Super Frank Thread

9 hours ago, DANILA said:

arrogant and cocky f*cks, half their squad was unknown 3 years ago

yep, more than half (and this does show what a good manager Klopp is btw)

in summer 2017

this is what they were coming off of

Alisson Roma backup keeper (who I was screaming to buy based off what I had seen then and been told by my Brasilian mates)

VVD coming off injury plagued year at SOTON

Joe Gomez youth team barely had gotten a sniff at the dippers

Joël Matip injury plagued first season at the dippers, some were already calling or his head

Dejan Lovren  often was the target for their fans, injury plagued poor season overall

Roberston, coming off an oki, but hardly great season at Hull

TAA youth team mostly, 162 league minutes (in his defence, you could already see he was a baller, but hardly well known)

Fabinho coming off the Mbappe team was known, but was hardly considered the star there

Jordan Henderson coming off back to back very injury plagued (26 and 27 games only, all comps) years, many at Anfield were calling for his head

Milner  played all season out of position as a right footed LB, was getting major stick

Georginio Wijnaldum coming off a decent first year at the dippers

Naby Keïta coming off a great debut season at Leipzig, but your average fan here had probably never heard of him

Adam Lallana coming off his best (and hardly great -8 goals) season at the dippers, and even then, it has injury-plagued, and he never really recovered

OX 2016-17 was his best season ever at Arse, but missed almost the entire next year with a bad injury, never really hit that level again (and was still a year removed from the dippers) he was a well known player at least

Mane  coming off his first season (injury plagued-I think we see a pattern here) at the dippers, but you already could see he was a star (13 goals, all EPL, in 29 games, all comps (27 in the EPL), the next season he went WC

Salah  coming off the Roma season that earned him the Victimpool transfer, still, very much NOT  super famous YET player (that occured his crazy 2017-18  44 goal season, which he will never duplicate, I think)

Xherdan Shaqiri  a 4 goal all comps blahhhh at Stoke

Divock Origi coming off a decent, but not great year at the dippers, was loaned out in summer 2017 to Wolfsburg

Roberto Firmino coming off a decent, but hardly WC season at the dippers, although you could see he was a baller

so yes 15 (basically the entire core of the team except for Mane, Winajdum, and Firmino) of them were not even there yet or had hardly played or were loaned out or were meh or injured (Henderson especially if you count injuries AT the dippers) or played out of position (Milner)

48 minutes ago, Mana said:

It’s obvious that Lamps won’t be sacked regardless of what happens this season now, even if the very worse case scenario happens.

Lets be honest, Lamps was never fit to wear that Chelsea suit before he joined us. But despite his failures at Derby, the board saw something in him (mostly because he’s a club legend but something else...) and what we are today is because the board took a gamble with Lampard THIS early.

Out of curiosity what position and points total do you think this squad (which you compared unfavorably to even Arsenal at the start of this season) should be hitting?

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Out of curiosity what position and points total do you think this side (who you compared unfavorably to even Arsenal at the start of this season) should be hitting?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I had us down for 74 to 76 points at the end, and 3rd or 4th

now taking the blown games (draws and wins) and then subtracting out some of the wins/draws that surprised me

then further cutting that point total in HALF (to be conservative) I come up with 12 points shit away

so

add 12 to 63

75 (ie a draw with Wolves gives us 76, so right spot on my target)

ergo, we shit away net 12 points or so from both my pre season projection AND reality

those 12 lost points often came down to 5 players who are the most to blame (plus Lamps)

4 of them super disappointing (as I had hope)

KEPA (ffs) AC, Zouma, Rudiger, and then Emerson (not shocking he was shit, just shocking how shit he was, and forced Azpi to play LB (thus crushing our offence on the left until Pulisic blew up) when Alonso (a pleasant surprise) could not have a go

the others not listed either played oki or are youth or are coming off injuries, plus a few who just are nt right for the team (like Jorginho)

bonus bad news

Kante being rammed in (this is on Lamps) to wrong position far to often and constantly being injured

I think that is a fair take, and some of those losses and draws were just HORRID (the 2 West Ham games, the Bournemouth loss at home, the Bournemouth draw, and especially the last kick of game loss to NUFC, <<<< there is 14 points dropped right there not even counting any of the other cock-ups (and BTW, I did NOT include the Manure 4 nil, the Everton smashing of us, nor the SU loss, as shit happens with a young team on occasion, and the games were not really close and finally remember I cut my total shit-away points in half anyway, just to be realistic)

Regarding the points and looking at the losses and draws we have this season, I think we could have had another 12-14 points at least. While I know it doesn’t always work like that I do feel we missed an opportunity with some of these which is disappointing and not ideal. Before the season started I felt top 4 should of definitely been achievable regardless of the manager and still think if we had an Allegri or even Sarri we would of gotten more points with this squad. Even under Conte that second year finishing 5th was a disappointment. 

it is a process though and I think now next season we have to get another 12-18 points on top of this seasons total at least. I dont think theres many excuses for next year even with the backline because the offensive players coming in has got me thinking we will be more clinical, particularly Werners arrival. He should get like 15 goals next season. Plus Ziyech can get on the scoresheet and Pulisic will kick on again. It may not make us title challengers and the defence will also be a reason as to why if it isn’t significantly improved or sorted on, there is enough optimism  for us to get more points. 

