Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Tomo
Followers 13

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

In normal conditions, I would be deligthed with Hakimi interest, but if we signed him, I'm will be worried about Reece development

TT is probably thinking of playing RJ in the RCB position and ideally we need proper cover for RJ in the wingback position anyway. If RJ is injured next season, we can't seriously expect Azpi to keep rolling out top performing season after season at his age.

Edited by DDA
  • Like 1
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Jase

• NikkiCFC

• Blues Forever

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Sold Hazard, Aina, kalas, Luiz, Hector, Omeruo, Morata, Pasalic, Nathan for 204m Buying Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Chilwell, Thiago for 205m Spending 1m so far this window is great business

Posted Images

I know James is young and can improve but at the moment with Hakimi here I do not see place for him in starting 11.

For RCB role Chris and Azpi should be ahead. For RWB Hakimi for sure and we can speak about CHO and Azpi...

James under Tuchel has 0g and 0a in CL and PL. He had some good moments like City away but overall he does not offer enough for that role. When he was moved to RCB he made mistakes after which we conceded goals against LC in both games. In CL final people praise his performance but if Sterling did not had terrible first touch on 2:21 on video below we would maybe concede a goal and James would be first one to blame.

When everyone was fit in both games against Real, Tuchel went with Chilwell-Rudi-Silva-Chris-Azpi back 5. Add Hakimi and new CB who unlike Zouma you can trust on multiple roles in back 3 and where does that leave Reece?

For example I think general impression was that CHO offers more for RWB role but Tuchel still preferred James which I am curious why. So imo he could have 2 players ahead of him for both positions. 

I like him much more as RB in back 4. Also MF role in 433 is his 2nd best position imo. So in Tuchel system he has to play his 3rd and 4th best position and at the moment we just have better options.

9 hours ago, King Kante said:

I think Henandez would be pulled all over the place in the PL. To be honest, Emerson, Ziyech and Giroud/Tammy would probably be wanted by Inter as well (especially if they start thinking of selling Martinez as well.) For me, Emerson and Ziyech in particular could grease the Hakimi wheels quite nicely. 

Main issue is the Chinese want cash only. They do not give a fuck about Inter long term. It's a typical Asian smash 'n grab. They will end up quickly destroying a team who was literally only 2 or 3 players (none of whom would have been ultra expensive) away from being top 3 to 5 in the planet. It's a fucking tragedy.

The Chinese are also going walkabout and pulling out of the new shared stadium with AC Milan from what I have seen.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Main issue is the Chinese want cash only. They do not give a fuck about Inter long term. It's a typical Asian smash 'n grab. They will end up quickly destroying a team who was literally only 2 or 3 players (none of whom would have been ultra expensive) away from being top 3 to 5 in the planet. It's a fucking tragedy.

The Chinese are also going walkabout and pulling out of the new shared stadium with AC Milan from what I have seen.

Maybe. However, they do still need to have some players. Emerson in particular is one where they may view him as a good investment. Buy now for £10m-£12m as he only has a year left, he isn't on mega money and he is of a level where he can help them continue to push for CL qualification. 

Then they can sell the year after. Fortunately for us, Emerson is quite a big part of the national team so he is still rated in Italy. Personally, I can see a situation where €60m+Emerson may appeal to them more than €70m-€75m cash for Hakimi from PSG.

Sounds like there’s finally some concrete movement with United and Sancho. That’ll probably get done soon.

So that’s probably it for any small hope we had for Haaland. 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Sounds like there’s finally some concrete movement with United and Sancho. That’ll probably get done soon.

Pay the 150 mil and get Haaland, no way they refuse Sancho or not.

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

While first team level is ofcourse a totally different ball game he elevated himself to star prospect in the first place playing RCB (to accommodate Lamptey and Sterling at wing back). As Azpi has shown down the years in that position you can still get forward and get crosses in playing there and the combination with Hakimi down that side would cause all ends of problems.

To add to that I think these height arguments are way overblown these days. First, Azpi is the same height as James and played this role on a high level for years now. James has a really good leap and won´t get bullied in physical duels also and imo he just lacks the energy and stamina for a wingback.

We aren´t exactly a tall side now, but I don´t remember us having any trouble because of that all season. There are not many top-teams with many tall players in their sides at the moment. This height-talk only came up when Mourinho completely lost the plot in that autumn.  

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I know James is young and can improve but at the moment with Hakimi here I do not see place for him in starting 11.

For RCB role Chris and Azpi should be ahead. For RWB Hakimi for sure and we can speak about CHO and Azpi...

James under Tuchel has 0g and 0a in CL and PL. He had some good moments like City away but overall he does not offer enough for that role. When he was moved to RCB he made mistakes after which we conceded goals against LC in both games. In CL final people praise his performance but if Sterling did not had terrible first touch on 2:21 on video below we would maybe concede a goal and James would be first one to blame.

When everyone was fit in both games against Real, Tuchel went with Chilwell-Rudi-Silva-Chris-Azpi back 5. Add Hakimi and new CB who unlike Zouma you can trust on multiple roles in back 3 and where does that leave Reece?

