Super Frank Thread

Whoever the manager is over the next few years, if we're going to challenge Liverpool, they're going to have almost completely rebuild the current team.

Better keeper. 2 left backs. At least one right back or two if James doesn't improve enough. 

Sell Christensen, Zouma and Rudi who are all really little more than 4th choice level. Tomori might make it, so keep him.

Though all the midfielders have ability, they  just do not work well enough no matter what combo we play. Serious lack of creativity and goal threat. If RLC can get back to wherw he was i would sell two from Kova, Kante and Jorginho.

Quite obviously we lack a striker of the quality that Liverpool and City have, but hopefully Tammy will remain an important player.

Need experience so keep William for another year but loan out CHO and buy big for a wide right attacker.

Sell the likes of Barkley, Giroud, Pedro .

Liverpool will fall from grace in the next few years. Many are completely forgetting this 'investment' came from Barcelona paying arguably the most ludicrous transfer for Coutinho. They funded VVD, Fabinho and Allison because of it. 

Liverpool will have Mane, Salah, and Firmino until they have no resale value. They can't compete against us, City, United, and even Arsenal financially. 

10 minutes ago, chippy said:

Whoever the manager is over the next few years, if we're going to challenge Liverpool, they're going to have almost completely rebuild the current team.

Better keeper. 2 left backs. At least one right back or two if James doesn't improve enough. 

Sell Christensen, Zouma and Rudi who are all really little more than 4th choice level. Tomori might make it, so keep him.

Though all the midfielders have ability, they  just do not work well enough no matter what combo we play. Serious lack of creativity and goal threat. If RLC can get back to wherw he was i would sell two from Kova, Kante and Jorginho.

Quite obviously we lack a striker of the quality that Liverpool and City have, but hopefully Tammy will remain an important player.

Need experience so keep William for another year but loan out CHO and buy big for a wide right attacker.

Sell the likes of Barkley, Giroud, Pedro .

If it all goes to plan in terms of filling out on their potential i can see this being good enough to challenge.

New keeper (faith in Kepa is evaporating tbh)

James

Rudiger, Tomori and new CB rotating 2 positions

New LB

Jorginho

Kovacic/Kante if he's still here 

Mount/Ruben

(Gallagher being the versatile rotation player in all 3 positions)

Pulisic, new winger (hopefully Sancho) and Odoi rotating between two positions
Tammy and new CF (preferably someone who can double up as a winger to give additional depth there) competing for up front.

This is why Lampard should get time barring a massive dive down the league, even if he doesn't turn out to be good enough he will prioritise the long term good and leave a capable team on the up for a manager who is.

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Liverpool will fall from grace in the next few years. Many are completely forgetting this 'investment' came from Barcelona paying arguably the most ludicrous transfer for Coutinho. They funded VVD, Fabinho and Allison because of it. 

Yeah i always laugh my head off when i read that Klopp has has got unconditional backing, he's been firmly restricted net spend wise his entire time. Now there's no Coutinho money look at how well he's being "backed", nothing in the summer and having to buy a £7m player while rivals are eyeing Sancho and Haaland.

Liverpool's board is actually bang average at everything bar selling players, they're incredibly lucky one of the few top decisions they have made is hiring a manager who can turn urine into wine.

32 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Liverpool will have Mane, Salah, and Firmino until they have no resale value. They can't compete against us, City, United, and even Arsenal financially. 

But they are above us and Arsenal in revenue.

3 hours ago, manpe said:

A myth that many of his former players would disagree with. He is happy to point fingers at the players and everybody else but himself.

No you're right I'm thinking more of his first spell with us. He did publicly have a go at Luke Shaw amongst others at Man United.

Frank is safe for this season even if we continue to get such results. However, if the first matches of next season continue to be such a lottery, I reckon he will be kicked out pretty fast and rightly so.

I do wonder what the perception of Lampard would be had our form been the other way round - start the season poorly but then see improvement in form and results (e.g. the 7-game winning run)...

The trend is your friend.

If we lose out on CL, I fking want to avoid the Euro League. Terrible competition and a big handicap for next season.

I do wonder what the perception of Lampard would be had our form been the other way round - start the season poorly but then see improvement in form and results (e.g. the 7-game winning run)...
Chelsea Fans would want him sacked regardless, which is funny because when you look at our last couple of seasons:

Conte finished 5th with Hazard Cesc and prime Kante.
Conte got Sacked and Sarri finished third with prime Hazard and Teams like Arsenal and Spurs were bottling match After match. Top 4 Finish was just luck.
Now, with Hazard gone and having not a Chance to buy in the Summer, we have Lamps coming in and he is still Top 4, reached the next Stage in CL and People want him sacked. Chelsea fans are high demanding, don't want to see long term Management and have unrealistic expectations. It took Klopp 3 Seasons to sort out the Defense.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Chelsea Fans would want him sacked regardless, which is funny because when you look at our last couple of seasons:

Conte finished 5th with Hazard Cesc and prime Kante.
Conte got Sacked and Sarri finished third with prime Hazard and Teams like Arsenal and Spurs were bottling match After match. Top 4 Finish was just luck.
Now, with Hazard gone and having not a Chance to buy in the Summer, we have Lamps coming in and he is still Top 4, reached the next Stage in CL and People want him sacked. Chelsea fans are high demanding, don't want to see long term Management and have unrealistic expectations. It took Klopp 3 Seasons to sort out the Defense.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

You keep forgetting Lampard is benefiting massively from teams like Tottenham and United dropping random points just as much if not more than Sarri. Continue like this and in a couple weeks we could easily be Top 8 since there is an entire horde right after us.

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

Easy - first sack him, then he's the real deal.

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

I would be better since it would mean were going in the right direction.

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's what I expected. Didnt expect to be near top 4 in the first place. We started maybe to well. N cause of that think some expectations are higher then woildve been. Saying that it's the same mistakes being made that are worrying 

51 minutes ago, Nicco said:

You keep forgetting Lampard is benefiting massively from teams like Tottenham and United dropping random points just as much if not more than Sarri. Continue like this and in a couple weeks we could easily be Top 8 since there is an entire horde right after us.

You could apply it the other way round as well. 

1 hour ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Frank is safe for this season even if we continue to get such results. However, if the first matches of next season continue to be such a lottery, I reckon he will be kicked out pretty fast and rightly so.

The trend is your friend.

If we lose out on CL, I fking want to avoid the Euro League. Terrible competition and a big handicap for next season.

Usually I would agree but I think Europa would come in handy next season if we miss out on CL. Will give us a platform to hand some significant minutes to Maatsen, Anjorin, Gilmour and possible even Lamptey.

48 minutes ago, Nicco said:

I would be better since it would mean were going in the right direction.

Team development is never a straight upward curve. Take Pool in Klopp's first full season, went from looking like our closest challengers to randomly losing three home games on the bounce.