Frank Lampard takes fresh shot at 'smirking' Liverpool staff he claims 'crossed the line'

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has taken further shots at Liverpool after his row with Jurgen Klopp

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lampard-klopp-row-liverpool-chelsea-18660712

here we go

those fuckers are now playing the victim card, as is their nature

typical scum, they act like asses, then try and turn it around and paint the other party the bad guy

(Lampard) what my feeling was the bench at Liverpool, or one person in particular, was absolutely crossing that line so that became arrogant to me."

Klopp has since responded by saying that Lampard has much to learn in management and it was 'not OK' for him to carry the baggage into his post-match media commitments.

let's name names

guaranteed it was some of this lot

Assistant: Peter Krawietz (he is a real tosser, I am sure he was one of the them, the call him Klopp's Eye, he is the 'hard man')

Assistant: Pepijn Lijnders

Goalkeeper Coach: John Achterberg

Head of fitness and conditioning: Andreas Kornmayer

Medical rehab and performance manager: Philipp Jacobsen

Head Physio: Lee Nobes

First Team Physio: Christopher Rohrbeck 

First Team Physio: Jose Luis Rodriguez

Assistant Physio: Joe Lewis

Team doctor: Andy Massey (doubt is was him)

First-team assistant goalkeeping coach: Jack Robinson

Kit management co-ordinator: Lee Radcliffe

Kit man/co-ordinator: Graham Carter

Elite development coach: Vitor Matos

First-team fitness coach: Conall Murtagh

Fitness coach: Tm King

Assistant Fitness coach: Jordan Fairclough

Rehabilitation fitness coach: David Rydings

Head of opposition analysis: Greg Mathieson (ex Hammer)

Assistant Opposition analyst: James French

First-team post-match analyst: Mark Leyland

Masseur: Paul Small

Peter Krawietz

Behind the Badge: Peter Krawietz's journey from critiquing Klopp ...Image

4 hours ago, Mana said:

It’s obvious that Lamps won’t be sacked regardless of what happens this season now, even if the very worse case scenario happens.

Lets be honest, Lamps was never fit to wear that Chelsea suit before he joined us. But despite his failures at Derby, the board saw something in him (mostly because he’s a club legend but something else...) and what we are today is because the board took a gamble with Lampard THIS early.

Lets be real, if Lamps wasn’t a club legend, #LAMPSOUT will be happening by now.

I have no problems Lamps becoming our coach. What my problem is the whole squad is raw and old for Lamps to takeover. Lamps doesn’t have enough experience.

Some players won’t go an extra mile for their mistakes. Players don’t have the brains to think for example, “Azpi is too short for that West Ham player...better stick my neck out and help Azpi”. Some players are just too lazy or couldn’t be bothered. No leadership.

When you add all this, of course our season is going to end up the way it is. Lamps is naive, not learning from his mistakes, dropping in and out players when we need consistency but sadly, no one on that pitch is brave enough to point it out to him or go the extra mile to cover up for him. Or they were brave, but Lamps may have dropped them for undermining him.

Pulisic with Werner and Ziyech could help Lamps cover his poor attacking tactics for some games, but if the defence is more or less the same next season I’ll not be surprised if we lose 3-4 to teams like Leeds or Sheffield Utd.

Lamps is extremely poor with his defensive tactics and without a proper CB that organises the defense or not hiring a defensive coach...or even improving his tactics MAJORLY, he could see himself sacked end of next season because I promise you - that defense (and Kepa) is going to kill us. In fact, it’s killing us now. I have never seen a Chelsea defense as bad as this in my life.

You again just what is your problem with Lamps.

If your not prepared to give him time to sort things out go elsewhere then

As for not seeing a defence this bad you aint been around long enough then.

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

If your not prepared to give him time to sort things out go elsewhere then

Oh, you probably do not realize the depth of this. You may be more right than you actually think.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Frank Lampard takes fresh shot at 'smirking' Liverpool staff he claims 'crossed the line'

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has taken further shots at Liverpool after his row with Jurgen Klopp

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lampard-klopp-row-liverpool-chelsea-18660712

here we go

those fuckers are now playing the victim card, as is their nature

typical scum, they act like asses, then try and turn it around and paint the other party the bad guy

And the media will be on pool's side of course......we really need to kill these cunts next season.

