Super Frank Thread

45 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Playing Conte‘s system while how many Conte players were on the pitch?

Don‘t get me wrong, I am the biggest Jose lover. But he is totally losing it. 

Super Frank totally schooled him and Mourinho couldn‘t do fxxk against it, he just watched on and the break didn‘t change it. Son is a clear red and the Spurs fans again showed why they are the low-life scum everybody knows. Loving the Jose meltdown and so happy about Frank‘s calm reaction. Mou just can‘t take it that he got fxxked by Lampard. So happy to have Lampard at the helm and no toxic and sore loser. Long may it last. 

Lampard has shown what he is capable of. How can anybody dislike this lad?

Now bring on Sancho!! Up the Chels!

Today is what happens when a young upcoming modern manager faces one who hasn't adapted with the times. 

Lampard vs Mourinho circa 2019 is the sideline version of bringing back 41 yo Carvalho to cope with Mbappe, only one winner.

33 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Today is what happens when a young upcoming modern manager faces one who hasn't adapted with the times. 

Lampard vs Mourinho circa 2019 is the sideline version of bringing back 41 yo Carvalho to cope with Mbappe, only one winner.

The strange/funny thing was how unprepared Mourinho & Spurs were for the back 3/5. This is a manager who is known for being meticulous, prepares for many possibilities etc. 

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

The strange/funny thing was how unprepared Mourinho & Spurs were for the back 3/5. This is a manager who is known for being meticulous, prepares for many possibilities etc. 

Not our worry. The broken ribs of Rüdiger won‘t hurt as much as Mourinho‘s hurt ego does. He just can‘t take it. Being on a high and getting beaten at home by a young, unproven manager. Love you Frank.

4 hours ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Not our worry. The broken ribs of Rüdiger won‘t hurt as much as Mourinho‘s hurt ego does. He just can‘t take it. Being on a high and getting beaten at home by a young, unproven manager. Love you Frank.

Rudi has broken ribs? 

Mourinho was suggesting that Tottenham didn’t lose because of Chelsea being very good since the goals were a result of individual mistakes and not a failure in tactics.

Those remarks and the Conte comments are just an attempt to undermine Lamps’ tactical plan and an attempt to discredit Frank’s tactics.

Well Jose, you can protect your gameplan as much as you want and perhaps you are partly right, but: you managed to produce one shot on goal at HOME in the 97th minute. Deal with it!

57 minutes ago, Tomo said:

When was the draw? Don't think he's faced Inter or Real yet since being there and we always beat his Porto side at home.

It must have been Benfica at The Dragao.

Think it's the 1-1 draw against Benfica when he was at União de Leiria in 2001/02 season.

7 hours ago, Henrique said:

Great game from Frank in a crucial game. But his biggest sin is called Mason Mount. This kid is no good.

Some of the recent criticism of Mount is justifiable to a degree (although I feel a little over the top) but Lampard got it spot on yesterday and Mount showed just how important he can be for the club.

Before the game I liked the idea of the 3-4-3 set up but would have preferred Pulisic or CHO today to be given licence to run at Aurier who looks like a more rash clone of Bosingwa. However it became clear as the game went on why Lampard picked the front 3 because they're the hardest working trio of attackers we've got and never stopped running the whole game, epitomised deep in injury time when Mount was busting a gut to offer a run for Batshuayi.

33 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Some of the recent criticism of Mount is justifiable to a degree (although I feel a little over the top) but Lampard got it spot on yesterday and Mount showed just how important he can be for the club.

I think Mount gives us the versatility while playing 3atb which is why he always gets the nod in that formation.

The two flanking the striker are more tucked in which suits Mason more and he also gives us the versatility to switch seemlessly between 343/352 depending on what's required at specific times of the match.

I feel Pulisic out was the right call aswell, after an excellent run of form he's started to revert back to his August form in the last few games and his impact has been minimul.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Before the game I liked the idea of the 3-4-3 set up but would have preferred Pulisic or CHO today to be given licence to run at Aurier who looks like a more rash clone of Bosingwa. However it became clear as the game went on why Lampard picked the front 3 because they're the hardest working trio of attackers we've got and never stopped running the whole game, epitomised deep in injury time when Mount was busting a gut to offer a run for Batshuayi.

I do wonder if we hadn't been in bad form going into yesterday's game, would Lampard have gone with the back 3/5 system? 

Also, given the kind of setup Lampard has been preferring for the front 3, you do wonder how will Sancho - if we do sign him - fit into all of this? He'll provide more attacking contribution than Willian but can he do the same thing defensively as Willian? 

28 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I feel Pulisic out was the right call aswell, after an excellent run of form he's started to revert back to his August form in the last few games and his impact has been minimul.

It was only in the Bournemouth game really. Still did well in the others, just missed the killer touch in the final third. 

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

It was only in the Bournemouth game really. Still did well in the others, just missed the killer touch in the final third. 

When I say last few games I meant league. He was still on point in the CL game but I think he's not been particularly great in the league since West Ham.