Super Frank Thread

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

Obviously Lampard will have to get results and will not get a free pass, especially after spending a lot this summer. He knows it and has said it as much.

Those things you mentioned, however, were a long time ago though. Ancelotti arguably didn't deserve to be sacked and there have been stories that Roman regretted that decision. Roman never wanted RDM to begin with and he only made him permanent manager because of pressure from the fans. Since then, I think Roman has come to realize that he can't keep sacking manager like every 1-2 seasons because we would run out of good managers to hire and nobody would want to join us. We gave him time to turn things around but Mourinho simply had to be sacked in 2015 because of all the BS he was doing/saying and he had us near the relegation zone! Conte pretty much sacked himself really in the second season. As for Sarri, think the club would have been happy to stick with him but he wanted to go.

Good post and I agree but I do think the club is trigger happy and won't hesitate to sack the manager despite their status at the club.

2 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Unless we're in the bottom half he won't be sacked next season. We'll definitely show more patience.

Its the third year thats squeaky bum time if we still play like a basketball team

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I disagree with that, with the backing he's got there absolutely has to be an upward trajectory, 75-85 points plus a strong CL showing (go out kicking and screaming).

However winning the title is still a season too early (we will be getting in 5/6 new players asking them to immediately gel and match City/Pool's consistentcy level immediately is unrealistic), in many ways a slowish start will be better for us so to manage fan expectations, the run we had in the autumn last year led to fans getting ideas above the squad's capability (likewise with Sarri's start) and in my opinion contributed to the toxicity when the inevitable growing pains arrived.

1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

Except for Klopp and wilder which manager has had a better season?

Wouldn't vote them as Manager of the Season but Ralph Hasenhuttl and maybe Sean Dyche deserve to be nominated. Hasenhuttl could have easily been sacked after that 9-0 loss and for their poor form before that but he managed to stabilize Southampton and got them to pick up more points than Leicester since that result (44 points to Leicester's 42). As for Dyche, he again managed to lead Burnley to a comfortable mid-table finish, far away from relegation troubles, despite having way less money to spend than some of the clubs (e.g. Newcastle, Everton, West Ham). 

31 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

To keep a club like Wolves above the likes of Spurs and Arsenal is an outstanding achievement and they are still in the Europa League their first time in Europe since the early 70's.

But they were expected to be where they are. 

Point is lamps' acheivement of top4 is ridiculed by saying, "rest of the teams fucked up", should not the same apply for wolves? 

Also wolves' Europa campaign has no impact of the PL manager of the season. 

17 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

But they were expected to be where they are.

Are you seriously trying to say that Wolves were expected to finish above Spurs who had just reached the CL final and Arsenal you're taking the piss mate. Loads of clubs have had decent first seasons only to struggle the following one to keep them where they are is remarkable and mentioning the Europa League is relevant with the Thursday/ Sunday factor. How in any shape of form have Wolves fucked up this season ?

36 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Are you seriously trying to say that Wolves were expected to finish above Spurs who had just reached the CL final and Arsenal you're taking the piss mate. Loads of clubs have had decent first seasons only to struggle the following one to keep them where they are is remarkable and mentioning the Europa League is relevant with the Thursday/ Sunday factor. How in any shape of form have Wolves fucked up this season ?

No. But they were expected to be in the top 7 and Europa league hunt, rigjt? Or is that taking the piss too? Arsenal and spurs had a very bad campaign, but that on them. In 15/16, you can't say, a manager had a successful season because he "finished above chelsea". 

If you go back again and read properly what I wrote, wolves finished exactly where people expected them to. We did not. We were not supposed to be in top 6, maybe even top 8 by the expextations of our own fans. Get it?

Also, where did I mention "wolves fucked up". Why are you putting words in my mouth. 

As for Europa, never understood the hype between Thursday and Sunday. Well it's also Wednesday and Saturday for CL clubs or sunday and tuesday. Every club playing CL/EL face this issue. 

16 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

No. But they were expected to be in the top 7 and Europa league hunt, rigjt? Or is that taking the piss too? Arsenal and spurs had a very bad campaign, but that on them. In 15/16, you can't say, a manager had a successful season because he "finished above chelsea". 

