Super Frank Thread

Everything needs time...sure...but we also don't have time in this crazy season.
Not to mention, if he could suddenly sacrifice our attacking play to be more solid defensively, then why didn't he do it last season? We kept playing the same way last season despite all the problems and that was with worse players than this season.

Actually, Lampard switched into a defensive approach after Corona break for instance against City. Obviously, we still conceded too many goals overall, but we also played with Alonso, AC, Toni and Kepa and individual mistakes are normal with these guys. Now, we have Mendy, Chilli and Silva, who make a huge difference for our defensive structure.
They only played 3 games together and I think we conceded zero goals.

Yes, we do not have time, but we can't change that. Sacking Lampard and getting a new coach, who needs new players with maybe completely new characteristics will mean that we need more time. Allegri needs his experienced players and likes a back 3 a lot. Not sure if Kai would be his player. Poch may be a fan of a 4-2-3-1, but does he really want to come to us lol. Also, Poch will not solve the jorgi and Kante dilemma, too. Lampard knows that the attack and the defense can be solved. It is just the 2 in midfield that worries me and I, think he knows that too.

Right now, if Ampadu really shows his worth at Sheffield, I would recall him in winter, so he at least benches Jorgi. But I do not think Chelsea will do that. The Sheffield fans really rate him. I read that on their forum today.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Actually, Lampard switched into a defensive approach after Corona break for instance against City. Obviously, we still conceded too many goals overall, but we also played with Alonso, AC, Toni and Kepa and individual mistakes are normal with these guys. Now, we have Mendy, Chilli and Silva, who make a huge difference for our defensive structure.
They only played 3 games together and I think we conceded zero goals.

That was different though. We set up to play on the break then, we at least had an idea to how to play on the break. In the last 2 games, we set up more to play on the defensive by forgoing any attacking plans.

11 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yes, we do not have time, but we can't change that. Sacking Lampard and getting a new coach, who needs new players with maybe completely new characteristics will mean that we need more time. Allegri needs his experienced players and likes a back 3 a lot. Not sure if Kai would be his player. Poch may be a fan of a 4-2-3-1, but does he really want to come to us lol. Also, Poch will not solve the jorgi and Kante dilemma, too. Lampard knows that the attack and the defense can be solved. It is just the 2 in midfield that worries me and I, think he knows that too.

I never said anything about sacking Lampard. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Jason said:

That was different though. We set up to play on the break then, we at least had an idea to how to play on the break. In the last 2 games, we set up more to play on the defensive by forgoing any attacking plans.

I never said anything about sacking Lampard. :ph34r:

Many who aren't calling for a sack are also questioning what is with the team's performances/approach. This extremely cautious defense-first approach should be left alone for the rest of the season. It cannot go on even if it helps us to a few more results because our star attackers will soon begin to wonder whether they are in the right club for their development  

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Many who aren't calling for a sack are also questioning what is with the team's performances/approach. This extremely cautious defense-first approach should be left alone for the rest of the season. It cannot go on even if it helps us to a few more results because our star attackers will soon begin to wonder whether they are in the right club for their development  

Worth pointing out that questioning Lampard doesn't mean he needs to be sacked or should be sacked.

Otherwise, agree with the points there. Werner, Havertz, Ziyech etc all talked about Lampard's attacking style after signing. If we are gonna start playing defensive football and don't get results, then they might start to wonder because pretty sure they didn't join us to end up playing Mourinho-ball or Conte-ball all of a sudden. 

Just now, Jason said:

Worth pointing out that questioning Lampard doesn't mean he needs to be sacked or should be sacked.

Otherwise, agree with the points there. Werner, Havertz, Ziyech etc all talked about Lampard's attacking style after signing. If we are gonna start playing defensive football and don't get results, then they might start to wonder because pretty sure they didn't join us to end up playing Mourinho-ball or Conte-ball all of a sudden. 

Yep, same pragmatism seen vs Liverpool/Sevilla and United now. Many teams go into this Sevilla and United level bracket. Does it mean we are pragmatic in any game against a similar level of opponent? Crazy if this goes on really.

If Arse and Leicester draw, there is a more than decent shot that we will be in 13th place based off all teams even on 6 games point totals. 12th if Arse win or Leicester wins.

