Hakim Ziyech

Jase

I know Havertz is starting to look really good, but it is interesting, I was having a chat with friends and I said despite more hype around Havertz, I reckon Ziyech will adjust quicker and I said people are not going to know what hit them and early days but he looks sensational. His left food is something else. He will be challenging KDB for assists I reckon. Really and truly the best assist of the match which will never be, beause Werner hit it wide was the lofted pass that Ziyech did for him. That deserved a goal and another assist for Ziyech. Top player. £32m or £33m, around there. Call that bargain of the season.

1 minute ago, Stats said:

I know Havertz is starting to look really good, but it is interesting, I was having a chat with friends and I said despite more hype around Havertz, I reckon Ziyech will adjust quicker

TBF, Ziyech has the "benefit" of being in his best years while Havertz is still in that developing age. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

TBF, Ziyech has the "benefit" of being in his best years while Havertz is still in that developing age. 

Yep, part of reason why I thought Ziyech would adjust quicker. I think he went underappreciated tbh. I have seen him for Ajax against top teams and thought wow.  Eredivisie or not but topping assists charts for 4 seasons is magnificent. 

15 hours ago, Alabama said:

To think we have Willian all this years on the flank...

I was always a fan of Willian despite his lack of goals/assists, however what frustrated me was that after that 1 game he had against Fulham (worst team in the league at the time) where he made 2 assists, all pundits were stating what were we thinking letting him go. Since that he has not produced 1 goal or 1 assist and his performances have been absolute shit. I think pundits are forgetting that if we kept him, we would have had to offer him a three year deal. Actually Souness and others were saying we should have. I don't know what planet they are on but giving a 32 year old a three year contract where he would of wanted huge wages, is just not feasible. Who is he getting ahead of? Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech? None of them. I would love to see their angle on this now.

7 minutes ago, Stats said:

I was always a fan of Willian despite his lack of goals/assists, however what frustrated me was that after that 1 game he had against Fulham (worst team in the league at the time) where he made 1 assists, all pundits were stating what were we thinking letting him go. Since that he has not produced 1 goal or 1 assist and his performances have been absolute shit. I think pundits are forgetting that if we kept him, we would have had to offer him a three year deal. Actually Souness and others were saying we should have. I don't know what planet they are on but giving a 32 year old a three year contract where he would of wanted huge wages, is just not feasible. Who is he getting ahead of? Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech? None of them. I would love to see their angle on this now.

Though am  not a fan of Willian but to me he is good player meant for club like Southampton or Everton you cant be competing for titles with Willian on your flank....his lack of end products frustrates the shit out of me...

7 hours ago, Stats said:

I was always a fan of Willian despite his lack of goals/assists, however what frustrated me was that after that 1 game he had against Fulham (worst team in the league at the time) where he made 1 assists, all pundits were stating what were we thinking letting him go. Since that he has not produced 1 goal or 1 assist and his performances have been absolute shit. I think pundits are forgetting that if we kept him, we would have had to offer him a three year deal. Actually Souness and others were saying we should have. I don't know what planet they are on but giving a 32 year old a three year contract where he would of wanted huge wages, is just not feasible. Who is he getting ahead of? Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech? None of them. I would love to see their angle on this now.

The behaviour from Arsenal fans was truly bizzare, they acted like they took prime Hazard off us and DT even implied both Willian and Luiz forced their way out of here to them like it was a German club to Bayern situation :drunk:

It's the equivalent of us in the early 00's getting Kanu (when he was winding down) on a free while Arsenal got Samuel Eto'o, imagine gloating about that :lol:

Is there a way we can clone Ziyech and put him in central midfield? 

Was just watching the highlights again and it's quite noticeable how quickly he looked to the move ball, how he always looked to play forward passes and pick out runners. It's quite a contrast to the slow, boring, pedestrian passing that we some times saw this season and a lot last season. Need more of the same from the others as well. 

6 minutes ago, Stats said:

He has been hauled off again today and seems a lot of their fans are getting really frustrated with him. Although I always liked him, it seems a bit of de-ja-vu of lack of end product. 

They were warned but they didn't want to listen. :lol: