Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub


Tomo
 Share
Followers 13

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

For the club, not for him.

This is the one downside of having such top class established option/options in one area, no one of any note will come to play squadie, look at all the strife Spurs go through trying to secure a Kane backup/alternative for example.

I can’t imagine a top class sportsman like Saul would be thinking to himself “nah, I’ll never play there.” I mean, that’s what reports say but I find it hard to believe.

Someone like him should be thinking he’s better than Kova (rightly or wrongly) and that he’ll fight his way into the XI. And tbf, if he did regain his best form he’d easily displace one of our midfielders. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Vesper

    3098

  • Jase

    2107

  • Blues Forever

    1140

  • NikkiCFC

    1128

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I can’t imagine a top class sportsman like Saul would be thinking to himself “nah, I’ll never play there.” I mean, that’s what reports say but I find it hard to believe.

Someone like him should be thinking he’s better than Kova (rightly or wrongly) and that he’ll fight his way into the XI. And tbf, if he did regain his best form he’d easily displace one of our midfielders. 

It's all well and good in theory but in reality players don't think like that, we benefitted from it when it came to Werner.

He will be competing against those three in not just quality level but he will be swimming against the tide in terms of the chemistry they have.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is strange because if Saul actually watched our midfielders they all lack something crucial. Kovacic and Kante with final third effectiveness and Jorginho defensive prowess. 

If Saul came back to form he'd be more complete out of all of them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It is strange because if Saul actually watched our midfielders they all lack something crucial. Kovacic and Kante with final third effectiveness and Jorginho defensive prowess. 

If Saul came back to form he'd be more complete out of all of them. 

He could have done a good job here. Really disappointed it did not materialise. He has no such glaring weaknesses and probably would have taken to the team like a fish tk water given the similarities of the styles 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What I don’t get, after selling Zouma for £25m, is why we aren’t going a bit closer to Sevilla’s valuation for Kounde? If he is that good and Tuchel wants him, it is disappointing. I know there is playing the game, I get that but still, its a bit of a strange one. The links and interest has been concrete for a while now. We played the game with Inter for Lukaku, but we wanted him to sign and were more than happy to pay Inter their valuation. I mean if we don’t offer the full release fee or even make another bid that is a bit closer to it, it gives me the impression there are some pretty conspicuous doubts on our side regarding him from other people at the club more than anything.

Edited by OneMoSalah
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

You realise the Milan now have three ex-Chelsea players, Tomori, Giroud, (got two goals last night) now Bakayoko.

Ziyech might end up there next year as well, depending how this year goes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Total outgoings from Chelsea this summer: 233

Total incoming from Chelsea this summer: 1

The club is basically printing money through sales and yet we’re super reluctant to spend on players the manager asks for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Total outgoings from Chelsea this summer: 233

Total incoming from Chelsea this summer: 1

The club is basically printing money through sales and yet we’re super reluctant to spend on players the manager asks for.

We don't know that for sure... its conjecture unless TT says it publicly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Where did you read that ? Surely just a portion 

How can Reading pay £110,000 a-week ? 

After his move to Kasimpasa:

Quote

Chelsea are paying more than £55,000-a-week to get Drinkwater away from the club at the very least.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/01/18/journalist-states-Chelsea-will-cover-vast-majority-of-drinkwaters-110000-a-week-wages-as-outcast-leaves-on-loan-to-kasimpasa/

Edited by Patrick Bamford
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not very impressed with apparently zero incomings besides Big Rom, but keeping fingers crossed for NO last minute panic buys tomorrow, hope the club has learned something from the past.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share
×
×
  • Create New...