Super Frank Thread

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Half his starting 11 are you a laugh lad? 

Stop giving me if Werner did that and did that, he didn't and we didn't. My obsession isn't you and your LOL's but as we know that isn't a response and maybe you have learnt from that, my problem is that we are negative, lifeless and playing shite.

And by the way, I will moan, crib and call people out but I will explain it and back up my case.....easy.

So which one of pulisic, ziyech, Silva , chilwell, Mendy do you think won't be a part of our starting 11 this season. Please do enlighten me. I mean seriously, are you THAT stupid?

What case? You think the manager is indefensible but can't even agree that he did not have HALF his starting 11 when I am bloody well naming those players. But please, continue cribbing childishly, do need a laugh. Don't get enough "Lols" in life, what with all the pandemic shit.

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

Wait...how does Mane so close to making it 1-0 if it wasn't for the red card foul, proved YOUR point that we would have won?

The point (like I stated in the previous post) was regarding chances created. Also like I asked, if hoof ball chances are as important and pivotal, then what made it "nonsensical"?

This thread has been pretty toxic for a while now and I think unnecessarily so.

I'm not one to make excuses, but let's give Lamps at least a game with the new signings he made to fix our defence before ruling that he's failed to fix it.

This obviously wasn't the result we wanted to see, but it's also the dying gasps of last season's team before all the new signings come into the side and [hopefully] make a real difference.

Had Silva been ready, Mendy been between the sticks, and Pulisic/Ziyech been fit, then this game would have looked very different.

Just now, Mana said:

Let's rewind to the beginning. I called you out because you said we would have got the win if Andreas and Kepa didn't have their terror moments. I strongly disagree.

We did not trouble Allison, nor did we hit the post or bar. The "chances created" were not dangerous to the opposition.

And yes you can say the opposite with Liverpool. Except for that Mane "hoof-ball" chance. All of our "chances created" in the first half, would be for nothing if Andreas didn't rugby tackle Mane because it would have been 1-0 to the reds then.

The chances created were not dangerous? The Werner left footed shot just past Alison, the one where he was 1v1 against fabinho, but wanted to go inside rather than go out and shoot from the left, the one where mount played kante in only for kante to not shoot but pull back. You have got to be kidding if you say our counters were not dangerous. Even with the 1-0, and 11 men, based on the balance of play, we would have had a fair chance. Definitely not one that you could term as "nonsense"

Lampards obsession with being adaptable is all well and good and I do think long term it could give us the edge over teams like City and Liverpool that will play their way... but first you must have a base to work from, we don't have it.

He has had a year now to decide Kante or Jorginho, he still hasnt decided. 

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

You guys should also adjust your expectations. We signed Havertz, instead of Thiago Alcântara. I find really amusing that people were acting as we became PL contenders because of Havertz. Quality player, but not a world beater as many of you are trying to picture.

I honestly think Havertz's price tag has confused a lot of people.

Like you said, he is still a work in progress. One for the future.

17 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

So which one of pulisic, ziyech, Silva , chilwell, Mendy do you think won't be a part of our starting 11 this season. Please do enlighten me. I mean seriously, are you THAT stupid?

What case? You think the manager is indefensible but can't even agree that he did not have HALF his starting 11 when I am bloody well naming those players. But please, continue cribbing childishly, do need a laugh. Don't get enough "Lols" in life, what with all the pandemic shit.

They have to be fit to be able to play, right now Ziyech isn't, Chilwell isn't and Mendy hasn't even fucking signed. Silva hasn't kicked a ball and by the looks of things FL hasn't got a clue who he fancies because week by week it changes.

FL picks the team, formation and how we set up....He can't decide between Jorginho, Kante Kovacic, Mount etc....

By the way for weeks now your attitude around has attracted attention from all of the admins and mods, I will give you a polite remind to reign it in and quickly. Take that as you will be your on thin ice and have been for weeks and weeks.

