Super Frank Thread

I think we should cut our ties now whilst the season is young, bring in a more experienced manager and hopefully challenge for the league. Frank Lampard is just not good enough for a club like Chelsea. Carlo Ancellotti was fired for finishing 2nd!!!

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

It is not at all black and white. This might not be the best football in the world but we lost with bad luck vs a highly motivated Mourinho side. There is no shame in that and no sense in blaming shit coaching or tactics. This is still a team finding its feet even tho it should be further ahead there is no use in throwing your toys out of the pram. 

You see, I disagree 1000 percent. 

Playing a passive possession game against THAT Spurs team in the first half, was criminal. I would be criticising Lampard and the team if I was a neutral, and Spurs fans are now laughing their bollocks off that they got away with it! Not playing with urgency with all the possession we had and killing the game off is poor management. Period. Difference between Klopp/Pep and Lampard. 

Finding their feet? Werner is 5 games in with us and Chilwell is an established PL left back? What are you on about?

Sorry, the excuses end here.  That was unacceptable. 

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

If Mount and CHO did make the right passes, we would have won today easily.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Perhaps but its all superficial to say that. Attack we were predictable. Again 2nd half two big chances and the execution was poor. 

We could have won 1-0,-0, 3-1, 6-4 or 18-6 but the common thing is we are still conceding stupid chances/goals due to poor organisation and that will continuously follow us wherever we go if we dont sort this. That Emerson mistake is something we would probably of seen in Villas-Boas’ side here.

As Ive said before all these individual errors, which are happening far too regularly, wouldn’t happen as often if we were better organised. Yes we have some players shitter than others but do you think if the defensive shape was better some of these things wouldnt happen? Because I certainly do. Also Lamela has run past Kante from MF IIRC, MF runners are hard to pick up as they make late runs but how nobody noticed him is alarming. 

2 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

The question is who are we going to bring in. Simeone would be a perfect fit but no way is he coming. 
Allegri doesn‘t convince me. Maybe Poch?

Simeone's ultra-destructive ugly suffer-ball? Simeone vs the big sides is 10x worse than what Lamps did vs Liverpool

Allegri with his fondness forwashed up granpas?

Poch alright maybe but also never has won a title.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You see, I disagree 1000 percent. 

Playing a passive possession game against THAT Spurs team in the first half, was criminal. I would be criticising Lampard and the team if I was a neutral, and Spurs fans are now laughing their bollocks off that they got away with it! Not playing with urgency with all the possession we had and killing the game off is poor management. Period. Difference between Klopp/Pep and Lampard. 

Finding their feet? Werner is 5 games in with us and Chilwell is an established PL left back? What are you on about?

Sorry, the excuses end here.  That was unacceptable. 

Passing the opponent to death is exactly what you have to do against a bus parked 10 m within their own half.

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

You have to find the right passes in those big moments. A guy like KDB always finds the right passes and even in much more complicated and tight spaces. CHO did not see Tammy and Mount saw Werner's run and passed it to the opponent. This is not Chelsea level.

You need to tone it down mate, apparently not rating players from our academy means you're trolling, that said CHO has all the talent in the world the problem is his attitude if he gets that right he has a future here for sure but Mount is just a slightly less talented version of Oscar and shouldn't be playing here. I actually think Gallagher will overshadow him soon enough despite starting from the back foot.

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Passing the opponent to death is exactly what you have to do against a bus parked 10 m within their own half.

Yes.  With urgency. 

Urgency play is actually passing the ball forward and quick enough to have the opposition defence make mistakes in their positioning for us to capitalise on. The fact we'd rather play a game of keep away vs taking the initiative against a shit Spurs team, is leaving me increasingly worried that Lampard isn't the manager I initially thought he was. 

You need to tone it down mate, apparently not rating players from our academy means you're trolling, that said CHO has all the talent in the world the problem is his attitude if he gets that right he has a future here for sure but Mount is just a slightly less talented version of Oscar and shouldn't be playing here. I actually think Gallagher will overshadow him soon enough despite starting from the back foot.
I am a huge fan of our youth. I have been watching our youth since 2010.
CHO is alright, but Mount clearly lacks too many things right now. He never solved his lack of creativity, which was apparent at youth level

11 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

The question is who are we going to bring in. Simeone would be a perfect fit but no way is he coming. 
Allegri doesn‘t convince me. Maybe Poch?

Absolutely no Pochettino and most definitely no Simeone.

If the time comes where it's clear Lampard can't take us to the next level then Ten Hag is the perfect choice.

11 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I think we should cut our ties now whilst the season is young, bring in a more experienced manager and hopefully challenge for the league. Frank Lampard is just not good enough for a club like Chelsea. Carlo Ancellotti was fired for finishing 2nd!!!

Carlo was hired for CL and couldn't even match previous efforts, so he was always going to be in trouble even with good league results.

Apples and oranges!

1 minute ago, petre.ispirescu said:

As soon as Pulisic and Ziyech are fit and ready, he must stop chopping and changing and settle to a formation and stick to it no matter the results. Otherwise there is only one outcome for him.

Pulisic and Ziyech are good players but if we need them to play well, to defend well, to pass well, to look cohesive, then isn't that a problem? 

I say give him the full season out of respect, but I officially don't believe in him as a manager anymore.

He's been here for over a year and we still have not seen any improvement. 

I believe we will not win anything this season with him as a manager, but he is still a Chelsea legend so it would be sad to sack him in a couple of months.