Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Super Frank Thread

Jas
Followers 9

3 hours ago, Mana said:

I strongly disagree with that, the prior criticism on Lamps was fair. Good on him turning it around, but I feel the criticism was justified. 

We have driven through this long bumpy road for months and now we have finally driving on the smooth part. And while we are on the smooth part, we have yet to be properly tested.

Newcastle will be the first real test for me. Stand tall with a victory on a ground that we only won once since 2012.

Criticism was ridicules, because you don't learn. It's always the same, always. Don't take too serious the beginning part of the season. Especially a coronavirus season and a squad with many new players. 
It takes a while. 

That's why any serious student of futbol will know that the real team will start establishing themselves after having a couple of months working together. Hence why I always said November-December time frame is key to see the progress. 

How many times season after season you seen a team like Everton do great at the beginning of the season, everyone is praising them to the heavens and then skid of course come November-December time frame? 

I still don't understand how you guys can't see that season after season? I mean for crying out loud people go nuts over a pre season game at times here......

• Like 3
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't actually believe how well coached we are. Puts it in further perspective when you see the garbage United and Arsenal are spewing. I love the fact Frank isn't so stubborn to try and do it

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at time

Our pressing game was superb, and made all the difference today! 4-3-3 with Mount and Havertz to harass opponents and Kante to sweep up behind...that's the way to go. And we have two bombing

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

Criticism was ridicules, because you don't learn. It's always the same, always. Don't take too serious the beginning part of the season. Especially a coronavirus season and a squad with many new players. 
It takes a while. 

That's why any serious student of futbol will know that the real team will start establishing themselves after having a couple of months working together. Hence why I always said November-December time frame is key to see the progress. 

How many times season after season you seen a team like Everton do great at the beginning of the season, everyone is praising them to the heavens and then skid of course come November-December time frame? 

I still don't understand how you guys can't see that season after season? I mean for crying out loud people go nuts over a pre season game at times here......

that is indeed what happens in the the vast majority of times when a team acquires a few players significantly changing the starting XI.

I think I've seen, maybe a couple of times where the players just "clicked" and started playing together right off the bat, and it likely because they were experienced players.

I think most of us were worried about Lampard's (seemingly) inability to correct the defense. Mendy corroborated a lot of opinions here that one of the biggest problems we had was indeed kepa. If you go back his thread, I was never a fan (to say the least), but his recent form was a constant liability.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Mana said:

"Hardly any pre-season" - So did 19 other clubs in the PL. In fact we are one of the lucky ones who had a couple of friendlies while others had 1. If this was Lamps' first season, then you have a strong case here but it's not.

Yeah and everyone suffered for it, look at the bizarre results not just in the PL all around Europe so far, even Bayern have took a hammering.

8 hours ago, Fernando said:

It takes a while. 

Lol, you say I don't learn. 'Til this day, you still haven't proven me wrong. Yes we have finally on a smooth road now, but tougher tests are yet to come and until we do well on these tests, you haven't proven me wrong and there's nothing for me to learn.

"It's always the same"...tell me another time we had a COVID-19 season. If you can't name me another one, then it's not always the same. 

"Don't take the beginning part of the season seriously" Right, what about last December-March when we were losing crazy games. You cannot bring COVID-19 to this because the first lockdown didn't happen then. Or you're going to bring up the "he needed more time" excuse.

You said Winter time is key to see progress. Historically around that time, that is our worse period. So we better hope Lamps has really turned the corner then.

Everton aren't on our level. But they are overachieving so far. Hence why the praise. Yes they are below us, but they played United, Spuds and Liverpool during those runs and taken 4 points from them. We faced Liverpool and United...we only have 1 point.

???? Dude tell me, what am I failing to miss? Are you saying I failed to see us challenge last season? Or I'm failing to see that we are going to challenge the league this season? Because that's where I want this club to be. Not fighting for top 4 on the final day of each season.

Lampard, with a fully fit squad in his disposal has no excuses of not doing well. But that's not the problem, because let's face it - there's going to be injuries this season. Pulisic is already injured. Say Chilwell gets injured. It's what Lampard would do when these players are injured. Or even not playing well. Does he have it in him to be a 'real' tactician when things are going wrong? That's what I want to see. I don't want a better version of Arteta or Ole.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Mana said:

"Hardly any pre-season" - So did 19 other clubs in the PL. In fact we are one of the lucky ones who had a couple of friendlies while others had 1. If this was Lamps' first season, then you have a strong case here but it's not.

"Constantly changing backline" - This is mostly Lamps' fault, nobody else's. Only player injuries or absences you can't say it isn't. Also again, 2nd season now - we shouldn't still have to see constant changes back there.

"Kepa" - Fair enough, but I felt like Willy would had been a better option or a youth keeper. I know Willy is poor as well, but it was a matter of principle.

Chelsea had just the one pre-season game vs Brighton. Leicester for example played three.

Lot of the defensive improvement is due to Thiago Silva. The other pairings still ooze panic I think.

It maybe the second season but it was the same defense that leaked the record number of goals until Chilwell Silva and Mendy came in 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, milka said:

I dont care if he was a spurs manager, if the offer comes he will grab it on the spot. But I doubt we will see that, Lamps is starting to build something good and progress is coming nicely.

• Like 1

Saw all the quotes of Kai Silva etc recently, they all sing the same tune which is marvelous. Silva already wants a renewel, Kai snubbed BM for us. He knew the BL is a shit show, easy title every season for BM, thats why he said the title with Chels is worth alot more. And man FL so far can lure most players, they really look up to him.

• Like 4

What I really can't wait, is his first trophy with us. It's gonna be fucking special! It's a dream scenario I always fantasized about when I was a teen idolizing him in his playing days, but never thought would have a high chance of happening. BUT it must happen with crowds back in the stadium! 

• Like 3
What I really can't wait, is his first trophy with us. It's gonna be fucking special! It's a dream scenario I always fantasized about when I was a teen idolizing him in his playing days, but never thought would have a high chance of happening. BUT it must happen with crowds back in the stadium! 

The Premier League
51 minutes ago, blu35_army said:

2449763_202011110241150573.jpg

really interesting,,it's prove how bayern can almost reach CL semifinal every year. so do city and pool that always dominate PL in the last 3 years. frank must learn more about this tactics...

Your pic/link do not show up

• Like 1
19 hours ago, manpe said:

Last season's FA Cup...URGH!