For example I think general impression was that CHO offers more for RWB role but Tuchel still preferred James which I am curious why. So imo he could have 2 players ahead of him for both positions. 

I like him much more as RB in back 4. Also MF role in 433 is his 2nd best position imo. So in Tuchel system he has to play his 3rd and 4th best position and at the moment we just have better options.

I don't see James staying at Chelsea if he's going to become a bit part player and moved around in different positions.

He's a bit of an odd one to judge at times and ooks better than he actually is. Good, natural striker of the ball into the box but far too often he's poor with his accuracy and his attacking stats are very telling. 

He might get better, but at the moment he's not doing enough.

51 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Sancho was always going to leave this summer though, so I don't think Chelsea's interest in Haaland has ever been dependent on Sancho staying.

If anything I think Sancho's departure getting confirmed might push Haaland himself to quietly hand in a transfer request too, not that it will change anything if Dortmund are still hell bent on him staying till next year. It will be up to the Marina & the club to present Dortmund with an offer they can't refuse.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Jas said:

It's kinda depressing that we have to rely on a bloody pandemic, a depressed market to be able to sign the best players around. Last year, it was Havertz, Werner etc. This year, we're trying it with Haaland. We don't seem to have a good standing when it comes to competing with other big sides and convincing players to join us, do we? 

who cares, it's like the old adage said, when there's blood on the street, buy!

In times like this is when the one with the money benefits and legacy gets created. 

In the end, history is written by the winners. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

In times like this is when the one with the money benefits and legacy gets created. 

YES!

YES!

9 minutes ago, Fernando said:

cannot rec this post enough

👊🏽

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Jype said:

Sancho was always going to leave this summer though, so I don't think Chelsea's interest in Haaland has ever been dependent on Sancho staying.

If anything I think Sancho's departure getting confirmed might push Haaland himself to quietly hand in a transfer request too, not that it will change anything if Dortmund are still hell bent on him staying till next year. It will be up to the Marina & the club to present Dortmund with an offer they can't refuse.

I just think that Dortmund’s supporters would riot if they sold both in the same window. There’s no chance they’d be able to make up for the production of their two best players. They’d basically be giving up on next season before it even begins.

13 hours ago, Jas said:

It's kinda depressing that we have to rely on a bloody pandemic, a depressed market to be able to sign the best players around. Last year, it was Havertz, Werner etc. This year, we're trying it with Haaland. We don't seem to have a good standing when it comes to competing with other big sides and convincing players to join us, do we? 

I don't find it depressing because I accept where we stand in terms of how big a club we are.

We're a big club, but we are not one of the real Euro superpowers in terms of history and massive support - Utd. Liverpool. Barca. R Madrid. Bayern and maybe Juve.

We're in the group a level below those mega clubs. 

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I just think that Dortmund’s supporters would riot if they sold both in the same window. There’s no chance they’d be able to make up for the production of their two best players. They’d basically be giving up on next season before it even begins.

Well we can give them some of our youth on loan. 

If they want to buy Tammy, but loan CHOI, and some other youth? Would they like Gilmour, Gallagher? 

Edited by Fernando

The real question, is it smart to spend big on a wing-back when we have way bigger holes in attack (RW/ST) and midfield?

Edited by milka
1 hour ago, chippy said:

I don't see James staying at Chelsea if he's going to become a bit part player and moved around in different positions.

He's a bit of an odd one to judge at times and ooks better than he actually is. Good, natural striker of the ball into the box but far too often he's poor with his accuracy and his attacking stats are very telling. 

He might get better, but at the moment he's not doing enough.

Oh here we go 😂

From what I remember watching Hakimi he was not anything impressive at Dortmund. Feel like he is inflated just like Moses and Alonso were during Conte first year at Chelsea.

Regardless that is a lot of money for a limited player. If the next coach doesn’t play 3-4-3, he basically becomes a useless player on the squad.

Edited by Clockwork
30 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Well we can give them some of our youth on loan. 

If they want to buy Tammy, but loan CHOI, and some other youth? Would they like Gilmour, Gallagher? 

Not sure replacing two of the best players in Europe with Tammy and CHO would appeal much to Dortmund. 😅

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

I disagree with the bolded bit, Barca would have been incredible even without Messi.

The national team of that era were pretty much Barca minus Messi and they won absolutely everything.

you have to go back to those late 80's/early-mid 90's AC Milan teams (still the best in history for my money) where you have the combo of best player on the planet (Marco van Basten) on a team with such a crazy good supporting cast like those Barca sides had

Ballon d'Or

it is just insane

and the best of the lot, the 1991–92 Gli invincibili AC Milan side (undefeated in Serie A, and 58 straight games with no loss 1991-93), was banned from the CL because of that 'lights go out' game v Marseille the year before

c752d89ab8127fe818d736bb90c51a9a.png34fb750f45240bc132daaddfb1d6005c.pngb0b27d2f2c7dd691ef99ede11ffd307d.png

• Thanks 2