Just now, Mana said:

Yes I'm aware of that. If we win, Lampard has met my expected points total. One of the top two worst seasons I've ever experienced, yet he gets that total.

And I'll be ready to get some stick here if he does reach it. If.

But if we draw and finish top4 with 64 points you will never forgive him that one point :P

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Regarding the points and looking at the losses and draws we have this season, I think we could have had another 12-14 points at least. While I know it doesn’t always work like that I do feel we missed an opportunity with some of these which is disappointing and not ideal. Before the season started I felt top 4 should of definitely been achievable regardless of the manager and still think if we had an Allegri or even Sarri we would of gotten more points with this squad. Even under Conte that second year finishing 5th was a disappointment. 

it is a process though and I think now next season we have to get another 12-18 points on top of this seasons total at least. I dont think theres many excuses for next year even with the backline because the offensive players coming in has got me thinking we will be more clinical, particularly Werners arrival. He should get like 15 goals next season. Plus Ziyech can get on the scoresheet and Pulisic will kick on again. It may not make us title challengers and the defence will also be a reason as to why if it isn’t significantly improved or sorted on, there is enough optimism  for us to get more points. 

Retrospectively yes! But before the season no one could expect us to have more points than last season.

72 we had with Sarri. Transfer ban, losing best player (many called us one man team) plus Luiz and first striker Morata/Higuain. RLC one of the best players last season was out this season as well.

Only way we get top4 this season was other teams underperform massively. And luckily this happened. Spurs were always about to finish above us just like UTD because they spent big money.

About Werner... 15 goals? LOL this is Abraham level.

Golden boot next season or nothing.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Retrospectively yes! But before the season no one could expect us to have more points than last season.

72 we had with Sarri. Transfer ban, losing best player (many called us one man team) plus Luiz and first striker Morata/Higuain. RLC one of the best players last season was out this season as well.

Only way we get top4 this season was other teams underperform massively. And luckily this happened. Spurs were always about to finish above us just like UTD because they spent big money.

About Werner... 15 goals? LOL this is Abraham level.

Golden boot next season or nothing.

Well it depends if he plays tucked inside on the left or through the middle. First season as well I would expect some slight teething issues maybe too fitting him in either through the middle or on the left. 

8 hours ago, Mana said:

65-70 points. Again, it’s the same squad we had last season minus Hazard and Luiz, plus Pulisic.

I think you are dismissing just how important Hazard was last season. Sarri was able to set up in a safer, more defensive manner in the second half of the season looking to control and keep possession across the defence and midfield because we had arguably the best attacker in the league this last decade. As an example look at last season's home game against West Ham, it was very similar to this year the difference being some magic from Hazard to open them up. Hazard literally carried us throughout the season.

Not including own goals, the squad only scored 61 goals in the league last season. This included 16 goals from Hazard, 6 from Loftus-Cheek, 5 from Morata and 5 from Higuain. That is over half of our Premier League goals last season not available to Lampard this season. Add another 3 for David Luiz and it's even worse.

Pedro had 8 and although Lampard probably should have tried to use him more this season, he was starting to decline last season and when he was playing in the early part of this season I felt he was pretty poor. The player with the next best was Kante on 4 and he has had an injury ravaged season. 

Whilst I would agree that there is definitely some naivety to Lampard's tactics at times, he had to make changes in order for us to carry an attacking threat this season, losing that amount of goals. That has opened us up and left us susceptible to being counter attacked but again, I do feel that whilst nowhere near perfect, the gung ho nature of our play earlier in the season has been toned down as the season has progressed and we are being massively hindered by some poor errors and decisions defensively and, more importantly, a goalkeeper who has completely lost the plot. 

The squad at Sarri's disposal last season wasn't that great either. It was a squad that had been 'strengthened' over the last 2 seasons based on a back 3 formation and system and had failed to make the top 4 in 2 of the previous 3 seasons. 

I felt at the start of the season that if we could keep top 6 amongst what I assumed to be the usual other 5 teams then it would have been a positive season. I think if we can now keep top 4 this season that would be an excellent effort, with the possibility of a cup being the icing on the cake.

I think Lampard has shown enough this season that there are the makings of a very good coach with some of the results we've picked up over the season and he deserves to bring his own players in for next season. I'm very impressed with the players he has moved for, especially if we pick up Havertz. He easily could have spat his dummy out in January with no signings but given who we've moved for rather than making stop gaps, it's definitely the right call whether we get top 4 or not in my opinion. 

Ziyech, Werner and hopefully Havertz added to what we already have in the squad should leave our attack set for years. I don't expect us to fill every hole this summer, but if Lampard can replace Kepa and add something to the back line this summer also then I think there will be significant improvements next year.