If you go back again and read properly what I wrote, wolves finished exactly where people expected them to. We did not. We were not supposed to be in top 6, maybe even top 8 by the expextations of our own fans. Get it?

Also, where did I mention "wolves fucked up". Why are you putting words in my mouth. 

As for Europa, never understood the hype between Thursday and Sunday. Well it's also Wednesday and Saturday for CL clubs or sunday and tuesday. Every club playing CL/EL face this issue. 

How long have you followed football since Pulisic signed for Chelsea ?. Promoted clubs can have a first good season and then struggle in their second they haven't and no one was expecting them to do as well as the first season they were promoted (although I doubt you knew this with you're season long interest in soccer as no doubt you called it up until recently), Anyone who didn't think Chelsea wouldn't finish in the top six is being disingenuous it's too easy to say I'll be happy with a top ten finish it was utter bollocks and just an insincere soundbite.

Point is lamps' acheivement of top4 is ridiculed by saying, "rest of the teams fucked up", should not the same apply for wolves?

That's what you posted I haven't put words into your mouth. It's not hype at all mate you travel to somewhere like Russia get back to on a Friday morning to then have to play at lunchtime on a Sunday lunchtime at  Newcastle and clubs like Wolves have far smaller squads then teams in the Champions League.Their season started on July 25th and will be still going on Monday if that's not an achievement I don't know what is.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/08/06/3-reasons-wolves-deserve-more-credit-for-impressive-2019-20-season/

15 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

How long have you followed football since Pulisic signed for Chelsea ?. Promoted clubs can have a first good season and then struggle in their second they haven't and no one was expecting them to do as well as the first season they were promoted (although I doubt you knew this with you're season long interest in soccer as no doubt you called it up until recently), Anyone who didn't think Chelsea wouldn't finish in the top six is being disingenuous it's too easy to say I'll be happy with a top ten finish it was utter bollocks and just an insincere soundbite.

That's what you posted I haven't put words into your mouth. It's not hype at all mate you travel to somewhere like Russia get back to on a Friday morning to then have to play at lunchtime on a Sunday lunchtime at  Newcastle and clubs like Wolves have far smaller squads then teams in the Champions League.Their season started on July 25th and will be still going on Monday if that's not an achievement I don't know what is.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/08/06/3-reasons-wolves-deserve-more-credit-for-impressive-2019-20-season/

I have been following Chelsea since ballack. And what the hell has that got to do with anything? Wolves was no ordinary, "just came back up from championship team to go down to championship" club. They went for some quality players and got them. Generalizing wolves just because Norwich went back down or some other club did not perform well in 2nd season is bullshit.

Taking digs at my soccer knowledge is weird and indicative of bullish behaviour but what can one expect of an asinine person as yourself, who just can't take to be questioned probably "because I am a brit". 

"Anyone who didn't think Chelsea wouldn't finish in the top six is being disingenuous it's too easy to say I'll be happy with a top ten finish it was utter bollocks and just an insincere soundbite"

Go back to this thread and read some of the comments. Go and check out the too 6 predictions by pundits who surely "hav had more interest in football" right. Oh well, talking about facts does not seem to be the norm with you though, is it?

"Point is lamps' acheivement of top4 is ridiculed by saying, "rest of the teams fucked up", should not the same apply for wolves?"

cant you understand English? Or has your immense footballing knowledge muddied your basic cognitive skills? If lamps' acheivement of top4 is shot down by saying arsenal and spurs had a bad season, should not the same logic apply to wolves. That their 7th place finish was just a result of other teams fucking up. Understand now? 

An acheivement to be playing next Monday? Which included a 3 month break? That's a weird acheivement but I am sure long standing football fans like yourselves must have some other inhumanly criteria and measurements of "acheivements". I mean by the same logic OLE should be manager of the season, discounting the fact about the millions he spent to barelt qualify in top4. As for travelling, surely must be such a pain in the ass to travel business clas with all the leisures, stay in 5 star hotels, acheive what you wree expected to and then somehow become "one of the best managers of the season". Lol

13 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

cant you understand English?

