Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Super Frank Thread


Jas
 Share
Followers 9

Recommended Posts

 

 

 

PSG was always the wrong club for Tuchel. He needs a club with young players where he can implement his ideas and grow them. Not a bunch of primma donnas with massive egos and where the vast majority of control lies with an infamous technical director. Nagelsmann I rate.  I also rate Hassenhuttl. I think the technical ability he's instilled into his team, along with their positional sense (there is always a player open in space) is quality. 

They would have to be my preferred 3. 

 

Btw, he had many problems in BVB. He had an dispute with BVBs head scout about an transfer and they did not agree and Tuchel wanted him out. That guy scouted for instance kagawa and Lewy. He criticised Hummels in front of the media and that is when things turned against him. He did also not nominate Nuri Sahin in the German Cup, even though he was playing good before that and Reus and Schmelzer said publicly that. Schmelzer said that he does not understand Tuchels decision and the whole team stands behind Sahin. They actually won the German cup and they said that after the match.

Tuchel does not get the respect from players. Probably toxic environment and big players don't respect coaches like Mourinho, AVB, Nagelsmann and Tuchel because they never achieved anything as a player. Mbappe already made fun of Nagelsmann when they played against Leipzig,but he would have never made fun of Zidane, Lampard or Pirlo. I can guarantee you that.

 

So basically, Tuchel did not even do that well at BVB, but he was great at Mainz

 

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't actually believe how well coached we are. Puts it in further perspective when you see the garbage United and Arsenal are spewing. I love the fact Frank isn't so stubborn to try and do it

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at time

Our pressing game was superb, and made all the difference today! 4-3-3 with Mount and Havertz to harass opponents and Kante to sweep up behind...that's the way to go. And we have two bombing

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I still think Lampard as manager here is difficult to analyse. There's no doubt that he is still raw as a manager and at present we are suffering from a lack of experience on his behalf, like we did at times last season.

I do think there are some serious mitigating factors when you consider his time here started with taking on a job where we couldn't buy anybody, yet was losing our best player (and arguably the best player in the league during his tenure here) who had carried a pretty average looking side the year prior. It then led to a pandemic mid-season (and arguably just at a time when we were starting to hit a purple patch of form) which shut football down for months, to then have to contend with a restart with no fans and a number of Covid related considerations to training, preparation, etc. Despite spending some big money this summer, we've also had to try and bed in a number of new players with no pre season and hardly any time to work on that training aspect as we've been playing 3 times a week for most of the season.

I think all of the above is a lot for an experienced manager to handle, let alone one with a couple of years.

Not saying having an experienced manager is foolproof but at least an experienced manager has something to fall back on during tough times. Lampard doesn't have that. We have a somewhat inexperienced team but we also have an inexperienced manager. This is basically a case of the blind leading the blind.

19 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Ultimately I think the jury is out on Lampard. I think it is easy to forget the positives of his time here so far when we've had a really poor run of form. However, such a run (similar to patches last season) has to question his tactics and ability to get the best out of the players at his disposal. I think Werner and Havertz were brought originally with a different idea in mind for Lampard, but he's found a better overall balance with the 4-3-3 during the season which has come at the expense of Werner and Havertz in particular not being utilised in what would probably be their strongest positions.

That's just stupid, no? How can Lampard spend 100 million on new players to fit into his Plan A, only to suddenly change to Plan B and have no clue how to fit them in? What kind of planning is that!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's just stupid, no? How can Lampard spend 100 million on new players to fit into his Plan A, only to suddenly change to Plan B and have no clue how to fit them in? What kind of planning is that!?

I personally think that at the start of the season if everybody was fit, Lampard would have gone 4-2-3-1 with Werner central (Pulisic and Ziyech on the wings) and Havertz in the '10' role. In my opinion that is what he had in mind when making the signings.

We may end up going back to that idea, particularly given the poor run of form.

However I think after the early season struggles defensively, the 4-3-3 brought far more balance in both areas of the team and up to the Everton game I think the change was fully justified.

It questions Havertz role in the side, although I think pre-covid he had a couple of games playing in the midfield 3 and looked like he was coming along nicely. He can play that role in my opinion but needs the time to get used to the pace of the league. I think currently he'd be more suited to playing a '10' role if that was available to him simply because he'd have more freedom to drift and pick up space for himself to operate.

