Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub


Tomo
 Share
Followers 13

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It seems Wenger's "there's no value in January" observation has finally come true. None of the big clubs doing significant (or any) business this month. Even the ones who desperately need additions like Spuds/Arse/United aren't doing shit.

Problem with this is that many of these big clubs will surely be waiting on the same few top players and hoping they're the ones who can convince them to choose them. It'll be a battle between like a dozen clubs for Werner/Sancho/Chilwell etc.

Sancho - I think we might have an edge due to the Chelsea factor (him being a fan, has his close buddies at the club, likes London etc). 

Werner - Looking at the other big clubs out there, not sure who genuinely needs a striker. United perhaps but they are in such a mess. Werner would be foolish to choose them. (I WANT WERNER!)

Chilwell - City may be the only competition for this one and it might come down to who does the convincing better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sancho - I think we might have an edge due to the Chelsea factor (him being a fan, has his close buddies at the club, likes London etc). 

Werner - Looking at the other big clubs out there, not sure who genuinely needs a striker. United perhaps but they are in such a mess. Werner would be foolish to choose them. (I WANT WERNER!)

Chilwell - City may be the only competition for this one and it might come down to who does the convincing better. 

Can see United being after Chilwell as well. In fact, United's transfer targets are probably very close to ours. Striker, right sided attacker, and LB.

Luke Shaw is injured 95% of the time so it being United they'll of course target the current hot property British LB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pizy said:

Can see United being after Chilwell as well. In fact, United's transfer targets are probably very close to ours. Striker, right sided attacker, and LB.

Luke Shaw is injured 95% of the time so it being United they'll of course target the current hot property British LB.

True, although they do have Brandon Williams from their academy.

I supposed if we don't get Chilwell, then some here may get their wish in Grimaldo or Telles (although we haven't been linked with either of them).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Luke Shaw is injured 95% of the time so it being United they'll of course target the current hot property British LB.

Just like we wouldn't spend crazy money on RB because of Reece I'm sure United wouldn't do the same on LB because of Williams. He's very promising. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

I supposed if we don't get Chilwell, then some here may get their wish in Grimaldo or Telles (although we haven't been linked with either of them).

I think we'll get Chilwell but if not him Alaba over others any day. In the summer only one year left on his contract. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

Sky News saying Giroud is done £8.5 million ?

I saw it pop up in yellow box thing 

We're lucky Conte and Inter are desperate to deliver the title. Hopefully they want Pedro as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedro is suddenly in the plans. lol Great management from Lampard...
Probably says more about our transfer business during this window. I can't see us signing anyone other than a CF now.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite clear to me that Lampard was simply towing the party line.  He has said  in previous weeks we need to strengthen this window in the goals department and/or  creativity/attacking areas and that is still the case, especially as Giroud is off.  Even though he wasn't really used.  If no one was coming, he would say that. 

A striker or a good number 10 could be on the way, possibly Lemar on loan if targets are just not available until the summer

The one thing i do take from his presser is a CB is not joining.  

 

If managers dont want a striker, or a Cb, or a winger, they would say so.  Wen asked about Dembele he'd have said "im not looking for a striker this window" 

"no big news today or tomorrow, nothing imminent"  suggests work is being done

Just sit back and see what happens

Link to post
Share on other sites

But it's interesting how Frank gave different responses when asked about Zaha and Dembele. He could say about Dembele the same line "he's a player of another club and I don't want to talk about it"... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

But it's interesting how Frank gave different responses when asked about Zaha and Dembele. He could say about Dembele the same line "he's a player of another club and I don't want to talk about it"... 

I think he was just making the point that the media seem to think he is the main target,and the only target for striker. Whereas Frank said the media have simply overstated how much of a target he is.  ie. We know about him, but he isnt the main target like they claim

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe @manpe never mentioned the striker we should have signed :rant: :D

ERIK SORGA young Estonian striker with most impressive stats I have ever seen for such a young age :worship: just moved to US second division for 500k :noexpression::noexpression:

I'll keep my eyes on him. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
×
×
  • Create New...