the more I think about this signing, read reports and opinions, watch clips, etc, the more excited I am of his arrival.

I know that we brought Fabregas to play a deeper role, but we never really replaced Mata with a creative presence higher up the pitch. Obviously Hazard was creative but it was in a different way most of the time with his ability to beat players and explosiveness. However we already saw on a number of occasions how lost we looked in previous seasons when Hazard wasn't playing or marked out of the game.

I think this season we create plenty of chances but I think Lampard can see sometimes the quality of those chances could be improved. I like what I read about Ziyech not being afraid of the hard pass or giving the ball away in the final third when trying to create. At times it will be frustrating but we have too many players when games are hard that play far too safe, especially at home. I can understand some of the younger players at times playing this way when the momentum is against us, but it's disappointing some of the more experienced players in the squad seem to do this too. I'd have no problem 2 or 3 things don't come off for Ziyech if the third or fourth one presents a great chance that other players would be either unwilling or unable to try to create.

Having someone with the personality and belief to create chances is exactly what we need in some of these tight games against deep defences. From what I have seen of him, if you give him any space around the box he'll shoot (given Lampard made a career out of not being afraid to shoot on sight, we don't have enough players in the squad prepared to "have a go") and if you attempt to close him down and offer space in behind he'll try to find a runner. It adds a completely different profile of player into our squad that we're currently lacking.

His technique and vision is stunning. Really excited. Not only that Hattrick of assists vs us but also crosses from deep, outside of the boot, blind and reverse passes. Great shot as well. Nice tekkers. I hope he quickly learns that we will not have that much time on the ball herr and how he can ride the slide tackles with his very slender frame

+maybe the defenders are just slow but he does beat a few of them with pace so maybe he is not such a slouch either.

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

What a upgrade on CAM position. Little Massy could never make these... 

He can play at Mount role but he is wide playmaker. He will play as RW often.

Mount role looks like second striker/shadow striker under Lampard.

Second striker/shadow striker: less pass, move off the ball, anticipation, aerial thread, shoot.

RLC is a update on Mount role. He'd perfect for the job.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:20 PM, Pizy said:

Wonder what's going on in Pedro and maybe Willian's heads right now seeing this signing. They both likely already know they're off. Hopefully Willian doesn't coast for the rest of the season. Probably finally go to Barca on a free.

Willian is probably above Pulisic and CHO in the pecking order.