Super Frank Thread

I kinda agree, but then why does he keep using these players? Why do we keep making the same BS after BS? What is our style? First 11? Formation? Tactics? Too many issues sadly.
When Chilwell is fit to play, we will see Alonso less. That was Silva's second "pre season" game. It will take time til he is 100%.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

First game vs Brighton:

Werner

Mount---Loftus-Cheek---Havertz

Second game vs Liverpool:

Havertz

Werner----------Mount

Third game vs West Brom:

Abraham

Werner---Havertz---Mount

Anyone knows what our attacking plan is? Asking for a friend...

Same as last year, you play well - > you play next game.

It is a bit concerning thought. 

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Now do this with back 4 :lol:

I think or I hope the back 4 will settle itself soon enough. Mendy will be the GK, Chilwell the LB, Silva one of the CBs and James as the RB. It's only the other CB where there's a question mark even though the choice should be obvious.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

First game vs Brighton:

Werner

Havertz

Werner----------Mount

Third game vs West Brom:

Abraham

Werner---Havertz---Mount

Not even FL knows this seemingly....so dont expect favours here

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

First game vs Brighton:

Werner

Havertz

Werner----------Mount

Third game vs West Brom:

Abraham

Werner---Havertz---Mount

Don't think he actually does, and that's not entirely on him to be fair.

The lineups for our 3 PL games are something like what we would see in a pre-season tournament.

Its a bit unfair on him because he haven't had a real pre-season.

The glaring errors are at the back for me. We still suck at set pieces. Doesn't matter if we have an experienced head in there or not.

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

The lineups for our 3 PL games are something like what we would see in a pre-season tournament.

Pre-season or not, we should be developing an idea, a plan of how we want to attack games already. How is chopping and changing it in every game is gonna help achieve that? Every attacking lineup above requires us to attack differently. How are the players supposed to develop an understanding, chemistry, consistency with all these changes? You would think given we are trying to build a new team here, picking a stable/consistent lineup/system would the best option. Once everything settles, then we should only maybe start tinkering a bit here and there. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Pre-season or not, we should be developing an idea, a plan of how we want to attack games already. How is chopping and changing it in every game is gonna help achieve that? Every attacking lineup above requires us to attack differently. How are the players supposed to develop an understanding, chemistry, consistency with all these changes? You would think given we are trying to build a new team here, picking a stable/consistent lineup/system would the best option. Once everything settles, then we should only maybe start tinkering a bit here and there. 

Its not going to help, and I will be REALLY worried if we don't see attacking players lineup consistently in their respective positions, within the next 3 PL games. I would expect Pulisic/Ziyech to claim the RW/LW spots, but that's about it. If I see Mount starting on the wing again, after those 2 become available, then I will really question his tactics.

I'm already worried about the lack of defensive organization. Not sure a new keeper is going to helps us keep clean sheets.

Just now, killer1257 said:

--------Werner/Tammy
----puli-Havertz-Ziyech

That is our long term line up for this season. We still have to wait to see this line up for couple of weeks til our two boys are back.

You put Abraham there but think Lampard will drop Mount? :lol: 

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

Its not going to help, and I will be REALLY worried if we don't see attacking players lineup consistently in their respective positions, within the next 3 PL games. I would expect Pulisic/Ziyech to claim the RW/LW spots, but that's about it. If I see Mount starting on the wing again, after those 2 become available, then I will really question his tactics.

Yes, Pulisic and Ziyech returning will help but since they aren't available right now, what is our backup plan? We can't possibly be changing our attacking lineup every game just because 1-2 players are out. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I'm already worried about the lack of defensive organization. Not sure a new keeper is going to helps us keep clean sheets.

Let's not get there...

You put Abraham there but think Lampard will drop Mount? [emoji38] 
At this stage, Mount will play as a no. 6 with Kante,even though he was horrible against Brighton in that position. But Kovacic seems to not be able to play that role either. Sadly, we did not get Thiago because he wanted to earn too much.

Just now, killer1257 said:

At this stage, Mount will play as a no. 6 with Kante,even though he was horrible against Brighton in that position. But Kovacic seems to not be able to play that role either. Sadly, we did not get Thiago because he wanted to earn too much.

IF we buy Rice, do you think Mount will play alongside Kante in the pivot? :carlo: 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes, Pulisic and Ziyech returning will help but since they aren't available right now, what is our backup plan? We can't possibly be changing our attacking lineup every game just because 1-2 players are out. 

Let's not get there...

I have no idea what Frank is going to choose.

I know what lineup I would select.

The only thing I know Frank might finally have made up his mind on is that Havertz will play CAM, or right behind the CF for best results. That's the only certainty regarding his selection for the attacking players.

IF we buy Rice, do you think Mount will play alongside Kante in the pivot? :carlo: 
Maybe Rice benches Kante and the two brothers play alongside each other [emoji23]. Nothing suprises me at this stage.
I would rather go for Aouar/Zakaria instead.

22 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

The glaring errors are at the back for me. We still suck at set pieces. Doesn't matter if we have an experienced head in there or not.

The plan is rely on individual quality hut we don’t have a Hazard or even a Cesc or Diego Costa to make it work and Pulisic and Ziyech arent fit yet. He will be found out if he cannot make a team with players like Havertz, Ziyech and Pulisic play effectively as a unit as opposed to individuals. And the he needs more time argument is an even worse excuse. He’s had almost 10 months of us playing football which is so predictable in attack and relies solely on individuals doing stuff off the cuff as opposed to coordinated patterns or movements. 

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

We never even went for Thiago. And would not because of his age. Bar Silva when have we ever signed anyone 29-30 or over in recent years?