Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Tomo
Followers 13

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Honestly, for a wingback and attacking super sub, I'd take Adama. 

His price was like 4 or 5 times bigger 18 months ago.

• Like 1
  • Replies 21.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Jase

• Blues Forever

• NikkiCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Sold Hazard, Aina, kalas, Luiz, Hector, Omeruo, Morata, Pasalic, Nathan for 204m Buying Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Chilwell, Thiago for 205m Spending 1m so far this window is great business

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Meh I'd rather get Maatsen back.

Maatsen might be something, we know what we will get with Emerson and it will end up with Alonso being number 1 until the season end.

The only thing I'd be concerned with bringing Maatsen back is how keen is Tuchel on him. Tuchel has at least talked up Emerson as someone he trusts could slot back in and "do a job".

Emerson is never going to be the long term answer, but at least if he was brought back for the rest of the season I think Tuchel will use him and rotate Alonso with him.

I think we have to accept that we'll struggle getting anything in January that upgrades on Alonso but we do really need an alternative there that Tuchel can use regularly if needed. I know CHO and Pulisic have played there now and again and Sarr could play at full back in a 4, but we do really need another proper wing back option on both sides.

Alonso isn't great, but a run down Alonso playing game after game for the rest of the season is going to be horrendous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 18/01/2022 at 18:49, OneMoSalah said:

No thanks.

His move to Madrid is proof that the grass isn’t always greener and ultimately, he is finished IMO.

Honestly think for the fee he cost and wages he’s on, he will struggle to get a top club move. I mean Coutinho is a reference for this sort of thing also although he somehow got a move to Bayern for 6 months and eventually only got out of Barca to go to Villa with a chance of a permanent move.

On 18/01/2022 at 18:53, Tomo said:

I'm sorry how anyone has come to the conclusion Hazard is a good idea is mindblowing.

Our forwards for all their flaws are more useful than 2022 Hazard, yes even Lukaku.

I've stated previously that if I had had Roman's money I would absolutely have tried to buy Chelsea and, if successful, would now be making all of the transfer decisions myself. Certainly I'd give the manager every opportunity to sell me on his preferred targets but, in the end, I would watch the player myself and decide myself. When it comes to the potential return of Eden Hazard however I would probably have to recuse myself. I'm too emotionally attached.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie
  • Like 1

Would keep an eye on Raheem Sterling's situation in City. Has 18 months on his deal and doesn't look like renewing

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Would keep an eye on Raheem Sterling's situation in City. Has 18 months on his deal and doesn't look like renewing

Only thing is with a player like Sterling, he gets a lot of goals for City but they constantly create a lot of opportunities each match. His timing and the amount of times he arrives in and around the 6 yard box in goalscoring positions from the wing is exceptional though. I don’t think it would be the same here, and whilst he has shown he can be a very creative player I don’t think we would be that interested due to the wages he’s on. 

It is a bit odd with his situation though, I mean hes been there since 2015, meaning that other than Fernandinho he, alongside KDB, is the longest serving member in their current squad. He seems to be in and out a lot in the last 18 months or so under Pep which is confusing for someone of his ability.

we need to purchase some good players, especially on the front, but why we don't have started to sell some deadwood yet? or also some who could be replaced in summer with better one? better to sold them a little at a time that try to do it in one.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Sterling has said in interviews before that he'd like to go and play abroad whilst he's still at the top level so I wouldn't be surprised if his contract runs down a bit more if that were to happen.

I can't see him going somewhere else in England directly from City.

• Like 1

We're being linked with Dylan Williams from Derby and apparently Rooney has confirmed they're in talks with a Premier League team today. 

Anyone know much about him?

18 year old left back.

10 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

We're being linked with Dylan Williams from Derby and apparently Rooney has confirmed they're in talks with a Premier League team today. 

Anyone know much about him?

18 year old left back.

Apparently we agreed a fee with Derby. Never heard of him.

Probably because he's only played for the U23's. 

Club in desperate need of a LB/LWB and the club are trolling us in signing a LB for the academy. 

Derby accept Chelsea bid for youngster

Chelsea have agreed a fee with Derby for young left back Dylan Williams.

Wayne Rooney said today the Rams had accepted a bid from an unnamed Premier League club for the 18-year-old.

24 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Derby accept Chelsea bid for youngster

Chelsea have agreed a fee with Derby for young left back Dylan Williams.

Wayne Rooney said today the Rams had accepted a bid from an unnamed Premier League club for the 18-year-old.

Looks like one of those punts we like to take on young players. Probably do 6 months in the academy and then go out on loan next year or we may even keep him at Derby. 

Crisis averted, lads. Kenedy and this kid are inbound to save our season. 😄👍🏼

Apparently we have had a bid accepted for the left back Dylan Williams from Derby. He is about to join the club in the next few days.

He is only 18 and probably a signing for the academy team rather than the senior squad.

Still, crazy fact after Williams signature:    Only now we have one single adult left back at the club across all teams (including u8 to u23) who is not injured and not named Alonso.

Edited by Magic Lamps

If we have yet another terrible result this weekend perhaps that’ll light a fire under the boards’ backsides? Especially as it will be against a side that’s chasing us.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we have yet another terrible result this weekend perhaps that’ll light a fire under the boards’ backsides? Especially as it will be against a side that’s chasing us.

The one thing I do not want to see is TT come under any kind of pressure.