Yes and I even know how to spell achievement mate. Try travelling anywhere as a fan (ha ha ) on a Chelsea away trip and have a few beers don't get pissed (not the septic tank version of the word pissed) fly home and then travel 200 miles a couple of days later and go to work. Just because their athletes and will be flying in luxury planes doesn't mean it doesn't tax you physically and mentally. Of course they've had a break since CV but to start pre-season before everyone else and still be playing Monday is a massive achievement (I before E )

15 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Yes and I even know how to spell achievement mate. Try travelling anywhere as a fan (ha ha ) on a Chelsea away trip and have a few beers don't get pissed (not the septic tank version of the word pissed) fly home and then travel 200 miles a couple of days later and go to work. Just because their athletes and will be flying in luxury planes doesn't mean it doesn't tax you physically and mentally. Of course they've had a break since CV but to start pre-season before everyone else and still be playing Monday is a massive achievement (I before E )

Oh wow. Got me where it hurts. Spellings. Damn!!! Unfortunately spellings can't help people in comprehending a paragraph as was evident.

So you are saying you have had to travel on a Friday night to your hometown, spending time with your family over the weekend and then back to your work city in the wee hours of Monday morning and go to office? Well I have had to deal with a few of such consignments, can't say it's a deal breaker or that I should have got "employee of the year" due to that. 

Well your bar/benchmark of "acheivement" seems to quite low. 

17 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Oh wow. Got me where it hurts. Spellings. Damn!!! Unfortunately spellings can't help people in comprehending a paragraph as was evident.

So you are saying you have had to travel on a Friday night to your hometown, spending time with your family over the weekend and then back to your work city in the wee hours of Monday morning and go to office? Well I have had to deal with a few of such consignments, can't say it's a deal breaker or that I should have got "employee of the year" due to that. 

Well your bar/benchmark of "acheivement" seems to quite low. 

But asking an Englishman if he understands English is setting the benchmark of course and you still didn't even spell achievement  right. I don't know how to put it into a context you'd understand stupid of me to think you'd ever travel to see your team play carrying your laptop from the kitchen to the bedroom is about you're limit. Interesting that a team you profess to support for 16 years you only join a forum when we buy an American player.

Anyway mate I'm getting ready to go to the pub to see if we can claw back this 3-0 what about you are you going to watch the soccer with some corn dogs and grits yee ha 

2 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

But asking an Englishman if he understands English is setting the benchmark of course and you still didn't even spell achievement  right. I don't know how to put it into a context you'd understand stupid of me to think you'd ever travel to see your team play carrying your laptop from the kitchen to the bedroom is about you're limit. Interesting that a team you profess to support for 16 years you only join a forum when we buy an American player.

Anyway mate I'm getting ready to go to the pub to see if we can claw back this 3-0 what about you are you going to watch the soccer with some corn dogs and grits yee ha 

Only if going to watch a game actually gave you a decent understanding of the game. Does not look like that happens. Sad to see when someone goes down the "I go to watch a game route", not a good look. Smacks of desperation as barely have a point to make.

So joining a forum is a compulsory measure of being a fan? Well, you are a true fan. Go to shedend, you will find me there, unfortunately has become so hopelessly negative. Don't worry, got a lot of people like you who have 0 knowledge and points other than "I go to games".

"But asking an Englishman if he understands English is setting the benchmark of course and you still didn't even spell achievement  right"

If the Englishman can't understand basic English, then sure, I will. Are you still confused if I said tht wolves screwed up?

The credit Wolves get is warranted, they are consistent and a pain to deal with. Nuno is an astute manager for sure. Yes the league this season was shit, yes spurs and arsenal etc were below standards but I take nothing away from them. SU as well done very well must be said. We all know Klopp will get it anyway.

18 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

The credit Wolves get is warranted, they are consistent and a pain to deal with. Nuno is an astute manager for sure. Yes the league this season was shit, yes spurs and arsenal etc were below standards but I take nothing away from them. SU as well done very well must be said. We all know Klopp will get it anyway.

Obviously, they are a solid team. But just don't think nuno warranted a nomination ahead of klopp, Rodgers, FL or wilder for the current season

1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

Obviously, they are a solid team. But just don't think nuno warranted a nomination ahead of klopp, Rodgers, FL or wilder for the current season

I dont take these awards seriously anyway, its horse shit. Just like their poty and toty and all that. The question is could Nuno do what FL did this season if he had our squad?