Super Frank Thread

52 minutes ago, Mana said:

But...that's it. If Leno didn't give us that big break, we would have gone to lose the game 1-0 or even 2-0. We ran out of ideas.

So this isn't a good victory in my books. Love the result, but it was average/poor if you analyse the game.

If Emerson didn't give Arsenal the big break, if Mount placed his shot an inch to the side. If Tammy got his shot off (from Lamptey's pass) earlier. 

The on another day stuff works both ways.

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

He missed the shot, this is like saying what if Joe Willock got that shot on target in the 2nd half.

Mount didn't get it inch-perfect. 

What are you trying to say? If Leno didn't make that mistake, we would have won anyway? Based on what?

What I'm trying to say is he did make that mistake, we could reverse every single result in our history by saying if this that or this didn't happen.

He missed the shot, this is like saying what if Joe Willock got that shot on target in the 2nd half.
Mount didn't get it inch-perfect. 
What are you trying to say? If Leno didn't make that mistake, we would have won anyway? Based on what?
Actually, we should have gotten a Penalty and the Arsenal Player a Red Card and we would have won regardless without Leno Making a mistake.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

And Jorginho should have been sent off. And without him, we will lose control of the game again. (But he didn't get sent off)
You say we should have gotten a pen. But we didn't. There wasn't even a long VAR check, so I'm assuming you're being biased here. Guendouzi could have been sent off you said. But he wasn't.

I highly doubt that this Situation would have happened if they were playing with ten men.

For me it was a clear penalty and a yellow card

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

I don't agree, in this era the most successful teams at this moment in this country set out their philosophy, stuck to it, took the punches and gradually got in more suitable players.

Cant agree at all on this, defence for me is always nr 1. THen you build on that. What good is an attack if you leak goals all over the shop? Be hard to beat, be hard to score against and you will always have a chance the other way. Thats how I see it. I get your point but I much prefer the former.

10 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Cant agree at all on this, defence for me is always nr 1. THen you build on that. What good is an attack if you leak goals all over the shop? Be hard to beat, be hard to score against and you will always have a chance the other way. Thats how I see it. I get your point but I much prefer the former.

Because take Klopp as example, he wasn't nesseserily looking to win straight away, he was looking to build a dominant set up which he unfortunately he has done.

He ignored repeated calls to "sort his defense out" and kept going until his philosophy was perfected, I hope we go down that route, after all Mourinho decided to scrap the process, prioritize the defense and go for instant results and because of that we lost who are now arguably the two best PL players.

I'm happy Frank's sticking to his guns and not panicking with quick fixes, because the potential reward of this youth movement is incredible.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Because take Klopp as example, he wasn't nesseserily looking to win straight away, he was looking to build a dominant set up which he unfortunately he has done.

He ignored repeated calls to "sort his defense out" and kept going until his philosophy was perfected, I hope we go down that route, after all Mourinho decided to scrap the process, prioritize the defense and go for instant results and because of that we lost who are now arguably the two best PL players.

I'm happy Frank's sticking to his guns and not panicking with quick fixes, because the potential reward of this youth movement is incredible.

Just because klopp did it does not mean we or others might. Many things have to fall in place. And I bet if he had the Cash he would have fixed the issues much sooner. The pep and klopp way is not bulletproof, some may copy it, does not mean they will be as good. Im not talking about short fixes here, why cant you have a strong defence while being progressive? You can play attacking footy, you can play press footy and all that while being strong in defence.

59 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Just because klopp did it does not mean we or others might. Many things have to fall in place. And I bet if he had the Cash he would have fixed the issues much sooner. The pep and klopp way is not bulletproof, some may copy it, does not mean they will be as good. Im not talking about short fixes here, why cant you have a strong defence while being progressive? You can play attacking footy, you can play press footy and all that while being strong in defence.

There has to be a balance. You are right, there's no point having the world's best attack with the world's best defence.

But what @Tomo is saying is that the likes of Pep and Klopp refused to buckle to their ideas and philosophy despite not having the personnel in place to maximise it at first. This is where somebody like Mourinho comes into his element as he'll adapt to his players to protect areas of the team that could be exposed. It's great as a short term fix and has won him countless trophies, but it's not a long term model and is why he struggles beyond a couple of seasons anywhere.

Pep and Klopp have ensured that their philosophy is being worked on even when some of the players weren't the correct fit. When they've had the chance to bring players in to suit their style they've mostly hit a home run and have both had huge success since.

I like what Lampard has been trying to do with the team. The early part of the season showed how impressive we looked offensively. For it to fully work however you need width, similar to Klopp's style. Teams have cottoned on that restricting space centrally forces us out wide where our full backs have no offensive threat. The quicker Reece James can be integrated into the team as first choice and show on his early promise, and we buy a left back in a similar mould, we'll be a huge threat because teams will be unable to simply force us wide as we'll have threats from all areas of the pitch when attacking.

16 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

There has to be a balance. You are right, there's no point having the world's best attack with the world's best defence.

But what @Tomo is saying is that the likes of Pep and Klopp refused to buckle to their ideas and philosophy despite not having the personnel in place to maximise it at first. This is where somebody like Mourinho comes into his element as he'll adapt to his players to protect areas of the team that could be exposed. It's great as a short term fix and has won him countless trophies, but it's not a long term model and is why he struggles beyond a couple of seasons anywhere.

Pep and Klopp have ensured that their philosophy is being worked on even when some of the players weren't the correct fit. When they've had the chance to bring players in to suit their style they've mostly hit a home run and have both had huge success since.

I like what Lampard has been trying to do with the team. The early part of the season showed how impressive we looked offensively. For it to fully work however you need width, similar to Klopp's style. Teams have cottoned on that restricting space centrally forces us out wide where our full backs have no offensive threat. The quicker Reece James can be integrated into the team as first choice and show on his early promise, and we buy a left back in a similar mould, we'll be a huge threat because teams will be unable to simply force us wide as we'll have threats from all areas of the pitch when attacking.

I like our style too mate, it suits us so good when up and running, pacy and direct. Im not saying we should fix the defence to then playing it safe etc. We can game attacking direct footy with high energy and atthe same time have a rock hard defence, its def doable. Your right regarding Width, but its a puzzle now, we have to add by being astute and smart but show ambition too here and there.

5 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

I would follow Lampard to the fucking abyss. The team is growing and learning from each negative result, no need to disrupt the process.

Are they? I'd argue the absolute opposite and say we're making the same mistakes, which is what is so infuriating.