Werner is obviously struggling at present and like you and others, I think he should be playing centrally long term. However we were winning games well for a good stretch where he was playing left side and I don't think he was playing particularly poor. It's not necessarily his natural position but at the time Chilwell and Mount were operating a lot more efficiently on the left hand side which gave Werner more freedom to roam centrally. The creativity of Ziyech as a left footed right sided player also played to Werner's strengths of spotting runs from wide to central positions too. Obviously Ziyech being injured hasn't helped, but the likes of Chilwell and Mount haven't been performing as well in recent games either. Pulisic looks like he is starting to hit a bit of form finally after a start-stop season so far, and with CHO back and Ziyech pending, I'm hoping either Lampard plays Werner central or he gives him a couple of games from the bench and brings him on in the last half hour against a tiring team which may work best to getting his confidence back which is clearly shredded at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fernando said:

If making top 4 is all you worried, then no need to sack Lampard. We will make top 4 again. I have no doubt about that. 

But in the summer we should go for a better manager. Lampard done great with setting up a foundation that the next manager will exploit. 

Nahh nahh mate thats a huge risk to take. Are you willing to bet good money on us getting top4 this season with FL? I will def not thats for sure. This season we could easily easily miss out, more chance we miss out than the other way imo. I would take Allegry till come summer and then evaluate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I personally think that at the start of the season if everybody was fit, Lampard would have gone 4-2-3-1 with Werner central (Pulisic and Ziyech on the wings) and Havertz in the '10' role. In my opinion that is what he had in mind when making the signings.

We may end up going back to that idea, particularly given the poor run of form.

However I think after the early season struggles defensively, the 4-3-3 brought far more balance in both areas of the team and up to the Everton game I think the change was fully justified.

It questions Havertz role in the side, although I think pre-covid he had a couple of games playing in the midfield 3 and looked like he was coming along nicely. He can play that role in my opinion but needs the time to get used to the pace of the league. I think currently he'd be more suited to playing a '10' role if that was available to him simply because he'd have more freedom to drift and pick up space for himself to operate.

Werner is obviously struggling at present and like you and others, I think he should be playing centrally long term. However we were winning games well for a good stretch where he was playing left side and I don't think he was playing particularly poor. It's not necessarily his natural position but at the time Chilwell and Mount were operating a lot more efficiently on the left hand side which gave Werner more freedom to roam centrally. The creativity of Ziyech as a left footed right sided player also played to Werner's strengths of spotting runs from wide to central positions too. Obviously Ziyech being injured hasn't helped, but the likes of Chilwell and Mount haven't been performing as well in recent games either. Pulisic looks like he is starting to hit a bit of form finally after a start-stop season so far, and with CHO back and Ziyech pending, I'm hoping either Lampard plays Werner central or he gives him a couple of games from the bench and brings him on in the last half hour against a tiring team which may work best to getting his confidence back which is clearly shredded at the moment.

I'm not convinced for one second given Lampard has been making strange tactical decisions and has been playing square pegs in round hole. He went overboard with the chopping and changing last season but at least he was flexible. This season? He seems to hellbent to just stick with the 4-3-3 even after hitting a period where it's not quite working as well as before. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are 6th on 26 points after spending 200m on top quality players. 7 wins 5 draws 4 losses. Looks ok until you realise Villa and United have played less games than us and are above us. Tottenham, Man City and Southampton have played less games than us and will likely leapfrog us by the time they catch up. 

This is the tipping point of the season, for me he has to go and soon if we want to get any chance of making top 4 yet alone pushing for an improvement on last seasons position.

If it were any other manager and it would not be acceptable to be outside top 4 with these group of players and to also be sitting wondering how are we going to score goals or create chances. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, whats happening said:

can you guys imagine how will our play look with lampard against simeones defense. it will be a comedy show.

Yet many thought Atletico was a very good draw. Said it at the time they will have seen our game plan and tactics of fullbacks crossing and been happy as thats their bread and butter, going narrow and defending crosses. Yet many thought na we will be fine.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Nahh nahh mate thats a huge risk to take. Are you willing to bet good money on us getting top4 this season with FL? I will def not thats for sure. This season we could easily easily miss out, more chance we miss out than the other way imo. I would take Allegry till come summer and then evaluate.

Of course we will make top 4, I am willing to bet money. 

For crying out loud second place is only 3 points ahead of us, 3 points! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NikkiCFC said:

With this tempo we will finish the season with 60 points. What is the point to continue with him? 

I rate Tuchel but even I agree he's a gamble considering his history. No guarantees he'll have all the control he wants with us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fernando said:

Of course we will make top 4, I am willing to bet money. 

For crying out loud second place is only 3 points ahead of us, 3 points! 

Yeah those 3pts look mighty difficult for us though dont they.....no I cant see us getting it. Its looking more likely we will drop out than vice versa.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...