Tariq Lamptey

MoroccanBlue

14 minutes ago, Mana said:

Lamptey has performed well for Brighton since he signed. Bossed Arsenal last season, and you saw how he did against us last week.

You say it's too early, but that's how it starts. When we sold de Bruyne, we didn't know that he was going to be WC as he is today.

Ofcourse it's too early this time last year people were moaning we signed Pulisic because we had CHO and Madrid got Jovic for the same price.

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

I didn't say right now it feels like a KdB situation. All I'm saying is RJ has to deliver this season in order to not feel that way later on.

Okay. still a big difference if this ever happens though. 

Not aimed at you this but the obvious belief you have that Tariq will maximise his potential one way or another is the same many members had about Reece James before he had kicked a ball for us with many saying he was better than Wan Bissaka when he was loosely linked with us. 

Also when Palace tried to buy Reece in that summer it would of been seen as a travesty if we sold him and were to go with Tariq as a back up.  Cant please everyone. Cant play everyone either, having 3 RBs in a squad where two are younger and the others your club captain would never have worked either. 

I do agree though Reece needs to kick on. He was very poor defensively vs Brighton I felt and his goal as well as other attacking play papered over that. But still has plenty of time and looks like he’s starting again today. 

Well, I agree with those, who say it's to early to judge; Yeah, he looks great, but just to remind, not a long time ago this board was all over in fire for guy named Leon Bailey being better than Hazard. Anyone remembers he still exists, lol? It's always sad to let the talent go, but no one knows all the 'what ifs'. Would he be so engaged spending another year as member of loan army? We don't know. Would he be as good if he played in better team? We don't know. Will he hold this level of performance for more than half of season? We don't know.

He'd be wasted staying in U23 and playing two carobao matches here and he knew it. Also I don't think it's as easy as taking talents from youth team and putting them in first team – they are just not up to par from the go.

Last moments of Sarri, CHO and Ruben we'd take over M'bappe any moment, but time showed it was just a flash. What's up with Lamptey time will tell, but I think it's too early to kick over the board for letting him go, given he wanted to go anyway.

Lamptey is a great wingback but I would not want him over Reece or Azpi as right back tbh. Also people would bang on about how tiny he is when he inevitably got bullied by average-size wingers. RJ completely shut down Sane who is very strong for his size himself such that he moved into the middle for easier prey in Christensen. If we had a left-footed RJ in place of Alonso, we never concede the first. Also we have Lawrence and Sterling in the u23 who are very highly rated as well. Hence, I am not at all bitter about his departure.

15 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Lamptey is a great wingback but I would not want him over Reece or Azpi as right back tbh. Also people would bang on about how tiny he is when he inevitably got bullied by average-size wingers. RJ completely shut down Sane who is very strong for his size himself such that he moved into the middle for easier prey in Christensen. If we had a left-footed RJ in place of Alonso, we never concede the first. Also we have Lawrence and Sterling in the u23 who are very highly rated as well. Hence, I am not at all bitter about his departure.

Dujon Sterling is 21yo in a month (October 24th), he better start to show something soon (next 2 years) or he will be perma loan-bait, or a sale for £5m to £7m or so. He does have great size (1.86m) and pace.

Dujon Sterling: A contender to become Chelsea's future as a relentless  wing-back | Goal.com

Tariq Lamptey finally breaks his silence after sealing £3m transfer that Chelsea could regret

The young right-back left Chelsea for £3m in the January transfer window and has slotted in to the Brighton & Hove Albion side quicker than expected

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/tariq-lamptey-latest-chelsea-news-19003113

Tariq Lamptey has already exceeded expectations since leaving Chelsea in January.

With Cesar Azpilicueta and Reece James blocking his path in the first-team at Stamford Bridge, the right-back sealed a £3m to Brighton and Hove Albion at the beginning of the year - a decision that the Blues may live to regret.

And for the first time since the move, Lamptey has opened up on why he opted to leave Frank Lampard's side.

"I had been there from a really young age so it was not an easy decision to make but you get to a point where you look at what the best thing is for your career and you speak to your family members and the people around you who help you and how you can take your game to the next level and how you can improve," Lamptey told the Telegraph.

"As I person I am a really ambitious boy. I am not one to sit back and rest on my laurels.

"I want to keep going and keep driving forward so I felt it was the right time for me to make the move and come to a club like Brighton which hopefully can give me the opportunity to develop into the player I know I can be."

snip

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He's a bit like Saka at Arsenal. 

Can play as a full back, but his strengths scream as a winger. 

yes, great comparison

their versatility may fuck them for a spell, as they never get a chance (Lamptey less so as he is playing mostly at RB) to settle in at one position

On 29/10/2020 at 6:50 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

He's a bit like Saka at Arsenal. 

Can play as a full back, but his strengths scream as a winger. 

The solution in CFC academy football was Reece at RCB in a three with Tariq at RWB. In an era when CFC produced a lot of outstanding development sides, that 2018 group was the pick of the bunch. They brushed aside a really top Arsenal side, including Saka, over two games in the Youth Cup Final, then went to an even better ManU team who played really well on the day but were also brushed aside. The only blemish on that quadruple winning season was failing to turn up for the Youth League Final and being easily beaten by a good Barcelona team.

I'm not expecting ever to see a better CFC Youth side than that one.

Has been the standout fullback in the PL so far this season for me. Made the right move leaving here and tbf I think he should be very wary about moving somewhere after 1 season. If hes gonna play every week at Brighton and they remain in the PL a second full season would be hugely beneficial. He’s still young and will get the big move eventually. 

On 11/3/2020 at 7:30 PM, Fernando said:

So if Atletico, Bayern and Sevilla are after him, do we have a change of trying to get him back?

I don't think Chelsea handled his situation badly. Just that with Reece around, I don't think he will consider moving to Chelsea.