Super Frank Thread

3 minutes ago, 0007 said:

I actually think the same. We will have enough individual quality to beat most of the teams  and this will hinder all of the issues we have. 

With great players, basic football often is the best. Just get the ball into the danger men and let them work their magic. Our great 2005 was basically get the ball long to drogba or wide to robben//duff/cole to cross or cutback/layoff to Lampard.

Bayern, PSG, pre-Sarri Juve all play simple football getting the ball to the danger men and let them combine.

Underdog teams like our 2016/7 need coaches with some extravagant plan. Great teams just need freedom and confidence+ a solid defence wheremost of the coaching goes.

Coaches in great teams are there to make the players express themselves to their full potential, fell good. As long as our defence is shit, we obviously wont win a title but we will comfortably get top4 even with lampard in charge.

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is really no better than Mourinho just relying on individual quality to bail us out of matches. 

It really is. That's why any match Mount plays well, we play well in attack. When hes poor, we are poor in attack. We cant have a system like liverpool where Firminho is poor but Liverpool still look solid and win the match.

Van dijk made a mistake against leeds just like thiago silva did but Liverpool still won. Robertson made a mistake against arsenal like emerson but Liverpool still won. The system of Liverpool accommodates for player error and allows them to still win in those situations. 

You rarely see one touch passing linkup play from our attackers which is very strange, given how Lamps is seen as an attacking manager. Its so clear there is no attacking patterns coached and Lamps is making it worse by not allowing the players to form an understanding or have chemistry.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Then Mount will be his downfall. Mount is an alright squad player but Lampard wants to use his best players to full extent, he needs to leave out Mount.

This is big issue.

I am not even going to comment about Mount performance.

But before this game he was the only one playing every minute in 4 games.

Now again 90mins. And it was lets not forget Cup game.

Lets say Havertz is 1st choice AM, Mount 2nd and Ross 3rd.

So in the Cup game Frank decides to completely rest his 1st choice and not use at all Barkley who was very good in previous games he played.

But he plays Mason again, player who played every minute? What is the logic here? Sorry but every hate Mount gets is on Lampard.

Jose brings from the bench Kane but Frank did not do the same with Kai? Why? And Kane had a game like 48 hours before and will have another one in 48h again.

Horrible game management from Frank again.

Everyone going crazy way too soon IMO. I'm reserving judgement on Lampard until he has all his players up and running. No pre-season and we are without Pulisic!

We haven't even seen Ziyech, Silva and Chilwell in full swing either. Havertz and Werner have looked promising, both have made assists (Werner winning penalties) and scored a goal (Havertz with three!)

When we have Havertz and Chilwell fully fit, with Werner running through the middle and Ziyech making dangerous passes to Pulisic we will be feared. If Lampard can't make it work with them, then I will be a little worried. We still have players starting that still have some way to go, i.e. CHO, and Abraham. Mount is very good but overworked.

2 hours ago, Ledgi said:

His obsession with wanting Mount to be the next Frank Lampard will be his biggest downfall.

I'm not even talking about the penalty. 

The kid is being runned to the ground where there's absolutely no need to play every 90 minutes in this hectic schedule.

Everybody has their favorites but the boy is far away from a world-class footballer to be given this treatment.

Not sure why he's so obsessed with Mount playing every minute this season. Today's game he was nowhere to be found. That's why our play through the center of the park was almost non existent.

Even last season, despite a great start, Mount was dropped to the bench for a significant amount of games.

This season, season he hasn't had break.

I wonder now if Frank is desperately trying to give him a chance to secure his place given the new arrivals.

I was hoping he would have been subbed in the second half for someone else (Barkley/Havertz) because of his ineffectiveness. Instead we had Giroud come off for Tammy.

2 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Sarri had structure, his football might not have been everyone's cup of tea but at least everyone could see what he was trying to achieve not so much with Lampard.

Maybe when Sarri was in Napoli, but his football was just boring to watch at Chelsea, almost as bad as Conte's second season football.

The only thing I give Sarri credit for is with teaching the defense to pass the ball effectively out of high press situations.

44 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

This is big issue.

I am not even going to comment about Mount performance.

But before this game he was the only one playing every minute in 4 games.

Now again 90mins. And it was lets not forget Cup game.

Lets say Havertz is 1st choice AM, Mount 2nd and Ross 3rd.

So in the Cup game Frank decides to completely rest his 1st choice and not use at all Barkley who was very good in previous games he played.

But he plays Mason again, player who played every minute? What is the logic here? Sorry but every hate Mount gets is on Lampard.

Jose brings from the bench Kane but Frank did not do the same with Kai? Why? And Kane had a game like 48 hours before and will have another one in 48h again.

Horrible game management from Frank again.

Same

While I see the value Mount brings to the team in games, I don't know why he's seemingly being run into the ground playing every minute like he was Hazard for Chelsea.

Almost invisible today.

6 hours ago, DDA said:

I'm not jumping on the Lampard out wagon yet but if we replace him with anyone it should be the Leipzig manager. He would be the best choice.

There's a several of very good managers if Roman sacked Lampard: Ten Hag, Rose, Nagelsmann, Gasperini, Tuchel, Gallardo, Pochettino, Inzaghi, and Flick. 

5 hours ago, Henrique said:

Really difficult to judge him at the moment.

There was no pre-season, its a unusual situation, and most of new signings are not ready yet, and our best player is out with an injury. Today it was an easy victory if not for Mason Mount, and its even difficult to criticize Lampard for sticking with Mount here, because he was probably the motm against WB.

To other side, in the final minutes the team was just exchanging passes like in a training session. Really weird, just cross the ball or try a long shoot. 

Right now he must stop Mason Mount thing. Mount is the same old story. He has 5 mediocre games in a row, then he will score a goal and people will say he is quality and has a bright future. That stupid and infuriating pass just minutes before Spurs equalized sums up his lack of quality and weak mentality.

I don't believe it. Henrique coming in clutch with the facts. 

5 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Maybe when Sarri was in Napoli, but his football was just boring to watch at Chelsea, almost as bad as Conte's second season football.

The only thing I give Sarri credit for is with teaching the defense to pass the ball effectively out of high press situations.

Their boring football is one thing but at least one could see what they were trying to do, how they wanted us to play.

Can the same be said about Lampard? We don't know what we're gonna get with Lampard in every match and it's been a long, long time since we had any sort of fluidity in our attack and since we put in a complete team performance. 

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

I don't believe it. Henrique coming in clutch with the facts. 

He is weird. 

Whenever people are criticizing the manager, for example, he will suddenly come in and back the manager. When people don't criticize the manager, he will be the one to criticize the manager. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

He is weird. 

Whenever people are criticizing the manager, for example, he will suddenly come in and back the manager. When people don't criticize the manager, he will be the one to criticize the manager. 

He baffles even the most intellectual of minds. 

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Their boring football is one thing but at least one could see what they were trying to do, how they wanted us to play.

Can the same be said about Lampard? We don't know what we're gonna get with Lampard in every match and it's been a long, long time since we had any sort of fluidity in our attack and since we put in a complete team performance. 

Weren't we regularly clashing in the Sarri season because i could see the projected end product and you couldn't?

Just now, Jason said:

Did we? Was it about that? 

200.gif

I can't be bothered to go back and source particular quotes but fairly certain the gist of it was I was encouraged by how comfortable we were playing out of the back and in possession (despite the eye pleasing side of things not living up to the hype) and thought it could be really built on on time and let's just say you challenged me on it quite a bit.