Super Frank Thread

5 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Looking at the heat maps of our four attackers last season, they will be interchanging positions a lot if they all play together. Hopefully Lamps works out the best tactical situation for them.

dtfedy3n65l51.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=d62cfa5098de10525fd871a30aebc3fa3adb1aca

This will be Franks biggest challange... being able to fit all of these players into the same starting eleven. The one thing that stands out as a problem to me is Havertz abd Ziyech both liking to play in the same area of the pitch, on the right side. Pulisic and Werner seem to be most effective starting from the left. I hope this doesn't become a problem.

5 hours ago, DDA said:

This will be Franks biggest challange... being able to fit all of these players into the same starting eleven. The one thing that stands out as a problem to me is Havertz abd Ziyech both liking to play in the same area of the pitch, on the right side. Pulisic and Werner seem to be most effective starting from the left. I hope this doesn't become a problem.

Hopefully we work out a scenario where Havertz plays behind werner but making runs into the box occasionally so that the strike position will be occupied by him when werner slips to the left and pulisic comes centrally. Something like this

Werner -  Havertz - Ziyech

Pulisic

This kind of scenerio should be happening occasionally during the match

16 hours ago, Henrique said:

I'm pretty sure the old anti-Chelsea bias in the press will come back this season. Unless one of new signings flops, there is no place in the starting eleven for Mount, James, Abraham or Tomori. Lampard giving those guys playing time was the biggest reason why in last season Chelsea was covered in a positive never seen during Abramovich era.

Pretty sure James is gonna play lots. Azpi isn’t getting any younger and RJ has played plenty last season. Mount will get a lot of minutes as well by rotation and being subbed in. Tomori I have no idea . Abraham I am happy will not feature that much. Don’t give a shit about media anyway. What has been getting kn my nerves is the ref bis which was at its absolute worst last season. So at least the new signings improve our chances of getting this out of the refs hands

Frank Lampard knows his Chelsea honeymoon is over

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2020/9/7/21426052/frank-lampard-knows-his-chelsea-honeymoon-is-over

According to this pole 71% of Chelsea fans want at least title challenge next season.

I am glad he said this.

'When I do see him, I'll put that one right': Frank Lampard admits he is embarrassed and 'regrets' telling Liverpool's bench to 'f*** off' in 5-3 defeat and wants to fix relationship with Jurgen Klopp this season

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8706871/Frank-Lampard-admits-regrets-telling-Liverpools-bench-f-Anfield-defeat-July.html

2 hours ago, prehuman said:

Another game to fall asleep.

If it weren't for Bielsa, all the games so far would be soporific.

I saw a lot of people saying Liverpool were very poor defensively against Leeds and Chelsea will have a field day against them next week. But they don't see that it is the high pressing tactics of Bielsa that did all that. Just the way Bayern in the Champions League made defences look amateur, it's the same high pressing tactics of Leeds. Leeds with that style can beat any top team in the league easily.

I hope Lampard can implement that style of play, just like he tried to do at the beginning of last season before abandoning it later. High-pressing with quick passers and off the ball runners is a dominant style of football we should emulate. 

Im kinda saying this as a thought out loud but would appreciate someone saying if Im right or talking bollox.

Been slowly catching up with things and I dont know if Im right or wrong but its looking to me that FL is using the high press more as a defensive strategy rather than attack based.!?

And with is having quite big % of posession we have been making a lot of sideways/back passes??

Add to that we have been creating a lot of chances but nobody has been there  good enough for the last 1 or 2 touches??

Our goals for and assists should go much higher now with the new lads. but this very much depends on what formation FL sees us using.

I saw a good piece comparing his time at Derby with his time so far here and the comparison was quite similar. They both prioritized going forward and the goals let in were disgustingly bad.

I know we brought in another coach but he doesnt SEEM to be defence trained. But we need something drastic to help out back there. Its our only proper weakness.

Just read this. Interesting.

Tactical Philosophy: Frank Lampard

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2020/05/20/tactical-philosophy-frank-lampard/.

I was hoping to see tactical improvements from Lampards team but I was disappointed. It's just the first match but the same problems of last season: poor defending, deft of ideas in attack, no cohesion in midfield and inconsistent pressing/allowing Brighton to control the game without putting them under pressure.

He has to do better honestly. 

Was it poor defending or our midfielders, cough Ruben cough, losing the ball in dangerous areas?
I thought our back line was solid for the most part. Bar Kepa. 
Alonso was horrible and RJ looked shaky couple of times. Alonso and Mount gave Lamptey many times a free pass.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I think Lamps got it wrong from the outset but his hand was also somewhat forced by the injuries, late arrivals, and Kovacic's suspension.

Whilst I personally would have liked to see Ruben hauled off earlier, I can understand why Lamps waited 60 minutes to do so.

Let's just hope that he gets it right against Liverpool (one thing's for sure, Ruben won't be in the starting lineup for that game).

Trust im Lamps. He is intelligent and our legend.

What really makes me feel comfortable that even if Frank somehow doesn‘t accomplish to steady the defence, another manager surely could since the players at disposal are amazing going forward.