Super Frank Thread

Followers 9

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't actually believe how well coached we are. Puts it in further perspective when you see the garbage United and Arsenal are spewing. I love the fact Frank isn't so stubborn to try and do it

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at time

Our pressing game was superb, and made all the difference today! 4-3-3 with Mount and Havertz to harass opponents and Kante to sweep up behind...that's the way to go. And we have two bombing

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

And like clockwork, Lampard blaming the red 

Pretty significant moment at 0-0 don't you think?

The biggest problem Lampard has is no matter the tactics, style, philosophy we have a group of defenders who have made individual mistakes regularly. 

There were two huge mistakes today (Christensen & Kepa) which have changed and cost us the game.

One of the best defensive tacticians (certainly of this era) Mourinho has struggled like crazy getting a tune out of Spurs but look at their defence too - Dier. Ben Davies. Aurier. Lloris is hugely overrated too. 

The personnel is not helping but Lampard has made a couple of additions to our defence and a new keeper which will hopefully help sort some of these problems out.

WHY does FL get a free pass on todays game? He isn't ten years old who has just been given the job. He's had diamonds and gold bars shot at him and the football has been shit since last season.

We need to get out of this mindset of wiping the FL tears because he is a club legend...he's done some things well but he has also been shite in a lot of things.

I can't defend him much more.

• Like 4

I am honestly not convinced about Frank as a manager. He has never struck me as a real tactician, but more of a man manager. He is early in his career though, and as any player he will develop. Joining us at this point was too early though most likely, andd I hope it doesnt affect his legacy. 

Personally I will hold off on any real judgement until end of October. When we have Silva, Mendy, Chilwell, Ziyech and Pulisic available for a few games I expect the games to look much better. If we still look toothless at that point then we will for sure have an issue on our hands. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

WHY does FL get a free pass on todays game? He isn't ten years old who has just been given the job. He's had diamonds and gold bars shot at him and the football has been shit since last season.

We need to get out of this mindset of wiping the FL tears because he is a club legend...he's done some things well but he has also been shite in a lot of things.

I can't defend him much more.

Lol

Are we really cribbing about today?

What did people expect FL to do? Go gung ho without our 2 best wingers, no LB, a GK who can't stop a shot, catch a cross or pass the ball. 

FL got the tactics spot on. And it showed. Werner could have had a brace in the first half. We were solid defensively against one of the best attacking teams in the world. 

Anyone moaning today about FL needs to get his head checked and tested.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Are we really cribbing about today?

What did people expect FL to do? Go gung ho without our 2 best wingers, no LB, a GK who can't stop a shot, catch a cross or pass the ball. 

FL got the tactics spot on. And it showed. Werner could have had a brace in the first half. We were solid defensively against one of the best attacking teams in the world. 

Anyone moaning today about FL needs to get his head checked and tested.

Anyone who posts 'LOL" as a response maybe needs their head checked.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Look at this response, a typical 2020 response. Have we actually given up on debate to post shite like this?

A typical 2020 knee jerk reaction would be to say that they can't defend the manager when he does not have both his main wingers, his 1st choice lB, 1st choice CB, and a half decent gk.

Ask Klopp to play without Allison, Salah, mane, Robertson, vvd and see how good or bad they are

"Lol" was an appropriate response to an asenine post . Pathetic.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

A typical 2020 knee jerk reaction would be to say that they can't defend the manager when he does not have both his main wingers, his 1st choice lB, 1st choice CB, and a half decent gk.

Ask Klopp to play without Allison, Salah, mane, Robertson, vvd and see how good or bad they are

"Lol" was an appropriate response to an asenine post . Pathetic.

I can't believe you posted this much in response...it proves you can do it rather than fucking LOL...

Keep it up.

We were passively shithousing and the only idea to get the ball forward was to hoof it to Havertz.  

How are people defending this?
Isn't that how Chelsea always used tk play? I do not remember Barcelona tiki taka at Chelsea ever

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Isn't that how Chelsea always used tk play? I do not remember Barcelona tiki taka at Chelsea ever

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

We didn't always passively shithouse our way to a result and I don't think anyone is saying that approach under Mourinho or Conte was enjoyable either. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I can't believe you posted this much in response...it proves you can do it rather than fucking LOL...

Keep it up.

Awww. But you can't defend the manager right? 

Surprising you are able to defend yourself and your pathetic and knee jerky opinion.