Super Frank Thread

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I do wonder if we hadn't been in bad form going into yesterday's game, would Lampard have gone with the back 3/5 system? 

Also, given the kind of setup Lampard has been preferring for the front 3, you do wonder how will Sancho - if we do sign him - fit into all of this? He'll provide more attacking contribution than Willian but can he do the same thing defensively as Willian? 

Definitely something that needs to be considered. If people believe Sancho would just come in and Willian would be never seen from again they'd be mistaken. 

It's not a like for like change and in order to do this, there would likely need to be adjustments in other areas of the pitch namely behind them in midfield with either 3 in midfield, or a more defensive minded midfielder in to add protection, or if you play a back 5 then to have a more defensive wing back like Azpi as opposed to James.

The role Willian plays in the team at the moment is largely overlooked because he doesn't put up great stats from an offensive perspective, but he maintains the whole balance of the team with his defensive abilities. You can't just replace that with an out and out attacking option and not expect to look more vulnerable defensively.

One thing I love about Lampard right now is that he has giving certain players and up tick in the resales value. 

I'm still in the camp of sell zouma and get someone else.... Although he did good yesterday but I want to upgrade. 

The good thing with Lampard is that the price of zouma has gone up because of this season. That's amazing! 

I will also say that after yesterday game we can also get a decent price for Alonso as we can advertise that he is good as a wingback after yesterday performance. 

All in all Lampard has raise the value of many players and that's also a win for me. 

What do you think @Vesper:)

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

One thing I love about Lampard right now is that he has giving certain players and up tick in the resales value. 

I'm still in the camp of sell zouma and get someone else.... Although he did good yesterday but I want to upgrade. 

The good thing with Lampard is that the price of zouma has gone up because of this season. That's amazing! 

I will also say that after yesterday game we can also get a decent price for Alonso as we can advertise that he is good as a wingback after yesterday performance. 

All in all Lampard has raise the value of many players and that's also a win for me. 

What do you think @Vesper:)

I do not think we are going to sell Zouma this summer as we have too many other pressing needs and grabbing a truly WC CB is just too hard and too expensive atm

Romagnoli has just hired the cunt Mino Raiola as his agent, so that fucks that I am sure, and basically the top 10 teams on the planet are all going to go for Skriniar and probably Marquinhos

I see no links at all with us and Konate since February, when we scouted him (I must say, Leipzig perhaps would go for an AC plus cash deal, as AC was superb in the Bundesliga and he fits their playing style to a T, but I doubt the club/board/Lamps is thinking this at all, they appear all in for Ake)

that leaves only 2 left, the impossible-without-dangling-Kante Raphaël Varane (and maybe not even then) and finally José Giménez who has a 120m euro RC (£103m atm) which is out of our price range (and he has not looked the player he has been since Godin left)

I do think we are going to sell AC and buy Ake (basically a net wash or close in net spend)

I am not sure at all if we are buying Ben White (on loan at Leeds from Brighton) as £25m seems awfully high and he is 23 next season, and would be our 5th CB, so it isnt like we can just wait 3, 4 years for him to just sit with a really limited amount of playing time (barring injuries) I think that was all an internet rumour for now

A wild card play would be to try and swap Zouma plus cash for Caglar Söyüncü, but I have no idea if Leicester would go for that, and IF Leicester has CL (it would take a collapse for them not to) and we do not, then I doubt he would want to come atm anyway

so, barring some surprise

I would say our CB's for next season will be

Rudiger

Tomori

Ake

Zouma (unless we can hypnotise Leicester into swapping out Söyüncü or really roll the dice with Ben White, both of which are highly doubtful, as I think Lamps loves Zouma and will not give him up)

Marc Guehi (probably goes out on loan)

emergency backups will be Azpi and Reece

I think Tomori+Rudiger will be a solid pairing. I'm still not entirely convinced if we need a top CB in the summer. Not until I see how those two fair with each other. 

