Tariq Lamptey

MoroccanBlue

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yes but Lamptey is a completely different type of RB compared to RJ. It would actually be a loss to sell him due to his interesting attributes.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

But if we're gonna commit to James, then we better commit to it. Don't tell me you think we should start rotating the defenders, which we already have massive problems with this season!

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Do they really though? Plus, it's also hard when there's James ahead of him. 

Post-match after Arsenal, Lampard said that Jody rated Tariq.

“I'd seen him when I was doing my coaching badges and you do a lot of hours with the academy and youth team,” Lampard said.“I saw him train a lot and I know he has a different dimension as a right-sided wing back.He has pace, low centre of gravity and can go by people. Of course he wants to work on his end product and all the last bits. My question to Jody when he came on was whether he had got the confidence and personality to deal with this, a tough game with responsibility to try and turn it. Jody said 'yeah, no problem'."

Maybe oversight from the club in allowing Lamptey into the last six months of his contract before offering one. 

Post-match after Arsenal, Lampard said that Jody rated Tariq.
“I'd seen him when I was doing my coaching badges and you do a lot of hours with the academy and youth team,” Lampard said.“I saw him train a lot and I know he has a different dimension as a right-sided wing back.He has pace, low centre of gravity and can go by people. Of course he wants to work on his end product and all the last bits. My question to Jody when he came on was whether he had got the confidence and personality to deal with this, a tough game with responsibility to try and turn it. Jody said 'yeah, no problem'."
Maybe oversight from the club in allowing Lamptey into the last six months of his contract before offering one. 
This is why we should not let him go. He has a completely different profile compared to our other FBs

But if we're gonna commit to James, then we better commit to it. Don't tell me you think we should start rotating the defenders, which we already have massive problems with this season!
I would not mind RJ starting 80% of the games and the rest of the games giving Lamptey a game time.
So Lamptey gets 10 PL next season+some cup games. That should be a good start for a 18 Year old RB to adjust to PL.

Just now, killer1257 said:

I would not mind RJ starting 80% of the games and the rest of the games giving Lamptey a game time.
So Lamptey gets 10 PL next season+some cup games. That should be a good start for a 18 Year old RB to adjust to PL.

It may be fine next season aka in the short term but as I said, Lamptey probably gave the long term more of a thought. 

It may be fine next season aka in the short term but as I said, Lamptey probably gave the long term more of a thought. 
Yes, long term wise we would get problems regardless and Lamptey would want to leave sooner or later.
I still would have loved having him here couple of more seasons.

A little bit gutting but when you're behind a generational talent who's already one of the top RB's in the league this can happen.

Hopefully we've activated a buy back clause in case we either revert to a back 3 or James is moved to a midfielder.

would have liked to have seen him play infront of RJ at times. overlapping and covering each other.if I was Lamptey I would welcome playing that role too..England are set at RB with so much depth.would have a better chance getting in as a RW. the writing was on the wall when Frank kept him at basically just 3rd choice RB.