23. Conor Gallagher

NikkiCFC

12 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Does anyone have the goal? Happy for the kid. I did not rate him based on his pre season, but I did not watch him in his last youth season to give a fair judgement on him.

I have watched Connor many times at various development levels, but have not seen him play for Charlton. I confess this is because I have never really believed that he is a Chelsea player in the making so he's not on my watchlist. Clearly there must be something to his game because he is enormously popular with coaches and teammates alike. I have never been able to recognise top-level quality in him however. My failing perhaps.

According to a report I read, his performances have been generally quiet apart from the goals. No idea if that's an accurate assessment or not.

24 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I have watched Connor many times at various development levels, but have not seen him play for Charlton. I confess this is because I have never really believed that he is a Chelsea player in the making so he's not on my watchlist. Clearly there must be something to his game because he is enormously popular with coaches and teammates alike. I have never been able to recognise top-level quality in him however. My failing perhaps.

According to a report I read, his performances have been generally quiet apart from the goals. No idea if that's an accurate assessment or not.

What type of midfielder is he mate? Can you compare him with someone? Is he box to box, or more of a attacking type? He already after 4 games scored more Championship goals than Lawis Baker in four seasons 😂 Did he always scored a lot of goals? 

7 minutes ago, Hannah said:

A friend of mine is a massive Charlton fan and he states that Conor has a natural talent for being in the right place at the right time.

Seems like a Thomas Müller strenght or at least that was something that Müller was famous for.

Called for England U20. Charlton fans call him Baby Beckham :D

I visit their forum and its amazing how many people are active there compered to TalkChelsea.

Some of the comments about Conor:

Gallagher has been absolutely superb. I thought he may have been a panic signing but good god, he is brilliant.

Going to be a great player and will play regularly in the Premier League. Getting him running into the box, goal scoring positions, especially at his age is invaluable, it’s a fantastic habit to have.

He works exceptionally hard out of possession and has great technique when in possession. His positioning needs work, but he is young, inexperienced and he makes up for it with his desire.

If he keeps this up Chelsea may recall him in January.

Has he got an Irish Granny?

His finish yesterday was something else, so calm and cool how many times have you seen seasoned premiership strikers fluff chances like that.

Wonderful game and never tired or gave up! Deserved his goal.

He is the Baby Beckham!

Absolute baller this lad!

Massively impressed. If he doesn't get distracted on the way, you can see him making it right through to the Chelsea first team, when you see his touch and class, combined with a decent workrate.

Reminds me a bit of Joe Cole in the way he plays.

He’s a cracker isn’t he.

POTY , nailed on!

He is so energetic as well! Never tires and chases down every ball. A real star.

I can't remember the last time I was so impressed by a 19 year old at Charlton. I agree, nailed on POTY if he continues as he is, imagine what a player he'll be with 100 games/experience under his belt.

This kid is something else.

Future England international if that's the standard he's at right now.

Gallaghers vision is just phenomenal.

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Called for England U20. Charlton fans call him Baby Beckham :D

I visit their forum and its amazing how many people are active there compered to TalkChelsea.

Some of the comments about Conor:

Gallagher has been absolutely superb. I thought he may have been a panic signing but good god, he is brilliant.

Going to be a great player and will play regularly in the Premier League. Getting him running into the box, goal scoring positions, especially at his age is invaluable, it’s a fantastic habit to have.

He works exceptionally hard out of possession and has great technique when in possession. His positioning needs work, but he is young, inexperienced and he makes up for it with his desire.

If he keeps this up Chelsea may recall him in January.

Has he got an Irish Granny?

His finish yesterday was something else, so calm and cool how many times have you seen seasoned premiership strikers fluff chances like that.

Wonderful game and never tired or gave up! Deserved his goal.

He is the Baby Beckham!

Absolute baller this lad!

Massively impressed. If he doesn't get distracted on the way, you can see him making it right through to the Chelsea first team, when you see his touch and class, combined with a decent workrate.

Reminds me a bit of Joe Cole in the way he plays.

He’s a cracker isn’t he.

POTY , nailed on!

He is so energetic as well! Never tires and chases down every ball. A real star.

I can't remember the last time I was so impressed by a 19 year old at Charlton. I agree, nailed on POTY if he continues as he is, imagine what a player he'll be with 100 games/experience under his belt.

This kid is something else.

Future England international if that's the standard he's at right now.

Gallaghers vision is just phenomenal.

He's got the younger days Beckham hair style lol 

• 4 weeks later...