Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Best prospects on the U23, U18, and Chelsea Youth squads as of August 2019

Vesper
Followers 0

TEENAGE KICKS: MARCEL LEWIS

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/03/24/teenage-kicks--marcel-lewis

Image result for TEENAGE KICKS: MARCEL LEWIS

In the latest part of our series looking at the upbringing of our Academy youngsters, midfielder Marcel Lewis talks Cambridge Academy, footballing idols and signing pro.

What’s your earliest memory of football?

My earliest memory is playing in a tournament when I was six for my local team Cambourne Rovers which we won.

Where did your footballing journey start?

My football journey definitely started when I signed for Cambridge United Academy. I progressed so much and I loved it there. I still keep in good contact with a few mates from there.

I have so many memories from Cambridge United, but the one that sticks to me the most is scoring at the stadium against Liverpool. I was playing two years up and it was a great moment.

How different is Chelsea Academy to Cambridge’s Academy?

It’s a lot different. The facilities are quality here, you have everything here for you to make your game even better. The quality of players here are unbelievable, training with them every day will only keep making me a better player myself.

snip

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Impresses each time I watch him.

That new keeper making his debut tonight looks promising, hopefully Lampard gives him a chance in a cup match.  

I have high hopes for Conor Gallagher. 

TEENAGE KICKS: BASHIR HUMPHREYS

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/07/18/teenage-kicks--bashir-humphreys?cardIndex=0-3

Teenage Kicks: Bashir Humphreys | Official Site | Chelsea Football ...

In the final part of our series looking at the upbringing of our Academy youngsters, defender Bashir Humphreys talks us through how he came to love football, his swimming days and playing for England.

What’s your earliest memory of playing football?

My earliest memory of playing football is from when I was seven years old. It was in 2010 - the World Cup year - and up until that point I had hated football. But my friend convinced me to give it a go after first getting me into Match Attax trading cards, which were very popular at the time. From then on, I started playing football at school and fell in love with it.

Where did you play your football before Chelsea?

I played for a few different clubs. I joined my first team Caversham AFC when I was nine. They were a local team who I played for until I was picked up by Reading, which was the closest Academy to me and I played for them until my Under-12s year when I got released.

For the next two years, I spent time at three different local clubs - Caversham Trents, Reading Pumas and Rotherfield, which carried me until the end of my Under-14s season when I first trialled at Chelsea.

Have you played in any other positions?

Throughout my life I have played predominantly in two positions; centre-back and central midfield. As a young player, I started off in midfield as I wanted to be involved in the game as much as possible. I enjoyed the defensive side of the game but I loved scoring goals as well. I have interchanged between the two positions throughout my life but since being at Chelsea I mainly play centre-back, which is my preference.

Did you have any idols?

As a youngster I looked up to Cristiano Ronaldo a lot. I used to sit at the computer watching videos of how to take knuckleball free-kicks like he did. I’d then go to the courts across the road and try my best to replicate it. I also admired Neymar a lot as he was a young player himself and he just looked like he was on the pitch having fun. He was fearless and brought a lot of flair and excitement to the game.

snip

more at the link

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

44bd13a1aa1d5e18b5ce79b19e1956db.png

‘Unreal, delight to watch’: Some Chelsea fans blown away by their teenager’s display for development squad

Chelsea fans praise Tino Livramento’s performance for the development squad

Chelsea’s development squad beat Leicester City on Friday night – and some of the club’s fans on Twitter were blown away by the performance of their rising teenage star Tino Livramento. 

The young Blues side edged out Leicester 2-1 at Kingsmeadow in the Premier League 2 fixture to leave them second in the table.

Myles Peart-Harris opened the scoring for Chelsea in the first-half and Henry Lawrence eventually netted the winner in the 88th minute for his side, but it was teammate Livramento who caught the eye.

Livramento assisted both goals with crosses into the penalty area and the defender has been one of the standout players at youth level so far this season for the club.

The 18-year-old is an attack-minded right-back that loves to fly forward into the final third, plus he’s got the end product to deliver into the box. 

Despite only turning 18 last month, the London-born full-back already looks one of the most promising talents in the development squad and surely senior manager Frank Lampard is aware of his talent. 

Reece James looks like he’s nailed down the senior right-back position for the long-term, but Livramento is definitely a name to keep an eye on this season given the way he’s performed in the past couple of months.

