Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Super Frank Thread

Jas
Followers 9

perfect summary from that Thiago article

Lampard has every reason to be confident that he can trust Silva going forward, but the broader hellscape of Chelsea’s defending under his management cannot be explained as a series of perfect storms: that’s now one clean sheet in 21 Premier League away matches (December’s 2-0 win at Tottenham Hotspur) since he took charge, and six goals conceded in the first three league matches of this season to follow the startling tally of 54 given up in 2019-20. On top of it all, his latest change of marking system doesn’t seem to have improved the team’s ability to survive opposition corners.

• Like 2
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't actually believe how well coached we are. Puts it in further perspective when you see the garbage United and Arsenal are spewing. I love the fact Frank isn't so stubborn to try and do it

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at time

Our pressing game was superb, and made all the difference today! 4-3-3 with Mount and Havertz to harass opponents and Kante to sweep up behind...that's the way to go. And we have two bombing

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Terry seems to be having a real impact on Villas defence, they are much tighter lately

and JT always did have a pair on him

Chelsea hero John Terry back at spiritual home | Sport | The Times

lolol

zero chance he would accept some of this assclownish defending

He would rip them a new one, he was a no nonsense defender, always giving his best, always leading, always took one for the team physically or otherwise.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Exclusive: Lampard fury as Alonso tries to watch second half on bus, not with team

https://theathletic.com/2099233/2020/09/28/alonso-marcos-lampard-bus/

marcos-alonso-lampard-bus-row-e1601309311142.jpg

Chelsea coach Frank Lampard handed Marcos Alonso a furious dressing down in front of his team-mates after the left-back tried to watch the second half of their game at West Brom on the team coach rather than with the rest of the substitutes.

Multiple sources have told The Athletic that Lampard confronted Alonso following the 3-3 draw on Saturday evening having discovered he went to the bus on his own without permission after being taken off at half-time.

Alonso was one of two players changed at the interval. Mateo Kovacic also paid the price for a disastrous 45 minutes from the visitors, who trailed Slaven Bilic’s side 3-0.

But while the Croatia midfielder took his place in the stands with the rest of Chelsea’s contingent to watch proceedings in the second half as normal, it is understood Alonso went to the team coach after taking a shower.

Observers at the game did spot the 29-year-old within 10-15 minutes of the restart back inside the confines of the ground, but were surprised to see him in a different area to where the away group are expected to be, especially with strict COVID-19 protocols in place.

Insiders have described Lampard as being “the angriest they’ve ever seen him” as he lambasted Alonso for his actions in front of stunned team-mates. It is believed the Chelsea boss made a point of saying how while the side had shown great togetherness, determination and character to fight back from three goals down to earn a point, the Spain international had shown he wasn’t bothered about the team and that he made the situation all about him.

One source explains: “The players were saying they have never seen the manager like this. It kicked off after the game and he was going mad at Alonso. Some were talking about how they’d be surprised if he plays for Chelsea ever again.”

It was no surprise Lampard chose to replace Alonso with Cesar Azpilicueta at the break after he was guilty of errors for two of West Brom’s goals. His tame header straight to Matheus Pereira led to Callum Robinson being set up for the opening strike in the fourth minute. He also left Kyle Bartley unmarked following a flick on at a corner and the West Brom defender found the net with ease at the back post to make it 3-0 to the home side.

Thiago Silva slipped up for the second goal to allow Robinson through, but Lampard did seem to single out Alonso for criticism during an interview with Sky Sports after the final whistle.

Asked if they were the kind of goals he’s trying to eradicate at the moment, he replied: “Yes. They were clear mistakes. The first one Marcos heads it into the middle of the pitch for them for a transition. Thiago’s one is a mistake. He’s been around long enough to know that and we will certainly give him that one in his first game. And then Marcos loses his man for the third goal from the corner, a clear mistake. You can do as many meetings as you want, if you are going to make those mistakes you give yourself a mountain to climb.”

Is that really a quote from Lamp on the third goal? 

8 minutes ago, communicate said:

If the Athletic printed it, I would seem so. They are as reliable a Chels source as there is atm. They would never be so foolish to make something up out of thin air, as it would instantly burn all their connections, which are numerous.

Yes, it's accurate if I'm remembering the interview right. To clarify, he wasn't talking about alonso giving himself a mountain to climb to get in to the team or something like that. He meant that when you make mistakes like we did for the goals, you are making a mountain for yourself to climb to get a result in the game.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

Terry seems to be having a real impact on Villas defence, they are much tighter lately

and JT always did have a pair on him

Chelsea hero John Terry back at spiritual home | Sport | The Times

lolol

zero chance he would accept some of this assclownish defending

I wonder why JT was at the ground today?

EDIT

Seems he just stopped by for a picture in his daily run as they were at Fulham.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

If the Athletic printed it, I would seem so. They are as reliable a Chels source as there is atm. They would never be so foolish to make something up out of thin air, as it would instantly burn all their connections, which are numerous.

59 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

Yes, it's accurate if I'm remembering the interview right. To clarify, he wasn't talking about alonso giving himself a mountain to climb to get in to the team or something like that. He meant that when you make mistakes like we did for the goals, you are making a mountain for yourself to climb to get a result in the game.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

"And then Marcos loses his man for the third goal from the corner, a clear mistake. 

I thought on the third goal, you can see our defensive line step up, james was the one left otherwise it was offside any day. 

I don't know how you can blame Alonso there 

50 minutes ago, communicate said:

"And then Marcos loses his man for the third goal from the corner, a clear mistake. 

I thought on the third goal, you can see our defensive line step up, james was the one left otherwise it was offside any day. 

I don't know how you can blame Alonso there 

Because alonso lost his man who headed it for bartley to tap in. 

37 minutes ago, communicate said:

Those two man at the back should not be guarded

Screenshot_20200929-115108_YouTube.jpg

A player should also not be given a free header. Which was the inital and more brutal mistake. Once the header is won, the ball can go straight into willy's hand, out of play, in goal or a very lucky straight to bartley. Who is that no.3 of ours marking in the picture. 

Just now, Puliiszola said:

A player should also not be given a free header. Which was the inital and more brutal mistake. Once the header is won, the ball can go straight into willy's hand, out of play, in goal or a very lucky straight to bartley. Who is that no.3 of ours marking in the picture. 

It is enigmatic that Alonso despite how tall he is always loses his aerial duel against opposition similar scenario played out last season against Liverpool...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

Alonso was marking Bartley and he let him go. And he should be, it was 100% offside. 

9 minutes ago, communicate said:

Alonso was marking Bartley and he let him go. And he should be, it was 100% offside. 

Alonso was not marking Bartley as far as i remember, he was marking the guy who won the first header.

12 minutes ago, prehuman said:

Burn Kepa, Burn Tomori, Burn Rudiger, Burn Zouma, Burn Jorginho, Burn Kanté, Burn Alonso, Burn Emerson, Burn Christensen, Burn all but the one responsible for all of them.

I wouldnt miss 5 of those and the others I would love to upgrade.

Just now, prehuman said:

A weak coach makes his players look worse than they are.

Agree totally and he needs to learn from HIS mistakes,

But it wont male those players any the better. And if we are serious about winning this league we need to be ruthless.

Tho I do think that spirit and playing as a unit means everything.

Frank Lampard has used 20 DIFFERENT defensive lineups in 41 Premier League games at Chelsea... finding a reliable back four is his biggest task after latest calamity at West Brom

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8781033/Frank-Lampard-used-20-DIFFERENT-defensive-lineups-41-Premier-League-games-Chelsea.html

• Like 2