Super Frank Thread

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

What the hell has happened to Chels, we used to be this rock, a defence and shape made of flipping iron.....I so miss that.

A lot of it is to do with Kepa. We have only conceded the 3rd least amount of shots on target. Kepa has statistically let in 13 more goals than an average GK would've done on similar shots. 

After that, it is the CB's as ours are: 

AC: Mentally and physically weak. 

Zouma: Naive with his positioning and clumsy. 

Rudiger: Very low football IQ and rash. 

Tomori: Raw and over plays in dangerous positions. 

33 minutes ago, King Kante said:

A lot of it is to do with Kepa. We have only conceded the 3rd least amount of shots on target. Kepa has statistically let in 13 more goals than an average GK would've done on similar shots. 

After that, it is the CB's as ours are: 

AC: Mentally and physically weak. 

Zouma: Naive with his positioning and clumsy. 

Rudiger: Very low football IQ and rash. 

Tomori: Raw and over plays in dangerous positions. 

Yes all valid reasons but the shape and how we move as a unit has alot to do with it also.

On 22/07/2020 at 7:11 PM, Tomo said:

Regarding the defense, we were one of "the best" last season because Sarri played risk averse possession football after Arsenal cut us open about 6 times in 15 minutes, and people spent the season moaning about how boring it was, with this squad there's a trade off, Sarri decided to master the possession bit first whereas Lamps wants to get the attack firing first, the end result is roughly the same one-way or another, we challenge for the top four as that's where this current squad is at and it's the ceiling.

The problem I have with your opinion about Lampard is that you always come up with "yes, he is making mistakes", but at the end of the day you just dismiss most of his mistakes. For example, Lampard's biggest flaw so far is his inability to build solid defensive system, and people pointed that our defense is the same as last season (bar Luiz), but we have conceded war more goals and we look way more vulnerable, then you come up with this narrative: we looked more solid at the defense last season because Sarri played a "risk averse" football, while Lampard has this "attacking firing first" philosophy.

Lampard lack of solid defensive system has nothing to do with "attacking firing first" thing. The team concedes a LOT of goals from set-pieces, and that has nothing to with what you pointed. Lampard is not as courageous and audacious as you made him look. Yesterday the team was playing with 5 at the back (very different from Conte's strategy, because Conte played with 3 at back but with wingbacks instead of fullbacks) and yet conceded 5.

Sarri made a better job at building a defensive system, as simple as that.

14 hours ago, Henrique said:

I don't think we end the season as a solid foundation for next season. I got a positive vibe at the end of last season, as I believed Sarri had created some solid basis there. I don't have the same felling right now.

What exactly gave you a positive vibe at the end of last season?

We won only 3 of the last 9 games of the season (1 of 5 in the Premier League), we failed to score in 10 out of 35 games in 2019, we lost the player on whom the entire attacking system of the team depended, we lost Kante, Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi with big injuries.

10 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

We won only 3 of the last 9 games of the season (1 of 5 in the Premier League), we failed to score in 10 out of 35 games in 2019, we lost the player on whom the entire attacking system of the team depended, we lost Kante, Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi with big injuries.

And it was a well known fact Hazard was gone as soon as the season ended. Not to mention the transfer ban.

For Henrique to have been positive then but negative now is something I for the life of me can't understand. :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Jype said:

And it was a well known fact Hazard was gone as soon as the season ended. Not to mention the transfer ban.

For Henrique to have been positive then but negative now is something I for the life of me can't understand. :lol: 

Hes a wind up merchant -always has been. 9 times out of 10 only appears when we've lost

4 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

I think most people agree with me on this subject...

19 hours ago, Henrique said:

The problem I have with your opinion about Lampard is that you always come up with "yes, he is making mistakes", but at the end of the day you just dismiss most of his mistakes. For example, Lampard's biggest flaw so far is his inability to build solid defensive system, and people pointed that our defense is the same as last season (bar Luiz), but we have conceded war more goals and we look way more vulnerable, then you come up with this narrative: we looked more solid at the defense last season because Sarri played a "risk averse" football, while Lampard has this "attacking firing first" philosophy.

Lampard lack of solid defensive system has nothing to do with "attacking firing first" thing. The team concedes a LOT of goals from set-pieces, and that has nothing to with what you pointed. Lampard is not as courageous and audacious as you made him look. Yesterday the team was playing with 5 at the back (very different from Conte's strategy, because Conte played with 3 at back but with wingbacks instead of fullbacks) and yet conceded 5.