Here are some Blues fans discussing Livramento’s latest display: 

• 2 weeks later...
Livramento is pretty good. He reminds me of Sane, only a little bit slower

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Livramento is just too good. Far too good to still play just youth football. He can play RB, RM and RW. Livramento is a fast RJ with less physicality.
We produce so many crazy right backs from our youth. RJ, Lamptey, Sterling and Livramento. Back in the day Ola Aina.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

BIG TIME CHARLIE 

Chelsea wonderkid Charlie Webster, 16, has been labelled the ‘next Jadon Sancho’ and amazed Kevin De Bruyne in KDB Cup

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11593965/chelsea-charlie-webster-next-jadon-sancho/

Chelsea wonderkid Charlie Webster, 16, has been called the 'next Jadon  Sancho' and amazed Kevin De Bruyne in KDB Cup – The Sun – The Loppy

THE future's bright if you're a Chelsea fan.

The Blues were enjoying the emergence a number of youth products in their first team earlier this year before coronavirus turned the world upside down.

Tammy Abraham came of age last season, Reece James showed his mettle, Fikayo Tomori revealed his potential, and Billy Gilmour even had the hard-to-please Roy Keane singing his praises.

And now, there's another name you can add to the list of youngsters hoping to get their chance under Frank Lampard.

England's Charlie Webster, 16, is a rising star at Stamford Bridge, and is already wanted by Bundesliga giants Borussia Dortmund.

That's why he's been dubbed the 'next Jadon Sancho'.

MAKING AN IMPRESSION

Last year, at just 15, Webster had Manchester City playmaker Kevin De Bruyne wowed by his ability.

The setting was the prestigious KDB Cup - an international U15 tournament named after the Belgium ace - with the midfielder as the guest of honour.

Players from clubs including Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and PSG were on show - all desperate to impress.

It was Chelsea that ended up being victorious - beating Racing Genk on penalties after an exciting 2-2 draw.

Star of the show was Webster, and his performances didn't go unnoticed.

Blues starlet Webster has been called the 'next Jadon Sancho'

He was awarded player of the tournament - winning a golden ball, as well as a signed De Bruyne shirt.

One feels it could be the first of many awards headed Webster's way in the future.

A CULTURED MIDFIELDER

In similar vein to Billy Gilmour, Webster is a cultured midfielder - good on the ball and smart in possession.

However, unlike the Scot who prefers to dictate play from deep - Webster likes to get in the box and score goals.

He started playing football at the Pezzaz Street Soccer academy, which have bases in Wiltshire and Hampshire, before joining Chelsea in 2016 at the age of 12.

Coaches there believe he has a bright future in the game, and in the past Webster has spoken about his football dream.

"Obviously, it's to play for this brilliant club," he told a reporter at the KDB Cup after starring for the Blues.

Webster is a cultured midfielder, good on the ball and in possession

LEADING BY EXAMPLE

Webster's qualities have seen him earmarked as a leader.

Last year, he captained England's U16 team in a match against Republic of Ireland - scoring his first international goal.

He's also played for the Three Lions' U17s - coming off the bench in a 4-1 rout over the USA back in February.

And that was the same month Webster made his U18 Premier League debut for Chelsea against Southampton.

With Lampard giving the kids a go and with fixtures coming thick and fast this year, it might not be long before Webster gets the opportunity to impress at first team level.

Webster has captained England at U16 level

Webster might get his opportunity in the Chelsea first team under boss Frank Lampard

• Like 1

10e7782e9dd27c47afea51193880f9dc.png

Chelsea fans praise Marcel Lewis for his Under-23s performance

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/chelsea-fans-praise-marcel-lewis-for-his-under-23s-performance/

Chelsea’s Under-23s side recorded an emphatic victory over Manchester United on Friday afternoon – and some of the club’s fans on Twitter responded by praising their youngster Marcel Lewis for his individual performance.

The Blues are top of the Premier League 2 table over Christmas after dispatching Manchester United’s Under-23s team 6-1 at Kingsmeadow. 

Lewis (two), Timo Anjorin (two) Charlie Brown and 16-year-old Jude Soonsup-Bell were all on the scoresheet to cap a really impressive display from Andy Myers’ side.
Lewis opened the scoring in the opening couple of minutes with a first-time finish in the box after a pass was pulled back to him. 

The 19-year-old doubled his own tally with a superb strike in the second-half, as he produced a tidy turn in the penalty area and hit a low finish.

Despite the fact there are so many talented rising stars in the Chelsea youth team, English star Lewis is definitely someone make a big impression this season with the Under-23s. 

He is a highly-rated attacking midfielder that can play in a central role behind the striker or on the wing, and he’s been directly involved in eight goals in just 10 appearances this season. 

A selection of Blues fans on social media picked out Lewis as a real standout with his latest display: