Super Frank Thread

7 hours ago, Mana said:

75-85 points with that defense and GK? You're having a laugh. 60-70 points at best. We may have a stronger attack, but the clowns at the back can kill our games easily. And this does not include Lampard's poor defensive tactics mind you.

We may get away with it in CL group stages, but once we meet a Bayern, Barca, Real or any decent attacking side in the KOs, we're fecked.

Lampard at the moment isn't backed in the right crucial places. I'd rather swap Ziyech and Havertz for two class players that improves our defense.

I seem to remember you equally dismissed our chances of finishing above Arsenal in the season just gone, but I digress.

United conceded as many goals as us in the league last season as we did this, did what you suggest we should do now and prioritized the defense and while they did concede less goals, they still had to sign an attacker in January to even gain parity on their points haul from last season, and even that only happened because he had a major instant impact. 

Lack of consistent attacking threat has been just as big a problem all season, whenever Pulisic or CHO wasn't on form trying to break down the low block teams was becoming next to impossible, we really missed that standout magic Hazard gave us to grind these teams down (for example, the WHU home games this season and last were similar type of performances only last season Hazard danced through half the side to get that crucial breakthrough) and replacing that is every bit as crucial as any defensive reinforcement. 

1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

Honestly we have got to be the worst set of fans in the entire sporting world. Fickle to the core, ungrateful and pathetic.

Who are you to take the moral high ground about how fans behave ?. If you don't like it either don't read it or support someone else. Every fan has the right to slag off his team it happens everywhere on every football forum and social media. Of course it's over the top sometimes emotions run high but fuck no way am I going to let someone like you make sweeping statements about Chelsea fans stay in your lane mate.

15 minutes ago, Mana said:

I don’t understand why you’re bringing Arsenal to this.

I kept Werner. But that defense kills games before we can even begin. 0-0, then a brain fart from our defense and we are 1-0 down and the opposition suddenly becomes less open and harder to break down. 

It’s not that I disagree with this, I do agree. It’s just how many points we could have gotten if our defense wasn’t a pisstake THIS season.

WHU away, if our defense wasn’t shite we would have actually gotten the 3 points.

SHU away, if our defense wasn’t shite we would have gotten a point.

Even Liverpool away, if our defense wasn’t so easy for Liverpool to breakthrough, we would have a chance.

The defense can kill our game plans much faster than the attack.

But there's also games like Arsenal home, Bournemouth home, West Ham home, Leicester home where any defensive mistakes would have been amusing sidenotes in comfortable victories had we killed the game off, those games alone should be an extra 8-9 ish points with our new signings. There's even games like Villa at home and Watford away where we blew them away in general play but the games ended up nail biters due to our wastefulness. Even some defensively chaotic games like Palace became that way in the first place due to us not finishing them off (we should have been 4 up before Zaha's strike).

I don't argue we need defensive changes to ultimately challenge for the title (unless a best of a bad bunch season comes about), but with an attack that takes it's chances and a keeper like Onana in goal I think improving by 10 points is very much a realist aim and that's even assuming we don't sign any defenders, which I'm sure we will.

38 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Who are you to take the moral high ground about how fans behave ?. If you don't like it either don't read it or support someone else. Every fan has the right to slag off his team it happens everywhere on every football forum and social media. Of course it's over the top sometimes emotions run high but fuck no way am I going to let someone like you make sweeping statements about Chelsea fans stay in your lane mate.

And who the fuck are you to stop me. If others have a right to say any assenine thing they want about our manager then I have a right to call them out. 

I did not get personal or have abused them. 

So piss off. I will say whatever the fuck I want. No need to stick your nose in others business. If you don't like my post, ignore it, take your own advice and piss off. Stop trying to act like you are a  representation of every Chelsea fan. You are nothing. Understand that.

9 minutes ago, Mana said:

Well Arsenal home, we actually took the lead TWICE...it's up to the defense to protect those leads. They didn't. Same with Leicester, failed to protect the lead.

No, it only became nailbiters because we knew what our defense was all about. We knew that defense is a massive liability. Even Norwich home when we won 1-0 was a nailbiter, not just  because we couldn't break Norwich further down, but it's because of our defense! Back in the day, 1-0 up and we looked comfortable. We knew how to protect the lead. We can't now.

