Billy Gilmour

the wes

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

neither are true cruncher DMF's like Rice so it is completely chalk and cheese (plus Rice can play CB as well)

Yeah, I suspect Rice, if brought, would primarily be used as a CB. If however, he does see himself as a full time DMF then it may be we won't need him as we do have Billy, Gallagher and Amapdu all in that position who are showing potential (whether they will be good enough is still up for debate.) 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

IF we are going to loan him for 6 months, QPR (obviously zero disruption city-wise) would be a place where he would get loads of minutes, they are fucked at DMF and CMF

Amos and Owens (Owens might be back in March or April, Amos is done until summer) are out with injuries, and they have only one CMF on the roster, Tom Carroll, perpetual bust, an ex Spuds youth whom Swansea terminated a contract with in January

QPR are a hot mess atm, so I have no idea if we want to toss him into that dumpster fire

9a5fa0232587f8e495f6e76451b0771e.png

EPL team-wise, Burnley really needs MFers, they have a shedload of dregs

Not sure if Dyche will want to play a teen though, he is a real cunt about going mostly with ageing, gooned up veterans, but damn, do they need help in MF, their 3 best, Cork, Westwood, and Dale Stephens, are all over 30, and trash thugs IMHO (I am biased, I have detested Burnley for years, so hope they go down finally) Not sure if Billy would be a good fit there though, they are hit n' hope cavemen, so little skilled build-up play.

No way would I send him to Burnley, they do not play in the right style. PL wise Brighton would be best for him and I also think Leeds would be a good shout, although I am not sure what their squad depths are like. If he cannot get a PL loan then send him to Spain as his technical qualities should fit in over there. At a push I would consider Ajax or something as they have Ropey League games but I am not really a fan of sending a boy of his ability to the Dutch League and I suspect Ajax have a number of their own youngsters that need minutes. 

On 12/9/2020 at 8:59 PM, Superblue_1986 said:

I was actually going to ask this question. If Kante were to get injured (heaven forbid), who would be people's preference to fill in for him?

Jorginho obviously has the experience, but I think Gilmour's mobility and tenacity would give him the edge for me.

Azpilicueta 

needs to perform better under pressure.He came into the team in those legendary 2 games last season and blown away everybody but tbh whenever there were expectations on him or we needed something specific from him in the game he has disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

Look at the quality and calmness Gilmour brings into the team when he came on. How people like Mount have been starting over him is a mystery to me.

We only create chances from the wingers/fullbacks because our midfield looks devoid of creativity and we have someone like Gilmour who is fantastic at passing between the lines not playing :doh: 

He is not the answer either. No matter who you put in our MF out there we cannot challenge top teams. There is no balance and we are week physically.

Every manager is going to have this problem. Assuming we buy Rice I think Rice-Kante in double pivot and Kai as AM is going to be our lineup but not sure even that would work.

We would use Gallagher and Barkley right now.

Billy should be starting over Mason. He has more talent and will become an absolute beast given the games to grow in. 

Some players you just have to throw into the fire and watch them rise above the flames. 

Billy is one of those players.

He has it all 

Question for those stating Gilmour is better than Mount, what exactly is this based on?

Gilmour's sample size is miniscule, and his best performances came as a Regista. Why are we comparing him to Mount, when the only time Gilmour has played in Mount's position, he looked utterly lost? 

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He is not the answer either. No matter who you put in our MF out there we cannot challenge top teams. There is no balance and we are week physically.

Every manager is going to have this problem. Assuming we buy Rice I think Rice-Kante in double pivot and Kai as AM is going to be our lineup but not sure even that would work.

We would use Gallagher and Barkley right now.

Rice-Kante double pivot please god no. Be back to the Mikel-David Luiz days. 

Also your talking about balance but yet mention Barkley and Gallagher who are more offensively minded players? Ok Gallagher maybe bit more rounded actually but still.. balance... Barkley? 

He looked good when he came on did Billy but the game was gone, City didnt have any real interest in getting out of third gear. Id like to see him play a bit more frequently though. Not instead of Mount but instead of Kovacic who still lets games pass him by far too easily. Hes really undoing the good work and performances he put in last season. 

• 1 month later...