14 minutes ago, Mana said:

None of these examples were on target. Allison could fall asleep and we wouldn't had scored. These need to be on target and work the GK.

When you are a goal down, it can change things for the better, or worse. You don't know. 

But generally, because we are losing we would have to come out more...leaving space at the back for Mane and Salah to counter-attack us.

I totally disagree. Dangerous attacks don't just mean a shot on goal or making a keeper work. For me is creating the chance to get that shot and trouble the goalie, the end objective is what you say, but for me, an attack can be termed dangerous without them 

We were 2 goals down, a man down, got a penalty and Tammy had a good chance which was a good stop by Allison. Don't think just being a goal down would have meant us changing the whole game plan. If anything, those 2 chances showed the plan was working and would have worked if we did not have a numerical disadvantage for a whole half

11 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

They have to be fit to be able to play, right now Ziyech isn't, Chilwell isn't and Mendy hasn't even fucking signed. Silva hasn't kicked a ball and by the looks of things FL hasn't got a clue who he fancies because week by week it changes.

FL picks the team, formation and how we set up....He can't decide between Jorginho, Kante Kovacic, Mount etc....

By the way for weeks now your attitude around has attracted attention from all of the admins and mods, I will give you a polite remind to reign it in and quickly. Take that as you will be your on thin ice and have been for weeks and weeks.

Oh my God, is not that what it means to be missing players. Is not that the point that FL did not have HALf his first team. Ziyech, puli, chilwell, Silva each of them will be the mainstay. As will Mendy, whether he has signed yet or not. 

Wow, so just because someone calls you out for your asenine opinion, you are seriously gonna pull this? Show me my last debate. Have not even posted here in a couple of weeks. The last time I had anything was with vesper which contained nothing of foul language or racist behaviours. You know what, go pull rank on somebody that Cares. Pathetic. Unfortunately for you, talkchelsea is not the be-all and end-all of 99% of everyone's life.

44 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Never would we have conceded with 11 men on the pitch. The one frustrating thing here is this inferiority complex we have, and AC and Kepa in particular, when it comes to playing Liverpool we always manage to lose in creative ways. Conceding stupid long rangers or set pieces. Now we looked defensively well organized and then shot our selves in the foot. Both ac and Kepa should have anticipated th trajectory of that ball way better.

We other is the mount love in. He is useless. Maybe CHO is too. But if so at least try Giroud and play Werner on the wing ffs. Mount on the Wing has to stop 

Yeah, the Mount on the wing experiment can stop.

Looks like Werner can also do a job defensively if played on the wing. Works very hard.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

It is "strange" that we are so wrapped up with the idea of our wingers/wide players needing to track back into our own defensive area when those at the likes of Man City and Liverpool do not really do that.

I think it's because we dont trust our full backs to do the job on their own.

3 hours ago, Mana said:

I don't think anyone here is saying "Sack Lampard!!!" However for me personally, the writing's on the wall.

Bar a small handful of matches last season, I haven't been really impressed with Lampard's tactics and team selection.

People told me that things will change this season and last season should be a "free pass".  So far, nothing has changed.

If his team selections and tactics were poor last season, and he still got top 4, then Chelsea were one of the luckiest teams alive. I mean we struggled to get top4 with Eden, he got it without him and re-inforcements. 

Also, when people say things like "he can not be defended", that is pretty definitive in terms of where they and what they want to do with the manager.

3 hours ago, Mana said:

Lampard is stubborn, I can only look at his goalkeeping choice to know that he is. People argue Willy is slightly worse, but Willy didn't disrespect a coach when he was asked to sub off. And I'm sure Willy will not pull a feck up like Kepa did for the second Liverpool goal. It amazes me how Kepa is still #1, when he has done near feck all since that Carabao Cup final.

