Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Billy Gilmour


the wes
 Share
Followers 5

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm worried about him now, expectations have now become far too high. Soon as he hits as bad run of form the impatient crew who have systematically blasted Mason and Tammy will make this thread a

A 18 year old making his debut as a sub for 20 minutes and you're writing him off I've never heard something so ridiculous. How the fuck can someone be called ordinary when you've seen him play for 20

Posted Images

BILLY GILMOUR: FIRST, LAST AND ALWAYS

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/05/02/billy-gilmour-on-childhood-chelsea-kits--scottish-sitcoms-and-re?cardIndex=0-0

In our feature where we ask players to make selections based on their past, their recent choices and what crops up time and time again, Billy Gilmour tells us about getting his first Chelsea kit and the Scottish sitcom he recommends everybody watches...


First: What was the first football kit you ever wore?

It was a Chelsea strip when I was about five. I was a fan then because they had so many great players and were winning trophies.

Last: When was the last time you wore a football shirt of a team you weren’t playing for?

It was probably Andy Robertson’s Liverpool shirt when I swapped with him after the recent FA Cup game. I wear that sometimes at the moment, just out in the garden playing football.

Always: What is the best old football shirt you have kept?

I’ve always kept shirts and training gear from every season, from Boys Club to Rangers and now Chelsea. My mum keeps them safe in boxes in the loft at home.

Read - Gilmour exclusive: 'I was raging after my debut!'

First: What was the first movie you really liked growing up?

Grown Ups or Step Brothers.

Last: What was the last film or TV programme you watched?

I’ve been watching a lot at the moment – Power, Prison Break. The last one I actually watched was Peaky Blinders and the latest series has just come on Netflix so I’ll have to watch that.

Always: What have you watched most often in your life?

It’s probably Still Game, which is a Scottish comedy. It’s just a couple of old Scottish guys who are really funny. It’s on Netflix now but I’m not sure people will understand it!

 

snip

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why Chelsea teen Billy Gilmour wears a Liverpool shirt while playing football in the garden

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/why-chelsea-teen-billy-gilmour-wears-a-liverpool-shirt-in-the-garden-a4430146.html

It's a rare sight football fans never want to see: one of their own wearing a rival club's shirt.

Well, Chelsea fans - look away. Breakthrough star Billy Gilmour has revealed he is currently opting for a Liverpool shirt when practising in the garden.

speaking to Chelsea's official website, Gilmour was asked when he last wore the shirt of a team he wasn't playing for.

Gilmour responded: "It was probably Andy Robertson’s Liverpool shirt when I swapped with him after the recent FA Cup game. I wear that sometimes at the moment, just out in the garden playing football."

The 18-year-old - who despite his slight frame and minimal experience - has emerged as one of the club's more exciting prospects this season.

And with his performance against Liverpool a real defining moment for the youngster, this harmless act may just be excused.

A dominant 2-0 win put Chelsea in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, while Gilmour was named man of the match after an eyebrow-raising performance which earned him significant praise from a number of figures within the game.

snip

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

He is going to be a great footballer in the future. In England deep playmakers like him are not appreciated much but I see a bit of Verrati/Scholes in him. He can tackle, run, dribble, pass and most importantly he has total awareness of everything on the pitch. He knows if someone is trying to close him down from the side because he takes a little look before the ball gets to him and gives the ball to the free man or dribbles out of the press. 

He is a managers dream, a captain on the pitch the way he controls the match. I would give my left nut to make him a starter right away from now. Even next season with all the new signings, if we can get super intelligent players like Gilmour and Havertz on the pitch at the same time, it would be on par with Mancity's KDB and Silva level intelligence on the pitch. We would be able to control matches where the team is better than us and totally dominate matches where we are better than the opposition (we saw this against Liverpool and Everton when Gilmour starts)

Chelsea have a rare gem here. He's my favorite player at the club actually.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

He is going to be a great footballer in the future. In England deep playmakers like him are not appreciated much but I see a bit of Verrati/Scholes in him. He can tackle, run, dribble, pass and most importantly he has total awareness of everything on the pitch. He knows if someone is trying to close him down from the side because he takes a little look before the ball gets to him and gives the ball to the free man or dribbles out of the press. 

He is a managers dream, a captain on the pitch the way he controls the match. I would give my left nut to make him a starter right away from now. Even next season with all the new signings, if we can get super intelligent players like Gilmour and Havertz on the pitch at the same time, it would be on par with Mancity's KDB and Silva level intelligence on the pitch. 

Chelsea have a rare gem here. He's my favorite player at the club actually.

Verrati, who I LOVE is a great comparison

if he is even 3/4ers of that, we got a real gem

you could make a strong case that Marco Verratti was the best CMF in the world for THIS season (de Jong is the closest competition)

he has been magnificent for PSG, 

even better player Gilmour reminds me of a WEE bit (and now I am just getting silly, as we are now getting up to football gods level lolol)

Xavi

6a94cbb95dc19a0ce8611be639ab1b72.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Verrati, who I LOVE is a great comparison

if he is even 3/4ers of that, we got a real gem

you could make a strong case that Marco Verratti was the best CMF in the world for THIS season (de Jong is the closest competition)

he has been magnificent for PSG, 

even better player Gilmour reminds me of a WEE bit (and now I am just getting silly, as we are now getting up to football gods level lolol)

Xavi

6a94cbb95dc19a0ce8611be639ab1b72.jpg

Gilmour has a lot of xavi traits in him. The way he dribbles out of pressure is sublime, elegant and fantastic to watch. Defenders and footballers in general love to play beside people like this

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Billy with 2 goals today against QPR 

 

Screenshot_20200614-183228_Twitter.jpg

19 years old and already better than Jorginho.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Billy with 2 goals today against QPR. 

Screenshot_20200614-183228_Twitter.jpg

Who pulled out these stats :D 

90% aerial duels won sounds slightly unbelievable to me. The kid is like 5'6". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
90% aerial duels won sounds slightly unbelievable to me. The kid is like 5'6". 
Aerial stats are Definitely not true that's why I asked who posted this [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Aerial stats are Definitely not true that's why I asked who posted this emoji1.png

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk
 

It's obviously fake...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

Billy with 2 goals today against QPR. 

Screenshot_20200614-183228_Twitter.jpg

Who pulled out these stats :D 

As far as i'm concerned it should be him and Kova +1 for midfield positions (unless/until Billy has a bit of a rut then take him out the firing line for a bit).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

As far as i'm concerned it should be him and Kova +1 for midfield positions (unless/until Billy has a bit of a rut then take him out the firing line for a bit).

Exactly, we need him starting to continue his strong form which seems to influence the team as a whole against Everton and Liverpool. I would also want RLC to start but I dont know how fit he is since his injury so Mount should probable take the third midfield spot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jase changed the title to Billy Gilmour

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...