RB Salzburg 3-5 Chelsea

Jase

5 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

According to Twitter we'll be playing with 10 men :P

Jokes aside, I think the missing person from the XI is Pulisic since he's not on the bench

Yup, the club left Pulisic out of the starting XI and had 2 Abrahams - 1 in starting XI, 1 on the bench!

Nice starting XI. Let's se if Tammy can grab this opportunity to stake his claim.

Also hope to see Pulisic play as a more traditional winger than he did last match.

Nice to see Abraham is the choice of striker again. Would have preferred Mount over Barkley but both are doing well in pre-season so that competition can continue

It's good to remind myself that we have a load of quality players still injured. Because goddamn, that bench tonight is pretty shocking.

But with RLC, CHO, Reece, Kante, Willian, and Rüdiger all to come back we'll have fantastic depth for the first time in ages.

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

Not sure what do you mean by this? 

He was almost playing as a second striker and was tucked in centrally a lot. I want to see him stay wide where he can run at defenders and create lots of 1v1's. We need to stretch teams out with our wingers and fullbacks because otherwise it'll be Sarri-like all over again. Clogged middle area and slow, stagnant attack.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It's good to remind myself that we have a load of quality players still injured. Because goddamn, that bench tonight is pretty shocking.

But with RLC, CHO, Reece, Kante, Willian, and Rüdiger all to come back we'll have fantastic depth for the first time in ages.

My concern is midfield. Ruben won't be back for a while. Anything that we can get from him this season is bonus. We need to wait on kante. Otherwise like today, we don't have any cm on the bench at all. That is worrying

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He was almost playing as a second striker and was tucked in centrally a lot. I want to see him stay wide where he can run at defenders and create lots of 1v1's. We need to stretch teams out with our wingers and fullbacks because otherwise it'll be Sarri-like all over again. Clogged middle area and slow, stagnant attack.

I think that is the way lamp want to play. The two winger sit narrow most of the time. It has been the case since first pre season. 

1 minute ago, communicate said:

I think that is the way lamp want to play. The two winger sit narrow most of the time. It has been the case since first pre season. 

This is also why I think we could be seeing a lot of Mount/Barkley/RLC playing as wingers