Kenyon rules out January buys

SSN

Kenyon rules out January buys

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has revealed the club have no plans to do any business when the transfer window reopens.

Kenyon insists Blues boss Luiz Felipe Scolari is happy with the squad at his disposal and is not seeking any new additions.

Kenyon admits the only prospect of Chelsea entering the transfer market in January will be if they pick up injuries to key players.

When asked if the club would be making any signings in January, Kenyon told Sky Sports News: "Absolutely not."

"It's our intention at the start of the season to put our squad together for the rest of the season so I don't see us being active in the January market.

"I think where we are at the moment I don't think there is a need and unless that changes through events I don't think we look at January as being a time that we would go in unless it is to cover injuries or something of that nature."

Kenyon says Scolari is happy with the club's decision not to bring in any more players when the transfer window reopens.

"I think he is very on board," added Kenyon. "I think he is delighted with the opportunity of joining Chelsea and what he has seen is a club very well structured and that has got immense depth of talent.

"He was party to what we bought in terms of Deco, Bosingwa who obviously is a great addition; we brought in Mineiro until the end of the season in order to cover some injuries we have got.

"I think that has given him confidence that he has got enough cover.

"He is absolutely on the same page in terms of (a) the aspirations of Chelsea and (B) what we have got in order to achieve those."

I thought we would have at least looked at another striker.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But in an away match at Anfield or Old Trafford, would you want di Santo starting up front alone, or the likes of Benzema? If we need a certain position to be filled in January, we should look to buy.

We don't always play difficult team week in, week out. The key players can be rested when we play small teams so they'll be fit for the big ones.

If we always look to buy, then there's no point recruiting youngsters with potential. We'll go outside and buy proven players anyway.

We play Manchester United and Liverpool away in January. I wouldn't want just one fit striker for those games, for example.

I don't think we should buy just because of that. We should try to find an old good striker and have him on loan for a few months. That way the youngsters would (hopefully) get chances, too.

But in an away match at Anfield or Old Trafford, would you want di Santo starting up front alone, or the likes of Benzema? If we need a certain position to be filled in January, we should look to buy.

Dude.....How good a predictor you are...forget the away match...we got exposed at home. The first 11 were shit. Too big a task for Sinclair and Di Santo to come on and change things agaisnt a title contender.

MISSED DIDIER THE FUCKING MOST!!!!!

Dude.....How good a predictor you are...forget the away match...we got exposed at home. The first 11 were shit. Too big a task for Sinclair and Di Santo to come on and change things agaisnt a title contender.

MISSED DIDIER THE FUCKING MOST!!!!!

Well I'm not doing too bad in the prediction league, so I'm not too bad at that particular game, I'll have you know ;) We had one bad performance today, get over it :)

Edited by BlueLion

No business in January, is he insane? We are a team that play with 2 wingers and we have no wingers ffs. Kalou and Malouda are inconsistant at the best of times but more times than often they are hopeless. Joe Cole is the only fairly consistant inger we have and hes not really a winger imo and he dont set the world alight. We will not win against the top teams with Malouda and Kalou as 2 of our 3 wingers, no chance. We created nothing today absolutely nothing and liverpool deserved to win. Our wingers are hopeless.

We need another striker also imo. We don't know if Drogba will be any good at all once he comes back (as inconsistent as he is) and Anelka has been nothing but shite.

We nearly got Robinho as a striker/winger but Real Madrid fucked us over :wank2:

Edited by Joe Cool

No business in January, is he insane? We are a team that play with 2 wingers and we have no wingers ffs. Kalou and Malouda are inconsistant at the best of times but more times than often they are hopeless. Joe Cole is the only fairly consistant inger we have and hes not really a winger imo and he dont set the world alight. We will not win against the top teams with Malouda and Kalou as 2 of our 3 wingers, no chance. We created nothing today absolutely nothing and liverpool deserved to win. Our wingers are hopeless.

You say this, and by doing so echo the opinions of many. However, when Kalou next scores, people will be labelling him as brilliant. I wish people would show some backbone, and be gracious in defeat and admit we were second best. Doesn't matter if their goal was a fluke, there have been times where we have won 1-0 when we have no deserved to, especially when it occurs thanks to improbable goals.

totally agree with bluelion.

malouda and kahlou are a complete and utter farce, they were at the top of my list to get rid of with the other driftwood that we got shot of.

did you see the pair of cunts particularly malouda against hull, alright i know kahlou only came on as sub but even that was to much for me........................so for fuck sake phil get rid of 'em in january.

i think i know what malouda is supposed tp be doing, a bit more than he does, but can someone please tell what the fuck kahlou is supposed to offer, he obviously aint a winger, and he aint no striker, all i ever see him do is lose possession in important positions, the man is a complete klutz

nah! for me the quicker we get shot of the pair of them the better, and bring in 2 wingers or at least give scotty sinclair a chance and joey cole although not a winger at least he can beat a man, oh and bring in another striker.

regards:JBD (must change me handle)

Edited by josesbluediamonds