Hakim Ziyech

Jase

Not at his imperious best but still put in a huge shift defensively. I always knew he is a genius but never known him to be this industrious. Let the press well. To think people thought of him like a one dimensional pass machine with no legs like fabregas. He might not be lightning fast but quick enough and has some engine

With Abraham and Giroud performing very well I think Werner will continue to play more as a LW. With Pulisic back to his last season form hopefully, it will be again a problem for CHO. I think he is also much better as LW.

So with moving from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 we kind of lack depth in number 8 position because Kante, Jorginho and Gilmour are all only for deeper role. I know Kante played there but is it worth it?

So I am thinking Ziyech can move to number 8 sometimes, he can definitely play that role and open RW spot for CHO/Pulisic.

Hakim Ziyech: Chelsea have to believe we can win the Premier League title

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/11/30/hakim-ziyech-chelseahave-believe-can-win-premier-league-title/

Hakim Ziyech has said that Chelsea’s players believe they can win the Premier League title this season.

Sunday’s goalless draw against Tottenham Hotspur left Chelsea two points off the top of the table after 10 games.

Frank Lampard, the Chelsea head coach, has consistently played down any talk of winning the title this season, despite Callum Hudson-Odoi and Mason Mount previously expressing their optimism.

And now summer signing Ziyech, who won the Eredivisie with Ajax, has confirmed that Lampard’s squad think they can sustain a Premier League challenge.

“Of course, you always have to believe in it,” said Ziyech. “It starts from believing in it and then working every day harder. But you have to believe it is possible and I think that is what we are doing. We believe it and at the end of the season we will see what we do.”

Other than embracing the pressure of trying to become champions, Ziyech is also happy to try to reach the standards set by Eden Hazard at Chelsea.

Despite a relatively quiet performance against Spurs, Ziyech has started his Chelsea career well and already earned comparisons with Hazard.

Rather than being daunted by the mention of Hazard, 27-year-old Morocco international Ziyech, who starts games on the right of a front three, wants to use the Belgian as inspiration.

“Eden is a world-class player,” said Ziyech. “You always take inspiration from that, how he plays the game and you always look at the small things, how he does stuff and I can learn a lot from him.”

Other than learning from Hazard, Ziyech believes he can improve from simply training and playing with team-mates such as Christian Pulisic, Timo Werner and Kai Havertz.

“Of course, that’s why you want to take a bigger step,” said Ziyech. “To challenge yourself with better players around you. That’s a good thing for every player.”

On his good start to life in the Premier League, which has included two goals and three assists in 10 appearances following his £33-million move from Ajax, Ziyech said: “I’m happy, I feel good. I feel at home and those things are the most important when you perform on the pitch. I always know what I’m capable of doing. I always trust in myself, I’m calm in my head. Peaceful. And all the other things will come by themselves.”

According to transfermarkt, the knee injury he had 2 months ago is his longest lasting injury. He has never had more than two minor injuries per season prior to 2018/19 season when he had 4 and missed 4 games throughout all competitions. Last season he has missed 6 games, 5 of which in 2020.

He doesn't look injury prone on paper but this is his 4th injury this year and has already been  injured for 71 days. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Did he always use to be this injury prone? Two injuries without impact and after being well-rested... smells a bit fishy

Pretty sure he took a kick or something along those lines for the first injury at Brighton. 

8 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Couple of weeks is quite long when you look at Pulisic's couple of week injury breaksemoji23.png 

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

And that we have a lots of games now in December. He missed almost half of season now when he will be back.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

If that's the case, then Ziyech and CHO should be back in the squad for the Christmas period games.

Just need to escape the Everton, Wolves and West Ham games unscathed...

Very annoying to miss out on him during this festive period