Chelsea Women Thread

• 3 weeks later...

No, they will get the winner of the Bayern München/Rosengard tie. Either way it will arguably not as hard a test as Wolfsburg.

I am not much into women's footy but this Chelsea ladies side is the quickest, most cohesive and clinical women's team I have seen so far. Every time I see them they just look so much sharper than the opposition.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mana said:

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL HERE WE COME!!! 
Enjoyed watching the game. Was nervous in the 2nd half but well done to the ladies. Can’t wait for the final, hopefully the men will do the same.

The away goal rule will do that to you. 🙂 Some hate it but I love it. Adds an extra dimension to European football.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The away goal rule will do that to you. 🙂 Some hate it but I love it. Adds an extra dimension to European football.

every time i hear about the away goal rule i keep getting flashbacks of that Iniesta goal in 2009, fuck Ovrebo, i will never forgive him and UEFA for that scandal 🤬😡😖

26 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

every time i hear about the away goal rule i keep getting flashbacks of that Iniesta goal in 2009, fuck Ovrebo, i will never forgive him and UEFA for that scandal 🤬😡😖

I think the away goal rule is BS in the way it is applied. The team who have the 2nd leg away has the advantage that it has 120 mins to score the away goal if necessary.

49 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

next Sunday is the 12th anniversary of that shitshow

worst officiated game in post WWII European comp football

we got RAPED by that cunt Øvrebø

back on topic watched the re-live and can't help but see similarities in Kerr-Werner both very quick, great movement and runs, nice unselfish-passes but not so sharp finishing. Kerr is obviously a lot more clinical this season tho.

But the biggest individual issue i see with our ladies is Millie Bright. Her positioning as absolutely terrible. Worse than Zouma's. I have not seen a Chelsea match without her committing at least 3 absolutely terrible positioning errors. She frequently is found in no-mans land, jumps under headers and has been at fault for loads of goals conceded without her place in the team ever being in question. Can't really understand it. Will be a big gamble with her in defence vs Barca in the final. But at least this Chelsea team has sown it can outscore anyone and rightly play offensively. I think in womens football as long as it is played on full sized goals, teams who take a lot of shots will always be at an advantage.