Tomo
Followers 13

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Jason said:

May or may not be related to Mertens but Napoli have signed a striker from SPAL. 

It's not. He's going to stay in SPAL till the end of the season. 

But still I don't understand Napoli. 

They have Lozano on the bench plus they bought Politano. With Insigne and Callejon they are stuck up front. Season is over for them. They can't reach top4. I would rather take 8m if I was them. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Whether the names mentioned are short-term and crap is another matter....this is the new face of Chels, its the same story, same script, same character, just different manager.

The irony of moaning when the club make short term signings/sign average players and then also moaning when the club don't make make short term signings. 

• Like 3

Dries Mertens wants to sign for the Blues but the discussions between the two clubs are moving slowly.

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia is leading the pursuit for Mertens and is considering making a better offer of €10m on Friday to secure the signing.

[ESPN]

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:
Atletico failed to meet PSG price for Cavani 20m? 
Why don't we try with 10m + Giroud? 

PSG aren't after another CF

If they lose Cavani they are. 

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2020/1/30/21114926/paris-saint-germain-list-olivier-giroud-as-potential-substitute-to-edinson-cavani-report

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Jason said:

The irony of moaning when the club make short term signings/sign average players and then also moaning when the club don't make make short term signings. 

As a fan base we are not stupid, we are not dumb. Its Jan, its hard to do Blockbuster signings. Just give us someone that can get us over the line so we can go to war summer time, theres nothing of the sorts. Plenty good player we can get this jan, we have holes all over, surely we should and could get a good player in. Flipping arsenal have brought in 2 defender cuz they know they are fucked there, to steady the ship. We have holes everywhere and doing not so good recently and there are zero movements.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, milka said:

Dries Mertens wants to sign for the Blues but the discussions between the two clubs are moving slowly.

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia is leading the pursuit for Mertens and is considering making a better offer of €10m on Friday to secure the signing.

[ESPN]

So many contrasting reports over this Mertens/Giroud situation.

You have ESPN, Matt Law saying we are still after Mertens (it'll basically go down to the wire) and then there is L'Equipe claiming Giroud will not be allowed to leave, which suggests we won't be signing an attacker.

:rant:

• Like 2
Just now, Atomiswave said:

As a fan base we are not stupid, we are not dumb. Its Jan, its hard to do Blockbuster signings. Just give us someone that can get us over the line so we can go to war summer time, theres nothing of the sorts. Plenty good player we can get this jan, we have holes all over, surely we should and could get a good player in. Flipping arsenal have brought in 2 defender cuz they know they are fucked there, to steady the ship. We have holes everywhere and doing not so good recently and there are zero movements.

Arsenal have signed 2 defenders? Who apart from Pablo Mari? 

And speaking of Pablo Mari, if we had signed him - a relatively unknown from Brazil - wouldn't people be going ballistic over the club signing yet another unknown/seemingly average player? 

• Like 1
And Giroud wants to go from one bench to another in aid of saving his Euro hopes?

C'mon now
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

And Giroud wants to go from one bench to another in aid of saving his Euro hopes?

C'mon now

The same could be about him going to Inter, Lazio TBF. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Arsenal have signed 2 defenders? Who apart from Pablo Mari? 

And speaking of Pablo Mari, if we had signed him - a relatively unknown from Brazil - wouldn't people be going ballistic over the club signing yet another unknown/seemingly average player? 

They also loaned Suarez from Southhampton

• Like 1
Just now, Jason said:

The same could be about him going to Inter, Lazio TBF. 

But PSG rotate a lot in Ligue1. Especially with CL back in focus. And they are already champions... So he would play a lot. 

But it's pointless since it's not happening. 

I think we will get Mertens. I see no interest for Napoli to keep him. Their season is over. 

Just now, Atomiswave said:

They also loaned Suarez from Southhampton

Soares, you mean? The deal isn't even confirmed. Even then, don't tell me you wouldn't be going mad if the club signed Soares, who is hardly wow? It's like us signing Drinkwater!

It should already tell you something when Arsenal, despite all their bad slump at the moment, had to "shop" from Flamengo & Southampton, Spurs had to look for players from the Eredivisie (players going to the Premier League from the Eredivisie don't exactly boast a great record of success) and get someone who fell behind Adel Taarabt in the pecking order at Benfica on a loan deal. It's just basically hard to sign someone quality in the January transfer window. 

As much as I'm frustrated that we aren't doing anything (or haven't done anything) in this window, I'm also not overly pissed either if means we stop wasting money on duds. I'd wait till the summer to see what the club have in store for the long term. We are definitely taking a risk here but I'd wait and see rather than going all miffed over the club not signing players for the short term. 

• Like 1