They scored from an unlucky slip and a half chance other than that couldn't get in the danger areas let alone score, the fact it ended 2-2 was not the defense fault (apart from Emerson for not kicking out despite Mount screaming at him too). Likewise with Norwich, we wasted a lot of good chances while Norwich created jack, had that ended 1-1 I wouldn't have blamed the defense even if one of them did a Varane Vs City.

Leicester yes was a bit of a horror show, but the point being we should have killed them in the first half hour to which point they'd have played damage limitations and move on to the next one.

16 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

And who the fuck are you to stop me. If others have a right to say any assenine thing they want about our manager then I have a right to call them out. 

I did not get personal or have abused them. 

So piss off. I will say whatever the fuck I want. No need to stick your nose in others business. If you don't like my post, ignore it, take your own advice and piss off. Stop trying to act like you are a  representation of every Chelsea fan. You are nothing. Understand that.

You say we are the worst fans in the world how many Chelsea fans do you know personally none and I'm not talking about your buddies on Facebook. You have no idea about what Chelsea fans are like apart from a few posts on here you don't agree with and you go on a rabid tirade about us. And spare us the fucking American analogies about waving pitchforks we're a London football team mate not a hick town in Alabama. 

3 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

You say we are the worst fans in the world how many Chelsea fans do you know personally none and I'm not talking about your buddies on Facebook. You have no idea about what Chelsea fans are like apart from a few posts on here you don't agree with and you go on a rabid tirade about us. And spare us the fucking American analogies about waving pitchforks we're a London football team mate not a hick town in Alabama. 

Hahahah. Pathetic again. So only the 40k fans going to the game know other fans. 

Like I said, piss off with "I am a better fan than you because I am in uk" tirade. It's just sad and pathetic. Entitled. Just because you were born in a particular country does not give you any god given rights, understood?

I know penalty of fans. Fans groups across the country. Have a lot of disagreements and discussions with them. But Luckily none of them are as pathetic as you who have just one point in each discussion. 

www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/jurgen-klopp-believes-liverpool-will-win-the-title-in-the-next-four-years-and-describes-himself-as-a6687446.html%3famp

The current best manager of the current best team on the planet. 

He wanted 4 years, but we have judged our manager and players, who widely had a successful season as not good enough, after just one. 

GG guys, GG

Haven’t seen a pre-season thread but does anyone know when it starts?

The league starts in a month, so I guess players will go on holiday for no more than two weeks, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, that is the plan. Our pre season will be against the same teams we faced in our pre season post covid friendlies

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Knew was bad but didn't realise that bad..nor that the defending the Man U game was how we were going to play...huge problem to sort out and not that long either really.

It might be personnel as well but the coaching is def all wrong. There is no sense of doing the basics at all, im certain we can defend better than this even with these players.

To be quite frank (No pun intended), I think having a defensive midfielder who will sit in front of the defence will fix a lot of issues. 

Teams carve through us given the gaps there are in midfield. Completely imbalanced. Jorginho is slow and defensively poor. Kante isn't a natural holding midfielder, and Kovacic's best attribute is working out of a press. 

We have no one. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

To be quite frank (No pun intended), I think having a defensive midfielder who will sit in front of the defence will fix a lot of issues. 

Teams carve through us given the gaps there are in midfield. Completely imbalanced. Jorginho is slow and defensively poor. Kante isn't a natural holding midfielder, and Kovacic's best attribute is working out of a press. 

We have no one. 

If Party can be had for 50M as rumours say then we should be in for him.

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We have no one. 

Having better personnel will help but again, that will matter if the setup continues to expose the team - e.g. everyone getting ahead of the ball when in possession and leaving only the 2 CBs and maybe the DM to stop counter attacks.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Having better personnel will help but again, that will matter if the setup continues to expose the team - e.g. everyone getting ahead of the ball when in possession and leaving only the 2 CBs and maybe the DM to stop counter attacks.

I think that's the very reason as to why Lampard wants to fix the attack before the defence. Having enough quality up front to close games out in the matter Liverpool and City do on a consistent basis. 

Having enough quality will diminish our 'predictability' in the final third, which has helped teams counter us on several occasions this season.