How lampard stubborn? Did not willy start our 2 most important games of the last season - wolves with top 4 on the line and fa cup final. How can we possibly say FL is stubborn with his selection for kepa when he has dropped him like a sack of potatoes when it actually mattered, are you kidding me? Or have we conviniently forgotten that. Kepa had to be started at the start of this one, to give him one last shot. Can he show something to be kept. You are talking about reality yet can't understand why we are persisting and hoping against hope for a record signing to come through, for a 72m signing to show something positive. This is not fifa where you can simply discard such an asset/liability, this is real life. 2 games will not decide our fate this season, but these 2 games have definitely decided kepa's fate. 

3 hours ago, Mana said:

Lampard-defenders are leeching on to "Ziyech, Chilwell, Silva etc haven't played!" now. Okay, if they were all playing and we still look shite...then what? Because it's very possible. What's the next excuse? Give him time? Everton didn't need time! They got a new midfield and James and they are looking better already!

What's so special about Lampard except he's a club legend? His time at Derby wasn't all that great.

He changed their footballing style ok, but the defense was shite and that cost Derby their return to the PL. I really wanted Lampard to stay in Derby and prove himself. Him coming to Chelsea this early in his career rubbed me the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong, it will be a dream for Lampard to lift big trophies as a Chelsea coach. But we need to split dream from reality. 

Everton got a new mid and he is actually PLAYING. Currently we are worse off from the last season, cause we have no playmaker. We are minus willian and pulisic. How is that an "excuse"? If with ziyech and puli we are still this poor in attack, then anyone and everyone will have a right to ask questions off him. But after 2 games and with pulisic, ziyech, Silva, chilwell and Mendy, and against the BEST team in the world. Lol. 

Just because it personally rubbed you the wrong way (lol), does not mean you have to discredit his achievements with things like he got his selection and tactics wrong or I cant see what he has done special. 

He got us top 4 with no Eden, he got us our best window in living memory with players like Werner and Kai. That is the REALITY. 

I don't think anyone here is saying "Sack Lampard!!!" However for me personally, the writing's on the wall.
Bar a small handful of matches last season, I haven't been really impressed with Lampard's tactics and team selection.
People told me that things will change this season and last season should be a "free pass".  So far, nothing has changed.
Lampard is stubborn, I can only look at his goalkeeping choice to know that he is. People argue Willy is slightly worse, but Willy didn't disrespect a coach when he was asked to sub off. And I'm sure Willy will not pull a feck up like Kepa did for the second Liverpool goal. It amazes me how Kepa is still #1, when he has done near feck all since that Carabao Cup final.
Lampard-defenders are leeching on to "Ziyech, Chilwell, Silva etc haven't played!" now. Okay, if they were all playing and we still look shite...then what? Because it's very possible. What's the next excuse? Give him time? Everton didn't need time! They got a new midfield and James and they are looking better already!
What's so special about Lampard except he's a club legend? His time at Derby wasn't all that great.
He changed their footballing style ok, but the defense was shite and that cost Derby their return to the PL. I really wanted Lampard to stay in Derby and prove himself. Him coming to Chelsea this early in his career rubbed me the wrong way.
Don't get me wrong, it will be a dream for Lampard to lift big trophies as a Chelsea coach. But we need to split dream from reality. 

Completely disagree with the whole post.

Use Kepa over Willy is stubborn? Can you guarantee Willy wouldn’t make mistakes? It’s not like dropping C.Ronaldo for Marko Marin you know. Just because Kepa did a shit show doesn’t mean you can falsely accuse Frank’s choice of GK. They are both shit, you can only blame the team didn’t sign a decent GK soon enough. And what’s it to do with Frank about Kepa “disrespected” Sarri, you’re clutching at straws here.

There’s no IFs, Ziyech Chilwell Silva indeed haven’t played, can you see them on the pitch? Let them play first, end of story.

So far Frank is nothing special as a manager but also not that bad as you proclaimed, at least he lead us to 4th with a team that was pretty much written off by everyone.