Sarri made a better job at building a defensive system, as simple as that.

It's context. If you look back to my posts last year I gave Sarri the benefit of the doubt for our attacking woes then same way I am Lampard with the defense, we simply don't have the squad to make both look good simultaneously.

Of course next year excuses are out, if we're conceding 50 plus league goals with a keeper and (hopefully) LB of his choice and (by the looks of things) Kante playing as DM then it will be on him and only him.

'Frank has to learn': Klopp hits out at Lampard as 'arrogance' row intensifies

Liverpool manager tells Lampard to leave issues at final whistle
Lampard regrets language used but not defending his team

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/24/frank-has-to-learn-klopp-hits-out-at-lampard-as-arrogance-row-intensifies

Jürgen Klopp has told Frank Lampard he should learn to leave his arguments on the pitch as the row over the “arrogance” of the Liverpool bench during their win against Chelsea intensified.

Lampard maintains that Liverpool’s coaching staff “crossed the line” with their behaviour at Anfield on Wednesday, although the Chelsea manager says he regrets using bad language during a touchline row with Klopp.

Footage of the incident showed an incensed Lampard losing his cool during a dispute with Klopp and Liverpool’s bench, repeatedly telling them to “fuck off”. The Chelsea manager was irate after Mateo Kovacic was penalised for the free-kick that led to Trent Alexander-Arnold’s goal and Pepijn Lijnders, Liverpool’s assistant manager, leapt from the dugout demanding punishment.

Lampard’s ire was directed mainly at Lijnders, with the pair also exchanging words in a post-match clinch. But it was the later claims of arrogance from the Chelsea manager that have angered Klopp, who insists managerial disputes should finish on the final whistle.

“You cannot hit me with something like that – or my bench with something like that – because we are not arrogant,” the Liverpool manager said on Friday.

“Frank was in a really competitive mood and I respect that a lot. You can pretty much, from my point of view, say what you want in a situation like that. For me, it’s after the game. It’s completely over. I have said a lot in the past because it is pure emotion. He came here to win the game or get a point to make sure of Champions League qualification. I respect that a lot.

“But what he has to learn is to finish it with the final whistle and he didn’t do that. Speaking after it like this is not OK. Frank has to learn. He has a lot of time to learn, he is a young coach. But he has to learn. During a game words are used – no problem at all. But at the final whistle, all the things he said … we are not arrogant. We are pretty much the opposite of arrogant in a moment like this.

“If you have arguments, you say something and you want to hurt the other person. That is how it is. No problem. The final whistle? Close the book, finish the book. That is what I don’t like.”

Lampard, however, is adamant that Liverpool’s behaviour was disrespectful and he will always passionately defend his side. “I’ve seen the video and I was obviously there, in terms of the language I used I do regret that,” he said.

“These things get replayed a lot on social media and I’m aware of that, I’ve got two young daughters on social media. So I regret that. In terms of regretting having passion to defend my team, no. I could have maybe handled it slightly differently to keep that language in. I wasn’t upset with the celebrating of the Liverpool team. Far from it. Liverpool should celebrate as much as they want.

“With the season they’ve had they can celebrate like they did after the game, like they can celebrate every goal they score. Like they celebrated when they won the league a month ago and like they’re talking about celebrating one more time with their fans.

“I would have had a beer with Jürgen Klopp and toasted what they’ve done this year. But there were things on the line I didn’t like from their bench. Not Jürgen Klopp, people behind the bench which I felt crossed the line and that’s what got me agitated. But it’s done. Emotions run high among most managers, players and fans in this game. I regret the language and move on.”

Chelsea, who will qualify for the Champions League qualification if they draw their final league game with Wolves on Sunday, could have N’Golo Kanté available. Kanté has missed the past five games with a hamstring injury.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:31 PM, Vybz Kartel said:

Personally I think he needs to be sacked for Pochettino, his a average manager at most imo. He will never really take us anywhere because he can't coach defending. 

Oh what sack Lamps and bring in a serial failure.

You do realise that we are still in transition and will be for at least another season, so get used to it.

Will you and the other knockers not get it into your heads Lamps is doing his best with what was dumped in his lap, wait and see what happens when he brings in his players in.

Also if anyone had told me 4th place and a FA cup final a start of the season then i'd ripped their hand off.