NOT acceptable.

Thing I don't get is parking the bus is not addressing the defensive problem, going in against another team also trying not to lose as opposed as trying tp win.

So what we end up with a boring 0-0 draw neither team trying to win it.

So end of the day what about the defensive shables we have when we go to our usual back 4 he still hasn't addressed that.

Next weekend we have Burnley (relegation fodder) on PPV for £14.95 don't pay it use Vesper or Kodi.

Be interested to see how we line up and fare against them.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

I think Werner, Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech are already wondering what theyve gotten themselves into with Lampard...

I think Werner, Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech are already wondering what theyve gotten themselves into with Lampard...
Yes, especially Pulisic who played his best football of his career under Lampard...

Just now, killer1257 said:

Yes, especially Pulisic who played his best football of his career under Lampard...

Definitely. Kovacic as well, who was our best player last season and Lampard is consistently going with Kante who loses more balls than he makes passes

I dont want frank sacked now (though the idea of getting poch before united is tempting) but I'm convinced he's a poor coach. He can't coach a defence, he can park the bus for sure. But Crystal Palace do that well FFS. Hes had over a season now, and the patterns are clear. Our attack has been entertaining (last season) because we were energetic, direct and a little chaotic. But that can be easily contained with a well drilled team. Our build up from Sarri has disappeared.

He's been given far too many excuses. He could have better players, but we won't expect him to win the league, do we? We do expect to finish top 4 with the players he has, comfortably so.

Kovacic, jorginho, even mount in midfield, thiago silva at the back, Chilwell wide, kai and Ziyech drop deep often. He has no excuses with his squad not to play *effective* football. He has the squad to be capable with and without possession, even if he doesn't have the first 11 to beat Liverpool.

If we do win something like the FA Cup id bet money its because we relied on individual brilliance, like Giroud and Pulisic carried us towards to the end of last season.

Chin up, though! We'll find out soon if Frank is good enough. Werner and kai have 8 matches under their belt. Pulisic has had 2 whole matches and Ziyech is now starting to get match fit. Chilly B and Mendy are first team players now. Those excuses about preseason and injuries are fading as we enter November

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I dont want frank sacked now (though the idea of getting poch before united is tempting) but I'm convinced he's a poor coach. He can't coach a defence, he can park the bus for sure. But Crystal Palace do that well FFS. Hes had over a season now, and the patterns are clear. Our attack has been entertaining (last season) because we were energetic, direct and a little chaotic. But that can be easily contained with a well drilled team. Our build up from Sarri has disappeared.

I don't understand the logic, if you think he's a poor coach why don't you want him sacked?

Are you hopeful for sudden improvement or is it a Lampard loyalty thing due to his legendary status at the club?

I'm not convinced he's a poor coach yet, but it is increasingly looking that way.

2 hours ago, nofacej said:

I don't understand the logic, if you think he's a poor coach why don't you want him sacked?

Are you hopeful for sudden improvement or is it a Lampard loyalty thing due to his legendary status at the club?

I'm not convinced he's a poor coach yet, but it is increasingly looking that way.

The hope is he learns on the job

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

If Arse and Leicester draw, there is a more than decent shot that we will be in 13th place based off all teams even on 6 games point totals. 12th if Arse win or Leicester wins.

NOT acceptable.

Assuming United get something from their game in hand there will be 5 points between 1st - 15th place. At this stage of the season that is literally nothing. If we won our next couple of games we could quite easily be in the top 4.

We've also played two of the top 4 from last year already in our first 6 games. It's not been great, but it's hardly been a disaster.

The most important thing at this stage is we remain within touching distance of the top. 

With the lack of pre season (together with finishing later than most last season), large influx of new players and injuries/lack of fitness for some important players, it was always likely that the start may be a little slow. We are hugely benefitting this season from no one really standing out yet and making a great start - the likes of Villa and Everton have now lost and been beating comfortably at the weekend so let's see how they'll react now moving forward.

I'm confident that the team will improve and get stronger as the season progresses so with that in mind I'm far from concerned at present. 

I think he has done better the last two games. 

I was annoyed at the defense so he has done good. 

Now I'm waiting to see how we will respond on the next games with relative easier opponent. 

I'm now cautiously optimistic.