Hakim Ziyech

Jase

Willian is a very different player. The only thing they have in common is that both may roam on the right wing. It'd be as wrong comparing Ziyech Mount. (Mount has been doing Willian's job for us)

A more apt comparison, even if from the other side, would be Mata IMO.

Ziyech looks similar to Mata in terms of style of play, but with a much higher work rate, which will allow him to be influential in far more games, and tougher games at that. That has been my issue with Mata.

17 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Willian is a very different player. The only thing they have in common is that both may roam on the right wing. It'd be as wrong comparing Ziyech Mount. (Mount has been doing Willian's job for us)

Ziyech looks similar to Mata in terms of style of play, but with a much higher work rate, which will allow him to be influential in far more games, and tougher games at that. That has been my issue with Mata.

Ziyech and Willian may be different players but when it comes to level of productivity, there's no debate which one is better. Even Arsenal fans are already experiencing the same frustration we had with Willian.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ziyech and Willian may be different players but when it comes to level of productivity, there's no debate which one is better. Even Arsenal fans are already experiencing the same frustration we had with Willian.

Heh if they got Willian expecting goals and assists, that's on them (they can't read stats apparently). 

It's apples and oranges though as they have entirely different roles, even if same position.

When I hear criticism on Mount (Chelsea and esp England),  it makes me laugh. It's really good for the manager to have Mount as an option for the tougher matches.

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

I've said it a few times but I'd say Pedro was a more apt comparison (to Mount), could also explain why Lampard preferred Willian out of the two when Conte/Sarri opted for the Spaniard.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I've said it a few times but I'd say Pedro was a more apt comparison (to Mount), could also explain why Lampard preferred Willian out of the two when Conte/Sarri opted for the Spaniard.

I can see that. Pedro was more direct, like Mount is, which is showcased by his ability to score.
On the other hand, I thought Pedro's defensive work was only at the level of Willian's in very special circumstances.

Willian is very consistent in his defensive work. I'd say that it is his most obvious quality as he does not really have games where he's not tracking back, or not applying pressure to the opposition. His attacking deficiencies are well known though.

And I see that consistency in Mount too. This is a very important role in football. You need to have the option to close down channels in specific games, and Mount gives you that with the added benefit of his ability to score. Mount is a bit underrated esp by England fans.

Arsenal fans are on a whole new level of delusion, I mean they are simply obsessed with Ziyech, just have a look at their forums, it is like Ziyech knocked at the Emirates doors begging to be signed, but instead they got Pepe and Willian. Fucking hell this fanbase simply put I think it is worse than the Liverpool one and we all know it takes a lot to surpass that lot but Arse fans have managed to do it and the United fans with their delusions of grandeur are not far behind either. This Arsenal bellends make it sound like Ziyech had no other choice than to come here and it is somehow against nature's laws that he ain't an Arsenal players. Jesus...

On 11/10/2020 at 3:51 AM, robsblubot said:

Comparing Willian to Ziyech make little sense, other than both player are wide player, there is very little similarity in term of their strength and role in the team. 

If we have Fabregas and hazard on the team, i will take Willian over Ziyech but in this team, we need a creator, that is pretty much Ziyech. 

10 hours ago, communicate said:

Comparing Willian to Ziyech make little sense, other than both player are wide player, there is very little similarity in term of their strength and role in the team. 

If we have Fabregas and hazard on the team, i will take Willian over Ziyech but in this team, we need a creator, that is pretty much Ziyech. 

I'd take Malouda over Willian.