Zouma is a more than adequate back up option. Christensen is a lost cause. Still the same player he was 5 years ago. 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

But that's not Mourinho's fault according to Mourinho 😂

Its funny and ironic  though because Lampard was the benefit of Mourinho's anti youth stance. had Lampard been benched then we would have played KDB in midfield. 

8 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Its funny and ironic  though because Lampard was the benefit of Mourinho's anti youth stance. had Lampard been benched then we would have played KDB in midfield. 

What are you talking about? They weren't even competing for the same position. De Bruyne was primarily used as a RW at that point, with Lampard used as one of the two deepest midfielders in the pivot. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

What are you talking about? They weren't even competing for the same position. De Bruyne was primarily used as a RW at that point, with Lampard used as one of the two deepest midfielders in the pivot. 

Thats what I mean, KDB could have been tried as the CM, he played better in the middle. If Mou had been tactically flexible and actually incorporated him more into the team. There was a time when we had an injury crisis in midfield and Mou refused to play KdB in midfield. I think he played a defender in the game in mid if I am not mistaken. 

1 minute ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Thats what I mean, KDB could have been tried as the CM, he played better in the middle. If Mou had been tactically flexible and actually incorporated him more into the team.

It's all ifs and buts, with the benefit of hindsight. De Bruyne was never played in midfield until Guardiola at Man City and even then, he is not a deep lying midfielder. He had primarily played on the wings or as the No.10 before then.

5 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

There was a time when we had an injury crisis in midfield and Mou refused to play KdB in midfield. I think he played a defender in the game in mid if I am not mistaken. 

When was this exactly? 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's all ifs and buts, with the benefit of hindsight. De Bruyne was never played in midfield until Guardiola at Man City and even then, he is not a deep lying midfielder. He had primarily played on the wings or as the No.10 before then.

When was this exactly? 

Before we sold him in January. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10341933/Juan-Mata-move-and-half-time-tweaks-revive-Jose-Mourinhos-Chelsea-mojo.html  Around this time, we were struggling a bit and Mou froze out KDB and Mata, and after Van Ginkel injury https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/25/chelsea-david-luiz-juan-mata Mourinho started playing Luiz in midfield until we got Matic in January. And even then he continued to play Matic and Luiz in mid. 

t's all ifs and buts, with the benefit of hindsight. De Bruyne was never played in midfield until Guardiola at Man City and even then, he is not a deep lying midfielder. He had primarily played on the wings or as the No.10 before then.

I don't know when you started watching KDB, but he played at least 70% of the times at Bremen as a CM or OM.

Also,he played 70% of the time CM or OM at Wolfsburg. At Wolfsburg, he also played the Rest of the time as a winger and at Bremen he also played once in a while as a striker. He could have played the same role Cesc played for us easily. I have seen it many times.

He played a lot as a midfielder in Germany and I hate Mou for being so stupid not seeing the World class abilities of KDB.

I knew that he was the next big Thing in World Football. Fuck Mou.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I don't know when you started watching KDB, but he played at least 70% of the times at Bremen as a CM or OM.

Also,he played 70% of the time CM or OM at Wolfsburg. At Wolfsburg, he also played the Rest of the time as a winger and at Bremen he also played once in a while as a striker. He could have played the same role Cesc played for us easily. I have seen it many times.

He played a lot as a midfielder in Germany and I hate Mou for being so stupid not seeing the World class abilities of KDB.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Exactly, the role Cesc played could easily have been played by KdB and who knows we might have won that league titile that Man City won if we had actually kept KdB that season. In the 2nd half of the season we were struggling for creativity which ultimately cost us the league against the likes of Crystal Palace, West Ham. 

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Letting De Bruyne go was definitely a mistake, that we all agree. The situation was made worse by the fact that we didn't include a buy back clause (IIRC). 

6 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Lamps should have been benched more than he was in 2013/14

he was damn near 36

The De Bruyne sale with no buy-back was the single biggest fuck-up in the Roman era

it fucked us so so hard for the next 10 years or so and also helped make Shitty what they became

fuck Mou