Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Super Frank Thread


Jas
 Share
Followers 9

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I've yet to hear a single reasonable argument on why we should stay away from Tuchel, other than his feuds over technical directors given they never saw eye to eye on transfers. 

On a football perspective, I can't think of any better alternative. 

His failure to adapt his tactics and abrasive nature would be a disaster here. Worse than Conte was. He’s an decent coach yes and ok he won in France, he reached a CL final but a team with Mbappe, Di Maria, Neymar, Icardi, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos... that sort of calibre, that should be the expectation every season. Not celebrated as if it was a major achievement. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't actually believe how well coached we are. Puts it in further perspective when you see the garbage United and Arsenal are spewing. I love the fact Frank isn't so stubborn to try and do it

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at time

Our pressing game was superb, and made all the difference today! 4-3-3 with Mount and Havertz to harass opponents and Kante to sweep up behind...that's the way to go. And we have two bombing

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DANILA said:

Tuchel looks good for me but my mate who is a BVB supporter said stay away... At the same time I don't think there's too many managers out there where every single football fan is a strong supporter of (maybe only Klopp, Pep, Nagelsmann, Simeone?)

I live among a lot of BVB fans here in the region and most of them want him back and have turned anti-Watzke because of the sacking

 

But yeah, I would love Simeone but it’s impossible so Tuchel would be a realistic option I‘d love. Some do seem to suggest Allegri - which I disagree with.

At the end of the day, I don‘t care who comes. I just want Lampard gone because one thing is sure: I don‘t trust him AT ALL anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

His failure to adapt his tactics

He's genuinely known as a manager who adapts his tactics. He even tweaks his tactics mid game based on their objective. 

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

abrasive nature would be a disaster here. Worse than Conte was. 

This is a argument I accept, but worse than Conte?

Conte threw a fit because the club wouldn't give in to spending millions in transfer fees and wages to players aged 30+ and the fact VVD chose Liverpool and Spurs would never sell Walker to us. His whole recruitment policy is also very questionable when he was one responsible for the Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, and Morata signings that have held this club back for years. Now he's doing virtually the same thing at Inter. 

Tuchel couldn't establish a relationship with Leonardo. The latter had more control over identifying & choosing players which is always a recipe for disaster. Especially if both their visions are different. Leonardo himself is also heavily criticised on how he manages PSG's transfers given the sheer imbalance of the squad. Intensely rumored that the dressing room backed Tuchel over Leonardo. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

VVD chose Liverpool

He didnt choose pool....we more or less had VVD but fucked it up cuz of money. Conte explained it weeks ago on live tele, we also fucked Lukaku deal cuz of money and penny pinching.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

He didnt choose pool....we more or less had VVD but fucked it up cuz of money. Conte explained it weeks ago on live tele, we also fucked Lukaku deal cuz of money and penny pinching.

Of course Conte would say it's due to money...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

Of course Conte would say it's due to money...

He was in the bag but fee too much for us he said. He wouldnt just throw it out there and lie about it....I dont believe he is bullshitting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

He was in the bag but fee too much for us he said. He wouldnt just throw it out there and lie about it....I dont believe he is bullshitting.

Managers talk BS all the time to go with their own agenda. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

He didnt choose pool....we more or less had VVD but fucked it up cuz of money. Conte explained it weeks ago on live tele, we also fucked Lukaku deal cuz of money and penny pinching.

Do a quick google search. VVD chose Liverpool over us. As if we couldn’t outspend them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Managers talk BS all the time to go with their own agenda. 

Why would he 2 years later? I dont get it, it could just as much be the truth

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Do a quick google search. VVD chose Liverpool over us. As if we couldn’t outspend them. 

Its not about outspending....its about us not believing he was worth it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Why would he 2 years later? I dont get it, it could just as much be the truth

Its not about outspending....its about us not believing he was worth it.

People believe what they want to believe.

If we really want to spend big, we will do so. After all, we went and spent 70 million on Kepa and Havertz. Sure, transfer sales funded part of those purchases but we were still willing to spend that big money anyway.

But all this argument is moot anyway considering Van Dijk had always wanted to join Liverpool from the start once they started going after him and he also chose them because of Klopp. Not everyone wants to play for Conte...unless you're a washed up, old, former Premier League player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jason said:

People believe what they want to believe.

If we really want to spend big, we will do so. After all, we went and spent 70 million on Kepa and Havertz. Sure, transfer sales funded part of those purchases but we were still willing to spend that big money anyway.

But all this argument is moot anyway considering Van Dijk had always wanted to join Liverpool from the start once they started going after him and he also chose them because of Klopp. Not everyone wants to play for Conte...unless you're a washed up, old, former Premier League player.

Sure we spent big, but still got Conte dross after dross though. As you said its a moot point now anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Atomiswave said:

Sure we spent big, but still got Conte dross after dross though. As you said its a moot point now anyway.

Considering Conte also wanted dross like Llorente and Candreva, I am glad that we didn't follow through with his signings. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

Considering Conte also wanted dross like Llorente and Candreva, I am glad that we didn't follow through with his signings. 

He wanted Walker VVD and Lukaku but I agree those you mentioned was never Chels quality

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
He wanted Walker VVD and Lukaku but I agree those you mentioned was never Chels quality
Give Conte enough money and he would have built a complete world class team. Walker would have been a nice improvement, Lukaku is much better than Morata and VVD would have been insane.

Sadly, Conte never got the backing he deserved.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...